News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Kraden Fights

Started by Atrius, 16, October, 2008, 03:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

I did a quick experiment on inserting custom graphics into The Lost Age.  Someone gave me a link to some battle sprites for Kraden, so I used those.

- Click on the image to view a video

Consider this proof of concept for the feature being in The Lost Age Editor.  It'll take a while, but it'll happen eventually.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Quote from: Atrius on 16, October, 2008, 03:36:00 PMI did a quick experiment on inserting custom graphics into The Lost Age.  Someone gave me a link to some battle sprites for Kraden, so I used those.

Consider this proof of concept for the feature being in The Lost Age Editor.  It'll take a while, but it'll happen eventually.
this is cool... great progress in such few days after you last posted.  

weckar

I've been wondering, I know it was Piers you used for this, but what element would you give him a full hack?

Atrius (He/Him)

I'm not sure, story-wise I don't think Kraden can even use Psynergy actually.

There is a class series that goes:
Hermit -> Elder -> Scholar -> Savant -> Sage -> Wizard

It's a mix of Water & Wind, I'd probably give him that if I could just because the titles are pretty fitting for his character.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Noticed that the attack sprite didn't exactly end as it should, though.  You may wanna look into that.

As far as psynergy, he can't use it himself.  However, other characters cannot use psynergy of other elements without the aid of Djinn.  I say?  It may take a wee bit of programming skill, or some luck manipulating the system, but you could make it to where without Djinn, he has no psynergy, but WITH djinn, he follows a class system.

Atrius (He/Him)

Yeah.... The only sprites I have for him are what I got off of this page.  It's not a full sprite sheet by far.

Rolina

Oh, WOW!  They're pretty good.  Maybe we can get a sprite artist in here to work on the stuff.

jmillart

Quote from: Atrius on 16, October, 2008, 03:36:00 PM
I did a quick experiment on inserting custom graphics into The Lost Age.  Someone gave me a link to some battle sprites for Kraden, so I used those.

Would it be possible to set him up as additional character, not as a replacement, with no Psynergy type (and no Psynergy points or very little psynergy points) and block him from having Djinn but maybe more natural HP and Defense/Resistance strength to compensate. I'd use that mod! It would make Kraden so much more useful if he could carry stuff and join in the fight instead of hitching a ride through the whole story.