News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Grawr

Started by Charon, 06, July, 2009, 09:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

This topic is for you all to release your hacking frustrations.

So, me, I'm making this patch of Ruby because like 200 people have been bugging me on how to put the animation into their hacks. I'm currently importing the sprites from Emerald... and it's tiring.

Problem is, somehow the secret got leaked, and someone's bugging me to DEATH to use the damn thing, but luckily they know next to nothing about Hex Editors and how they work. Still it worries me.

Salanewt

Wow, hopefully they do not figure out how to use hex editors.

I was working on something for Super Mario 64... However, I did something (not sure what) and now when I load a file, the emulator closes down. I had so many different textures too... I made Mario become a thinner Wario (a bit harder than having Luigi), and I was working on changing Bowser too. Also, I mad the butterflies and fish look more realistic. The grass looked more real as well... Oh well. Maybe I can start over (since I have all of the graphics saved).

I was also working on something for making a hack of Sapphire, but it is not working well for me either.

Another hack for Link to the Past, but I can not figure out how to decompress the graphics (as well as the editor not being very good, but it is the only one for the game).

I was also working on Super Mario World (nothing much, just making one stage almost impossible), but on this stage, I had too many enemies, and I did not know what to remove.

And these are four hacking plans that are almost wasted...

The Golden Sun hack is actually working well for me, but I have to change all of the animations back to normal (since I changes several of them for the videos).

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jul 6 2009, 01:01 PM
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

So, Charon... Why are you so reluctant to tell everyone? Is there some good reason for it? Or do you just want to keep it secret so only you can do it? It's not very nice to keep it secret, when so many other people want to use it. Just make a guide, and then you don't have to answer everyone's individual questions!
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Charon is probably busy moving the sprites/graphics/animations before getting ready to make a tutorial. This way, she has it done, so nobody else will try to find ways to take credit for it.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

The automatic repointer for the Golden Sun Editor is still not working properly.  It refuses to properly mark space as free when it isn't used any more.  It's the main reason that compressed data which you can only view right now, isn't editable.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Oh yeah. I wonder if there is a way around it? I am guessing that expanding a game file would not work, since every rom would have to be expanded... What if there were something in the editor that would allow a user to expand their rom, so data could be recompressed without the game thinking that there is no room?

Have a nice day.

Charon

Quote from: Atrius on 06, July, 2009, 09:40:00 PMThe automatic repointer for the Golden Sun Editor is still not working properly.

Salanewt

Oh yeah, contacting the creator of advance map is not a bad idea.

Also, it is a good idea to keep it a secret, but do you think that there will come a time in the future when you decide that you don't like secrets anymore (just wondering, NOT asking for anything to be done or changed)?

Have a nice day.

Charon

Well, I'm releasing a patch o.o

Salanewt

Oh, that is a good thing. I am working on a hack for Golden Sun, but I still want to figure out how I can make new music sound perfect before I upload the first patch (with the help of your guide). Also, I am getting frustrated with constantly changing the animations to find more (and also to change the camera's angle). If it were not for these two things, then version 2 of the patch would be almost here.

Also, I am getting tired of deleting all of the tracks in the midi files (but I have a feeling that I read this incorrectly in your guide).

Have a nice day.

Charon

You can just copy and past the track to a new file and reset the tempo again. That should work.

Salanewt

Oh thank you. However, I am a novice hacker (well, novice going on to regular very quickly now). Could you please tell me how I reset the tempo? Thank you in advance.

If I find this out, then I will not bother with the animations that change the camera angle for the first patch (since this is easier to do for me).

Have a nice day.