News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

The Seven Mysteries of the GSHC

Started by zman9000, 10, December, 2011, 09:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman9000

The seven mysteries of the GSHC involve the site and the people in it, how they act and react.
whats the 7 strangest things that has happened to you on the site.

And what are the true Seven Mysteries of the GSHC?

#1: Weird happenings with the search bots.
#2: 177 simultaneous active members.
#3: Random button error's.
#4: Snow effect randomly lags some computers.
#5: random boosts of activity followed by random points of total inactivity.
#6: People being forced to leave do to certain events
#7:

Other Mysteries
[spoiler]8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:[/spoiler]
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Kide

What about all those searchbots? One day I saw 71 on.... weird....

And I'm suspecting about lots of other stuff too, but maybe it's not a good idea to tell about those...

zman9000

so i think we all agree that, weird happenings with the search bots should be one. I'm-a-go add it to the list/make a list
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

There were 177 people on the site all on at once, lol.

zman9000

O yeah I wondered about that. I thought that number was just the total members... but i checked and we have about 200+ members registered.
And even though it was active way back when I joined... 177 at the same time... that's a little... lol

I'll add it for now until Atrius or Charon clears it up...

Atrius (He/Him)

That count includes guests, and I remember checking the logs for that day, we had a LOT of people redirected here from StumbleUpon all at once.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Kide

Ah, so that's what happened, huh? I've used to think you were livestreaming some sort of go.... (maybe it's time for me to shut up)

dwkjohn

I came here one day and all the icons on everything were changed to the yahoo answers flower icon thing. I thought I was going crazy and decided not to mention it.  then there was that april fools joke. but I forgot what happened. every few days or so, for me at least, the view all button under the cbox disappears. idk why. but that's all I got.
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

zman9000

I know what you mean, every now and then i see the My Messages and profile buttons over lapping and when i try to click on my messages it clicks on profile...

so I guess I'd say... wierd button errors or random button errors.

Rolina

Yeah, I get the button errors a lot, too, especially when I post.  The emotes and other buttons get all mixed up.  I've posted a question about it on the feedback topic, but nobody replied...

zman9000

O i have one. why does the snow effect randomly crash some peoples computers so easily?
(or lag bad)

the snow is fine on my computer though...

zman9000

Ah i got one.
random boosts of activity followed by random points of total inactivity.
:P

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Strangest things that have happened to me on this site?  People quitting in a hissy.

Role did it maybe a couple times, but she is active and healthy right now, though. Charon rage quit... Salanewt quit from I guess boredom... etc.

People being forced to leave do to events...
I would also include Jiten's leaving a mystery as well.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

zman9000

Ok I'll add that one to the list. we almost have 7 so... that's good i think?

Jiten

Jiten was explained in my Introductory post.  Read it.

Shinigami

Your introductory post is not very convincing...
So nanoka~

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Quote from: Shinagami's signatureAnyone else think Ixion is Jiten?
That thought did occur to me once... Though, I would not have enough evidence to believe it.. so..

The mystery I had in mind was.. How did he die?  Ixion's intro post seems to state something about not seeing Jiten for six months and using that as evidence for his death... Though, I do not see that as being good enough evidence... For all I know, he could have gotten amnesia. At worst, be permanently disabled... Hm...

I figure that this quote
QuoteHonestly it seems like you guys lost an invaluable member to a Nuclear Storm
... refers to GSHC's argument problems....? (Or is it literally a nuclear storm?)

But anyway, I probably won't look into these events much further because they seem rather pointless save for the idea that it might make this forum a little more active for a couple more days. And whether Ixion would be Jiten or not barely makes a difference to me right now anyway. (I doubt it, but for the sake of concept.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Kain

The seven mysteries of GSHC, one of the members has seven mysteries about them.

One:  Jiten deleted everything about himself.  Posts, name....EVERYTHING.
Two:  Ixion shows up claiming he was left a "beginners guide" to this website.
Three:  Ixion knows things that happened in Skype.
Four:  Ixion behaves EXACTLY like him.
Five:  The story is too convenient.
Six:  The timing is strange.
Seven:  I'm not the only suspicious party because it keeps getting brought up.

