News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Different Weapon?

Started by besttp, 09, December, 2011, 06:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

besttp

Well, i have a problem.
I make a custom weapon in an empty slot below Muramasa. It's called Halloween Mace and can be equipped by Felix, Isaac, Garet, Piers, Mia, and Sheba. But it appeared different in a battle. It appeared as sword when equipped by Felix and Isaan. Appeared as mace when equipped by Garet, and appeared as staff and ankh when equipped by Sheba and Mia.

Could you give me some explanation about this please?

Thanks

Misery

Some unknown variable I assume (that would be the best case), since there isn't any option for it in the editor and I haven't seen anybody mention it. I'd like to know as well. But most likely, nobody knows for now.

I think anything when used as a weapon will use one of the weapon sprites. Example: I tried changing the herb item into a weapon, it appeared as a sword for Felix, staff for Jenna, etc...
Perhaps putting it just after or before the maces in the list instead would work (just throwing out suggestions).

Atrius (He/Him)

I have located the variables for weapon sprites in battle, they just haven't made their way into the editor yet.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Misery

Oh, that's good news. So... where are they stored? And how?