News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Role's Signature Discussion

Started by Rolina, 03, January, 2012, 01:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knight of Purgatory

Role, whats that thing above your reveal psyenergy?
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Rolina

It's supposed to be my fundamental affinity.  I know, it looks crappy.  I'm working on making a better one.  If y'all have your own ideas for the Luna emblem, feel free to let me know.  While you're at it, look into Sol as well.

leaf

Quote from: Role on 03, January, 2012, 09:00:15 PM
Slayer:  14
Hero: 14
Sorcerer: 15
Angel: 15
Justice: 14
Admiral: 14

Average: 14.33
Then... jamie is right. The only mage with 14 skills instead of 15 is jenna, who happens to be the most warrior-like mage in the game in all other respects, as well. Ivan, sheba, and mia all have 15.

Quote@Leaf:  Must have been something you grew up differently in.  I always grew up with "C is average", even Letterman has the "average man scholarship" where you can get it only if you had nothing but Cs in all your classes your whole school career.  I think it's SS throwing you off - SS just refers to the max, it's not a range like the other values.
I treat EDCBAS as a different ranking system than ABCDF (to the point I even list the rankings in opposite orders!), so I don't take school grades into consideration for it.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

And my guess as to why Jenna only has 14 spells is because of her Fume line - but that is just a small idea.

Something seems a bit off with the portrait in your signature, but it looks nice enough overall... Aren't there supposed to be 30 inventory slots though?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

And to think S was the highest in Advance Wars... I didn't know there was an SS! I guess you learn something everyday.

Salanewt: I agree that something does seem a bit off with that... Could be the transparency? Or maybe that there is a larger gap above it than below it? Or maybe it's just my eyes?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

leaf

I've actually seen as high as SSS, but it's very rare.

In GS1+2 you could have up to 15 items. DD let you have up to 20.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

@Teawater:  DDR goes up to SSS, I think.  Stepmania to SSSSS... but that's overkill.  In Dragon Quest Monsters, the rank above S is X, which is for the ultimate rank, which is something I've personally come to prefer, but thanks to games like DDR people are more familiar with SS.

@Leaf:  DD let you have 16, two rows of eight.  Count again.

Salanewt

Oh, right, I kept mixing the total up with the max stack size, which is 30. Thanks for the clarification!

As for these ranks, I guess it really depends on preference. I personally like the E-S ranking system, but adding SS or X to go after that seems fair too.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

leaf

Quote from: Role on 04, January, 2012, 01:11:15 AM@Leaf:  DD let you have 16, two rows of eight.  Count again.
Misremembered. Not miscounted. But k.
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

Rolina

@Sala:  Well, E-S is roughly the same as F-SS/X, just with slightly larger ranges.  But yeah, ranking systems like this most people are pretty familiar with, and I don't have to get into details like stat percentiles.

Misery

I think the stat ratings look a little... not messy, but for a chart it's kind of hard to make the connection between stat and rating. It's probably too compact, and would need a bit of space to separate the stats so you get a clearer reading. There's a lot of empty space there, so you should be able figure something out, right? The rest of it is a nice concept though. But whoever drew that display picture should be shot

Griever

The one were you had the stats on top and the value on bottom was nice and easier to read.
Glory to Jupiter hih?

@Misery: What is wrong with her display picture?

Misery

Alright, I guess I better explain myself about that...
[spoiler=what's wrong]I should've made it better.[/spoiler]

Rolina

If you want to do more work on it, you're more than welcome to do so. ^-^

In the mean time, my quest for the font continues... at this rate, I may have to make it myself.  Anyone know any good sites with tutorials on how to make a font?

Rolina

Seen that.  The problem is that the software I've been told to use doesn't allow me to save the font unless I pay sixty bucks to buy the non-freeware version, thus totally defeating the point.

Rolina

...In case anyone was interested, I've finished Beta Testing, and have got the full thing started.  If y'all really want to, I can create a thread for it.

Robert Joe

If it would not bee too much trouble, you might as well. While I personally am too uncreative to think of any character for myself other than an Inept Engineer (Which would sort of defeat the purpose, as there would be no multiple classes to cycle though), I am sure that others would like to use it, as it looks awesome.

Knight of Purgatory

Well, i dont know about making my own character, but if anyone who is planning to get their own dd sig, needs custom weapon and/or psyenergy icons for their sig, i'm more than happy to help.
Here are a few examples

MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Rolina

Actually, being an inept is perfectly valid if that is your desire - they even benefit from djinn and classes, though only statistically (after all, inepts cannot cast spells).

Now, with Ni No Kuni looming, I'm not likely to get this all up by this week, because there is a LOT of threads I've gotta set up first so as to make the process a heck of a lot easier on everyone (and oh joy, the formatting fixes I'll have to do), but by the time I'm done, you guys should be able to not only have your own signature icon, but also create yourselves as characters, and have everything all set up and ready to go for an RP should one start up.

I'll start getting the prerequisite threads done, but don't expect me to finish for a bit - I'll let you know when all of this is up and ready to go.