That's my view on the situation and honestly it doesn't matter in the end if Jiten = Ixion.  Jiten is deleted and therefor no rules are being broken.  I'd rather this not turn into a huge argument and if someone asks for the issue to be dropped, I ask that everyone respect the wishes of the person.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

zman9000

Ixion... I know, but he wasn't the only person who left. there was Role at one point, I can remember a few others but not their names, one got hurt and was gone for a month, Charon sorta rage quit, and salanewt got bored and left.

all in all, this site has a habit of people leaving lots of times and most of the time for weird or unknown reasons. I mean look at how many registered users there are.

Jiten

@Kain - Where do I start...well 1...

1. I spoke to him in other chat places like YM messenger or in person and he told me that he had he pm'd Atrius and asked that he delete his account.
2.  I knew Jiten for a long time. Which is about 15/19 years at this point in time.  He was practically a brother to me.
3. Again, he told me so much that went on because he wanted me to get Skype and I didn't want to, so he brought it upon himself to tell me all the things that went on there.
4. When you hang around someone like that for so long, you pick up things from that person. At least I did.  Also, I'm much more aggressive than he was, so there's an explanation for you.
5. That's your personal belief, but he was but a brother and a very good friend, so he helped me out very much in rough times.
6. Nothing to say for that.
7. You, Leaf, and that's all I know.  For all I know, probably half of the people you talk with believe that I'm my dead friend.

@Teawater - I was referring to the incident with Charon and Role and the April Fools turning out to be so bad it caused her to leave.

(18+ Warning)

Since everyone wants an explanation, Here's the story:  I had all the beginners file before he left.  Whenever he left here, he hadn't left quite yet.  His mood was changing at the time however, and it was getting noticeable. He probably vanished not to long after he had atrius remove his account.  I'd estimate 5 - 6 days. ( At this time, I already knew a good chunk of the skype business up to that point in time of his Online disappearance, had the guide, and his demeanor was changing rapidly. ) After his Real life disappearance, people tried to look for him, I did as well and had no luck. This was going on for about 6 months, (as I've said.) until someone found his body in the desert with half of his head missing with a shotgun that wasn't very far from the corpse.  Of course it was rotting because he had to have done it about 1 - 2 months in.  I was called down to the hospital and I was asked to identify to see if it was him (His parents were out of town to take a break from the searching to clear their minds and come back and tackle the problem.) So, when I came to the hospital and they unveiled the corpses with a mangled head, dried up husk of a body, thinned out, and basically picked and eaten at, It was him.  So you're wondering how would I know to identify the body?  The clothes gave it away.  The Doctors told me that his internal organs where eaten at as well and that basically there was almost nothing left, save for bits and pieces of random parts ( I won't bother with details.).
____

All of the details In a Basic box

- His mood  was changing prior to him leaving (I already had the stories he told me about skype and the beginner file)
- I assume he no longer was on Skype as well
- He disappeared
- People looked for him
- they didn't find him until Six months had passed altogther
- I ended up having to identify the body since I was only one who'd be willing to do it.
- Mangled corpse identified: It's Jiten. he's dead.
- It was suicide, by shotgun.  The blast from the shotgun wiped most of his facial features out making it highly difficult to find out it was him or not.
- His clothes gave it away.
____

At this point, I no longer care what you people do at this point in time because this is the internet, and I learned long ago getting angry about something like this would do nothing.  I should have figured about what I was getting myself into when I read the first few posts I stumbled upon when checking this site out for the first time.   The April fool jokes going bad, the ragequit of Charon, and leaf's responses to Role/Rolina, etc.  I didn't think it'd turn out this way, but it did.  Well, I'm done with this and you can discuss this among yourselves.   You have your requested details, Don't PM me about thisand you can do what you want, just leave me be about it.   I no longer care if you make fun of him or me, but don't involve me.  I don't expect respect from the members here at this point in time for any wishes from me or Jiten if he was still alive.  Judging from what I've seen from this site, I can't say much about it.

____

au revoir.