News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Favourite Kind Of Djinn

Started by Charon, 07, July, 2009, 04:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favourite kind of Djinn?

8 (33.3%)
4 (16.7%)
4 (16.7%)
8 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Charon

squizzy44

Salanewt

Mercury. Not only for element (for me, that is almost a tie between Mercury and Jupiter), but also for shape and colour. I like how Camelot managed to make it look good with pink (for a crab?). It is unfortunate that they did not think about using it for the tutorial at the beginning of the Second Golden Sun, since Venus was in the tutorial for the first game.

Have a nice day.

Edit: I would say that "Glow" for the options is more like "Highlight", but it looks nice like this.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Sajin

Venus! I adore the design (mole+scorpion tail+rat)  :VenusSet: :VenusDjinni: :VenusSet:
And mercury is my second favourite.

Rolina

:Jupiter: Well, for starters, I see myself as an intellectual.
:Jupiter: Jupiter represents the mind
:Jupiter: Plus, all the smart people are Jupiter adepts.
:Jupiter: So Jupiter be my element of choice.

Besides... look how cute the Jupiter mascot is!  :JupiterDjinni: :JupiterSet:

suzumebachi

:Jupiter: I'm a Jupiter Adept......... XD <3 luff~
:JupiterDjinni:

Salanewt

As Salanewt (Salamander + Newt)

Well, this is sort of how I see it...

Mercury = Crab + Frog
Mars = Squirrel + Insect
Jupiter = Fish + Bird
Venus = Mole + Scorpion

Each one is based on at least two actual animals.

See why I chose Mercury? Amphibian Power!

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

suzumebachi

Well.....

Suzumebachi = Sparrow + Bee

Mercury = Crab + Frog
Mars = Squirrel + Insect
Jupiter = Fish + Bird
Venus = Mole + Scorpion

So I'm Megaera?

Salanewt

And I... Don't want to say Neried. Okay then, since I had three Chickadees land on my hand today with no food...

I am Moloch.

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

Role? Intellectual? HAH! More like psychopathic berserker (no offence Role, please don't kill me :Sweat:). I think Mars suits Role better.

@Jupiter being the only element with intelligent people: Who says Jenna isn't smart? Sure, she may be loud at times, but she has some brains in there. Saturos was fairly intelligent, but (unfortunately) not enough not to be dead.

I've noticed that Jupiter represents the mind for some reason. Venus doesn't seem to represent anything in particular, but Mars definitely represents hotheadedness. Mercury represents calm, and in the case of one certain Mercury Adept, lack of emotion. (*CoughcoughPIERScoughcough*)
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 06, November, 2009, 11:01:07 PM
I've noticed that Jupiter represents the mind for some reason. Venus doesn't seem to represent anything in particular, but Mars definitely represents hotheadedness. Mercury represents calm, and in the case of one certain Mercury Adept, lack of emotion. (*CoughcoughPIERScoughcough*)

*CoughcoughPIERSISAROBOTcoughcough.*

Also, Venus represents muteness/unlikelyhood to talk?

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

Unlikelyhood to talk? No, that's just a Felix/Isaac thing. Actually, Susa doesn't seem to talk much either, though Kushinada isn't exactly mute or anything.

Salanewt

Oh yeah, that is true.

Okay then... Venus = The likelyhood of being boring?

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

Ok, I agree with that one.

See, Role? That's why my Scholar Mars Adept wouldn't work as a Venus Adept!

Salanewt

Very good. I mean, the only exciting Venus adept is Eoleo's grandmother (she is quite exciting for an older woman, don't you think?). Also, it looked like there were very few Venus adepts on the left half of the world, and there are none in the northern or southern corners, so... They are pretty much refined to the general Izumo and Vale region (and also Champa, but that is not too far from Izumo).

Have a nice day.

Frog

I dunno, Isaacs pretty cool WITH a voice.
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Rolina

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 06, November, 2009, 11:14:23 PM
Ok, I agree with that one.

See, Role? That's why my Scholar Mars Adept wouldn't work as a Venus Adept!
Huh?  I'm just saying that Archeologist sounds like a Venus class, so it doesn't fit the rest of the class.

Salanewt

Isaac is more interesting in the second one, but is boring in the first one. Same thing with Felix being interesting in the first one, but not the second. The reason why they are more interesting in the game that you control the other one is because Camelot is making up for them being boring usable characters.

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

They could make like the Tales series and get rid of this whole "silent protagonist" nonsense!

Salanewt

Yes, that would be nice. However, don't forget that there are games like Mario and Zelda where the protagonist is always near mute (they have sound effects sometimes, but rarely legible). Better yet, make it so they are not mute, but they do not like talking too often (basically, give the main character a lot of lines sometimes, but do not make it so they talk for no reason, or to insignificant people (although in my hack, the main character will always say "Thank You", "You are welcome", or "Hello"/"Good bye" to everyone, hehehe)).

However, we are a bit off topic now. I wonder if Golden Sun DS might introduce new djinni? It would be neat to have Sol and Lunos djinni, lol.

Have a nice day.