News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

An introduction? Ok then

Started by Kide, 11, November, 2011, 06:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kide

Hello, everyone. I'm Kide, and I've been a GS fan since 2002 I guess. I came across GSHC about a year ago, actually, but I never felt like signing up because I'm not used to these kinds of forums. Plus, english is not my main language, so I don't feel quite comfortable typing in it.

About my hacking experiences... well, I guess they're close to zero. I've only experimented with Pokemon GBC games in a hex editor, but it was some really basic stuff I think doesn't even qualify as hacking.

Well, not much to say for now. Oh, and I've already read the rules (twice, in fact, although the first time was like a year ago), so you don't need to tell me to do it if you don't want to.

Salanewt

Hey Kide, and welcome to the Golden Sun Hacking Community! Using a hex editor is still hacking, so you do have a bit of experience. Do you plan on hacking games in the near future?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Kain

Hello and welcome to the forums.  I hope you enjoy your stay here.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

zman9000

Welcome! Its always nice to have new members who know what they are doing. so good luck and have fun!
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Griever

Welcome to the forum !!!
Try to have fun and be active ^_^

Oh yah .. might want to check the rules as well ^_^

Tan

Greetings, prepare to be assimilated. Also don't worry, you're using English a lot better than a few people who do fully understand it.
"Video Games"
-Raocow

Kai Hong

WARNING! IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO READ THIS WARNING! NOW YOU WILL DIE...eventually.

dwkjohn

hey. you sure you ain't primilarily english. ? you're engrish done be better than mine is. haha ignore my improper grammar. I'm just jking you. welcome.
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Uh, yeah, what they said. Wait, what was your name again? Kid? King Kong? Kite? Kame? Kikikaikai? Cake? DeDeDe? Ah mou.

Charon

Welcome Kide! Its nice to see someone whose read the rules before I tell them to :>

You also have very good English... a lot better than some English speaking people... which is quite strange.

Ninja Steve

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 12, November, 2011, 01:39:09 PMYou also have very good English... a lot better than some English speaking people... which is quite strange.

Native English speakers don't care about things like grammar!

Also hai, welcome to GSHC
Quoteroses are red
grasses are green
push little cart
and be credit to team

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Hi!!!!

If you love this site, then this site shall love you! Hopefully. Hope you enjoy this place. Have fun, and do what you want. --- And don't be afraid to listen to Kraden, and bash Garet, and what not. We all do it.

:Kraden: I don't think enough people listen to me, actually.

:Garet: Quit bashing me for Goodness sakes
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Kide

Thank you everyone for all those replies. I feel this place is getting much friendlier already!

Greetings, prepare to be assimilated. Also don't worry, you're using English a lot better than a few people who do fully understand it.
hey. you sure you ain't primilarily english. ? you're engrish done be better than mine is. haha ignore my improper grammar. I'm just jking you. welcome.
You also have very good English... a lot better than some English speaking people... which is quite strange.

I kinda agree with Ninja Steve on this (even though what he said looked like a joke). If I could type in my native language here, then maybe I wouldn't care much about grammar or spelling. I think it's only natural to try to be as clear as possible when communicating in a foreign language, at least to make a good impression.

Do you plan on hacking games in the near future?

Well, I'm really not sure about it. Over the last two years I found out I rather PLAY hacks other than make them. There's very little excitement on playing my own hacks, and I wouldn't release one hack of mine to the public unless I could make some major changes, which is impossible for me right now. Maybe when I learn more about those stuff, but at this moment I got no serious plans.

zman9000

QuoteWell, I'm really not sure about it. Over the last two years I found out I rather PLAY hacks other than make them. There's very little excitement on playing my own hacks, and I wouldn't release one hack of mine to the public unless I could make some major changes, which is impossible for me right now. Maybe when I learn more about those stuff, but at this moment I got no serious plans.

well that was kinda my reason for joining as well... at least at first. Right now I'm experimenting with different changes and seeing how I can bug the game out... lol...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Knight of Purgatory

Hello Kide! hmmm... late for an intro topic again... Anyway, have fun here at GSHC!!!
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

ScottTheAdept

I hope I'm not too late to say hi...

Welcome to GSHC! Since you already read the rules I don't really feel an obligation to say "read the rules," but... shoot already said it. Oh well, have fun here yeah? That's one of the biggest things to do round these parts.
Here come the holidays. Shopping gets hectic round these times.

Aile~♥

I'm later than you are! I'M ALWAYS LATER!

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay, and have fun screwing around with the editor.

[spoiler=GS hacking odds and ends]If you set an ability's type to "Effect Only" and its effect to "May inflict Delusion on all enemies", the game checks for delusion twice against all targets, and once against all other members of that team.

If you give a Healing ability the effect "User recovers 50% of damage to HP," the character who uses the ability will take damage equal to half the amount of HP the target recovers.

The effective max power for Healing abilities is half the max given by the Editor. If you set the power over the max, it rolls over to the opposite end of the scale, healing NEGATIVE amounts! I haven't tested it, but you might be able to use that to make a damaging move that ignores Haze's effect. It should also ignore barrier effects, such as those used by Flash and Guard Aura.[/spoiler]
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Kide

Well, guess it still counts. Thanks!

Durza

Welcome to the place. Everything seems to have been covered already.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

zman9000

QuoteWelcome to the place. Everything seems to have been covered already.

It always is. Is there ever really a reason to post in an introduction topic other then to say high?