News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

The Seven Mysteries of the GSHC

Started by zman9000, 10, December, 2011, 09:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kain

GM notes.  Zman, don't dig this hole any deeper by needlessly picking at it.  Second, don't bring up sore topics because that's a good way to start more fighting.  Next up is my initial reason for this, you do NOT tell other members that they should leave the site for ANY reason.  For this I AM issuing you a warning, and finally the giant freaking text.

This isn't just to Zman but to everyone, stop using it.  It's annoying, it's spammy and it makes you look immature.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Oh, thanks Ixion!  I suppose that clears up most of the details.  I wouldn't be surprised if he had a motive... given that his mood changed.

And our next mystery: Editor updates taking forever, but when they are made they are sometimes done in batches. (to include bug fixes.) This mystery includes the fact that no one else seems to be working on it, even after the wanted source version.  (Seems only Atrius and I have managed to look at the source, from what I can tell.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Aile~♥

@Kain: Wait, what? Not to contest your leadership or mod-ness or anything, but I didn't see anything wrong with zman's latest post at all, and nobody told anybody else to leave.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

That's likely because Kain went in and fixed it like a good GM.

Aile~♥

There's no "edited by" thingy at the bottom of the post, though.

Atrius (He/Him)

Thats because the post isn't there any more.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

zman9000

I didn't say he should leave... I just have a tendacy to word things in a way that comes off as offensive, even though I didn't mean it that way...

I said something like this: If you truly believe people on this site are singling you out to pick on you, maybe you should go a head with your plan to leave. Cause from here it looks like you are needlessly getting stressed out which leads to frustration and fighting. And I can assure you I haven't seen anyone picking on you. If its PM's then tell Atrius.

This is what I meant by the part that Kain got mad about. I don't really care but like I also said in the deleted post. Please take the argument else where.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

All five of the posts between this one and my last post are off-topic!  So that makes for another mystery:  People having the tendency of making topics go off-topic.

So basically, I think you are saying that if he doesn't feel welcomed here, then he shouldn't force himself to keep coming here if he doesn't really want to?  In my opinion, it would be quite sad to see him leave.  Mainly because this forum isn't very active, but I don't want to be the one keeping people from doing what they choose.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Misery

It's a kind thought z, but bringing that up is sort of unnecessary when you think about it - if someone doesn't like being here, no one can force them to, and they'll just stop coming here. I guess we've seen that happen often enough.

As for going off-topic, one of the bigger quirks of this site seems to be the tendency of falling into the loop of new topic -> off-topic -> intense off-topic debate -> telling off and warnings to those involved -> deadness. I guess you could call it a mystery, if you wanted to define the GSHC by mysteries. And without all the off-topic this site would be even less active, which isn't all that strange, really. Ultimately, it's about hacking Golden Sun, and there isn't a lot going on with that nowadays. Also, GS-fans and gamers have other places to go to.

While we're talking about mysteries, Ixion/Jiten comes to mind. I don't know if they're the same person, and I don't care - both are equally qualified, and appear equally enigmatic to me. And I don't mean that in a bad way.

Rolina

Here's an odd one - The purpose behind the creation of the clans.  While I'm not particularly complaining that they exist, I do have to wonder what Charon's rationale was behind their creation - after all, we're not a GS Fansite, we're a community that's supposed to be analyzing the games and hacking into them to create our own.  This lead to clans... not really doing anything (despite my efforts).

zman9000

@Misery: my original post was a big wall of text trying to convince him not to leave and only said maybe he should if he is getting stressed.
also I'm one of the people who aren't leaning either way on who he is. and given my activity its not even a concern. I don't know what he meant by people picking on him...

@Role: The clans always seemed a bit limited. I know that at the "Temple of kraden" site they have like a million clans. But the way it works is a little different I think. My point is, the badge system and the clans are all good, but it needs to be better open to people. badges need to be open for people to make, and clans need an option for people to make their own clan that can be based around a project or hack. That way you could join clans you are interested in because of what ever project there is.
Its my own take of how I picture clans working.

The clans them self are strange but only because of the lack of members and the loss of Charon.
As for the purpose behind the clans, its actually very clear why they were created, it just seems strange because they have failed to work as intended.

So it doesn't count as a mystery
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Aile~♥

The clans were supposed to encourage fun and conversation and stuff. Instead, they somehow managed to drastically lower site activity, it seems. That's certainly mysterious enough, if you ask me. (Which no-one did.)

Jiten

Quote from: Teawater on 02, October, 2012, 09:25:26 PM
Oh, thanks Ixion!  I suppose that clears up most of the details.  I wouldn't be surprised if he had a motive... given that his mood changed.

And our next mystery: Editor updates taking forever, but when they are made they are sometimes done in batches. (to include bug fixes.) This mystery includes the fact that no one else seems to be working on it, even after the wanted source version.  (Seems only Atrius and I have managed to look at the source, from what I can tell.)

He had social and Financial problems that consumed him.

Forgot to reply.  Aw. That's terrible, if only we could have done something to help him.

Here's a mystery: Why'd you (^) change your name back to Jiten?
Another mystery: Atrius becomes active again, but not quite as much, while Kain's still busy with life. (Or at least, it appears that way.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Jiten

Quote from: Fox on 08, November, 2014, 09:32:22 AM
Here's a mystery: Why'd you (^) change your name back to Jiten?
Another mystery: Atrius becomes active again, but not quite as much, while Kain's still busy with life. (Or at least, it appears that way.)

Sorry, the story was a Farse.  I apologize about the entire mess I create back then.  Plus, people could see right through me anyways, such as Kain and other Moderators.

About the name change:  I liked the name, it was the first name I used here and it was quite creative at the time.

Well, Atrius does have a free moment I suppose, as I can thank him for getting my name changed.

I do miss Charon though.

So, at least you all can scratch off one Mystery with me.

Apology accepted.
Yeah, and then there are people like me... Who are likely to do a quick investigation, and then choose to forget about it or something... in thought that it's mostly pointless either way. ; And maybe pretend to play along if want to. (Maybe.)
Okay.
Well, every body has free time to do something. The question is how much free time.
Charon? Oh, not sure if I should say anything...
Okay. Or at least, replace your mystery with: "Why do people make up farse stories?" - To generalize it a bit.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Knight of Purgatory

Lol, all dem pranks. I myself go by a different name these days on steam. Name changing is fun imo.
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

charon the ferryman

:?: :?: :?:

The real mystery is when people think I don't come here ever.

Spoopy