News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Endgame weapon

Started by besttp, 11, December, 2011, 04:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite endgame weapon?

Atropos' Rod
Darksword
Excalibur
Tisiphone Edge
Lachesis' Rule
Atropos' Rod
Masamune

zman9000

Well my reasoning at the time was since I had played up to half way through the Colosseum thing with Isaac and my file got deleted. back then I sucked so bad I couldn't beat the final boss of GS1 until I leveled up to 65. so you can see my problem with me fighting with only one character...

now i beat the Colosso at level 14 and the final boss at 18-19. I feel I've improved my ... tactics ... O yeah that was a run with no deaths by any of the characters.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

leaf

Eh... on a normal playthrough, you're not going to see anyone max atk. Grinding to lv99 is not a fun thing to do. I think for a lv40 game isaac had around 430 atk or something? After a double impact, that still only goes up to 645. If you've got a megiddo setup for a non-lv99 game, you're probably best off giving those atk boosters to whoever your megiddo user will be, be it isaac or felix, since they're the ones that can make the most of that boosted atk.

Agil boosters can also be good to manipulate your party order, so you may not always want to give them to the slowest char.

Otherwise, yeah. Spread the wealth. Bulk up the chars with poorer defenses a little to help them survive out there.

[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Kide

Quote from: KideThe unleashes are overall better, and there're only 3 of them, so the chance of gettin' Centurion is higher.
Just quoting myself 'cause I may have said something I don't know it's true, as I haven't checked DD mechanics in... quite a while. So, if someone knows this, please correct me.

I don't really know how unleashes mechanics work in this case. I mean, it would be logical to think that getting one given unleash out of 3 would be more likely than one out of 4. But maybe the unleashes are stored in slots that have a specific rate, like rare drops are handled in some other other games. I don't know.

Quote from: RoleThat also means you can lock the Sol Blade into using Centurion.  All you have to do is unlock it, then just use a lesser weapon until it comes time for boss fight, then switch to Sol Blade.  With a perfect unleash setup, you'll always use Centurion.
I guess this would be possible, but you'd still be risked at unlocking a new unleash while in battle. Again, don't know the mechanics for sure, but I thought it was based on damage done by that weapon (or relative damage, maybe). Of course, you would still have access to Centurion, so it isn't that bad.

Aile~♥

It's based on the number of regular attack hits dealt with the weapon, from what I've read.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Kide

If what you say is true, then I can see that strategy working better than I thought it would. It's weird though, I kinda remember those who dealt more damage unlocking unleashes and mastering weapons faster than the others. But since you've actually read that, I'll take it as correct, since I haven't and honestly I'm not feeling like doing it anytime soon. So, thanks for the info Jamie! ^_^

Rolina

Keep in mind:  Chaos Chimera is vulnerable to Wind.  Combine that with Sveta's Beastform EPAs, both at full power... you're gonna clean house in no time.

Aile~♥

Most of Beastform Sveta's EPAs are Venus elemental, so the only thing she'll be cleaning house with is Speed Punch.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

I was gonna say to do the 1.6x multiplier.  It'd likely outdamage speed punch, especially since she'll hit the attack limit.

NightXsenator

I usually give Sol Blade to Isaac (Ninja-class series), Darksword to Garet (Samurai-class series, sometimes Quick strike is useful) and Masamune to Ivan (Tomegathericon, call Dullahan). Isaac has the greatest attack, augmented many times in both games.

Rolina

Technically, Felix has better attack growths than Isaac, though.

As for me: 
Isaac gets Sol Blade
Garet gets Excalibur
Ivan gets Tisiphone Edge
Mia gets Lachesis Rule
Felix gets Tisiphone Edge
Jenna gets Tisiphone Edge
Sheba gets Atropos Rod
Piers gets either Excalibur (normal classes) or Darksword (for Call Dullahan spam)

zman9000

QuoteGaret gets Excalibur
I almost always give Garet the cursed ring and all the cursed gear, he ends up being on par with Isaac and Felix by the final boss. and then he also gets the darksword if I can get that in a reasonable amount of time.

sheba and ivan... they tend to get the lesser weapons and armor as they tend to die a lot. And most of the time I even have their djinn set for boss battles.

Mia and Piers get hand me downs as well, but I've never really had problems with Piers before so he gets one of the best swords like... the one with the unleash "rising dragon" or something like it.
Isaac and Felix end up the same every time, Felix Sol blade, Isaac Giga blade or excalibur.

I don't know what it is, but I tend to have half my party super strong, and the other half really weak. I mean I'm sure I could get close to beating the doom dragon with just Isaac and Felix.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx