News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Introduce Myself

Started by besttp, 09, December, 2011, 07:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

besttp

Quote from: Misery on 16, December, 2011, 11:11:18 AM
Click the "insert image" button when posting, and you'll get two tags, "img" and "/img" in brackets (you can also type them yourself).
Then copy the address (url) of the picture and paste it between the tags.
It has to be an image that is already on the web, or one that you uploaded yourself to an image hosting service (like photobucket, for example).

Don't post BMP files. PNG is good for most of what you would likely want to post, maybe JPEG for larger images.

Oh, and I haven't welcomed you yet.
Well, hello.

Wah! Thanks! Hello too.
Let me try it! Let me try it!

besttp

This post has been removed.

besttp

Quote from: Misery on 16, December, 2011, 11:11:18 AM
Click the "insert image" button when posting, and you'll get two tags, "img" and "/img" in brackets (you can also type them yourself).
Then copy the address (url) of the picture and paste it between the tags.
It has to be an image that is already on the web, or one that you uploaded yourself to an image hosting service (like photobucket, for example).

Don't post BMP files. PNG is good for most of what you would likely want to post, maybe JPEG for larger images.

Oh, and I haven't welcomed you yet.
Well, hello.

Again, I wanna ask. Does this mean that I have to upload my image first on a website?

Misery

If it's not on the internet already, then yes, you have to upload it yourself.
Also, please modify your last post instead of double or triple posting... :Sweat:

Rolina

Aye, you'll want to add new info by using the edit button, not by posting a new reply.  The only exceptions tend to be:

One Week Rule - after a week, it's typically safe to poly-post
Reserved Content Rule - for some things, such as reference guides, it's a good idea to reserve areas for the posts so that people don't break it up by commenting before you're done.
Creative Right Rule - If the thread is part of a story or is an art sharing thread, or even project idea threads (where you're the one outlining the initial idea), you can claim creative right to do so.  Sometimes, stories must be sorted by chapter, or images by category.

Other than that, you typically do not want to double post.  If someone has something to add, feel free.

besttp

Quote from: Role on 16, December, 2011, 03:02:11 PM
Aye, you'll want to add new info by using the edit button, not by posting a new reply.  The only exceptions tend to be:

One Week Rule - after a week, it's typically safe to poly-post
Reserved Content Rule - for some things, such as reference guides, it's a good idea to reserve areas for the posts so that people don't break it up by commenting before you're done.
Creative Right Rule - If the thread is part of a story or is an art sharing thread, or even project idea threads (where you're the one outlining the initial idea), you can claim creative right to do so.  Sometimes, stories must be sorted by chapter, or images by category.

Other than that, you typically do not want to double post.  If someone has something to add, feel free.

Thanks for your information  :heart:

Rolina