News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

EngieBlox - Puzzle Plaformer with Engineer's Buildings

Started by Charon, 22, November, 2011, 09:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

I need to stop coming up with ideas for little games.

Version 1.2:
Download (Megaupload)

FROM THE README:

ENGIEBLOX VERSION 1.2

Gravelpit -
Level 1 complete
Level 2 complete

11/21/11

By Cat Atoms (Charon the Ferryman/Lucthewhinywindboy/crazybuizel/daigonite/cream gravy ect.)

Please excuse the splash screens, I'm using the free version of Gamemaker. If I get enough support on this I might go ahead and get the full version, but dunno lol

OBJECTIVE:
By moving your four objects, try to complete the puzzles and reach the goal. Try to haul as many of your items as possible to try to solve the next puzzle.

Objects include the Sentry gun, which can defeat enemies, the dispenser which can be used for getting to high places, and the teleporters that can help you return to certain areas.

CONTROLS
LEFT - move left
RIGHT - move right
UP - jump
C - pickup nearby building
SPACEBAR - place nearby building down
1 - destroy/rebuild sentry
2 - destroy/rebuild dispenser
3 - destroy/rebuild teleporter entrance
4 - destroy/rebuild teleporter exit
ENTER - turn on teleporter (only works while held down)

Notes
The sentry fires a bullet on its own about every second. If you lay a sentry down right in front of an enemy, a bullet will come out, killing it, or at least reducing its HP. Please note that it only faces right.

The Dispenser recovered your HP while standing on it.

The teleporter entrance, indicated by an arrow above it, teleports you to the exit. But be warned! If anything is on the exit the teleport will NOT function, so make sure any buildings are off of it when you want to use it!

You have to be standing next to a Dispenser or Sentry to pick it up, but on top of a teleporter part to pick it up.

Notice the little crows? If you touch them they fall to the ground and can be used as platforms.

If you see an eagle, make sure to hit it with a bullet from your sentry. It will rise off of the ground!

The Metal Tokens (which are spinning engineer symbol coins) grant you the ability to rebuild a building, no matter where it is! But be careful because these are in limited supply. Only use them when very necessary! The more you collect, the more you can build, but you'll need your gloves on as many as you can get.

CURRENT ENEMIES:
Scout - This annoying little guy runs back and forth quickly. One shot does him in.

Soldier (standing) - He shoots rockets at regular intervals. If he gets three shots he's done for!

Soldier (rocket-jumping) - he uses his rocket to propel himself in the air, then fires at the ground! Beware of his rain of rockets. He's defenseless on the ground while reloading.

Demoman - he fires bombs at you. If you touch the bombs, you take a lot of damage! They stick around until they go off.

Heavy Weapons Guy - He shoots a stream of bullets quickly. Make sure you have a sentry ready or he'll take you out!

Engineer - he has a sentry, just like you. Except his has a lot more firepower. Take down the sentry first, then go after the engineer before he builds another one!

Fixed Glitches:
- You can no longer use the teleport while carrying the exit. This prevents a crash.
- Made collisions a bit better...
- Fixed scout's running animation.

KNOWN GLITCHES
- ugly black lines on the ground...

Some planned future stages (not in actual order):
- Dustbowl
- Gorge
- Egypt
- Turbine
- Doublecross (??? Its been a while since I've played on this map, I'm 99% sure that's its name)
- Coldfront
- Yukon
- Mountain Lab
- Steel
- 2-Fort

... will add more later when I come up with more ideas...

Still rough around the edges but its gettin' somewhere...

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

QuoteI need to stop coming up with ideas for little games.
STFU! You need to come up with more game ideas, Engieblox looks AWESOME.