News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Wav Insertion

Started by Blazer, 06, July, 2009, 10:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

There really isn't, so... I suppose I will have to ask around then.

Perhaps I can upload a Youtube video tomorrow, and ask people what they think the instruments are? Hehehehehe...

Have a nice day, and thank you for your time.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

With the exception of the Oriental set, they all match with their midi counterparts in Sappy.

Salanewt

They do? Okay, thanks. I am going to work on completing that list when I get back.

Have a nice day.

Wait though, the game is not Sappy compatible, it still matches?

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

You have to make it Sappy Compatable. I'll pull up the sappy.lst file tomorrow.

Sappy uses the same instruments as the game would if it matched with your computer's MIDI engine. What I mean by my above post is that when a Pan Flute plays in Sappy, it's in the game, but the with the Oriental set it doesn't work that way. A few of the Lead instruments are like that too, as well as a few sound effects.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Ooh. I had NEVER thought for a second that you can MAKE the GS games sappy compatable, Would making GS2 sappy compatable also make GS1 sappy compatable? And once again Charon has amazed me.

Salanewt

Sweet, thanks Charon/Corvidae (which do you prefer to be titled?)!

So, I can make the tracks sappy compatible? I probably have to get them out of the game first though. One thing that I noticed with Superstar Saga, is that some of the other audio effects can be used as instruments (I had one track played entirely by the name "Mario" being sung).

Have a nice day.

Charon

For Sappy 1.6 (the more useful version I use) this is what my sappy.lst file says in /sappy16/data :

****, Unsupported Game, unsupported, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

B3TJ, Tales of the World Narikiri Dungeon 3 (J), sapphire, blank, blank, &H1c834C, 0, 0

AN8E, Wario Land 4 (J), sapphire, blank, blank, &HBE128, 0, 0

AGSE, Golden Sun (U), sapphire, blank, blank, &HFC70C, 0, 0

AGFE, Golden Sun: The Lost Age (U), sapphire, GSTLA, blank, &H1C4530, 0, 0

BPRE, Golden Sun (U), sapphire, blank, blank, &H4A32CC, 0, 0

AOGJ, Super Robot Wars (J), sapphire, blank, blank, &H336330, 0, 0

AWRE, Advance Wars (U), sapphire, advw, advw, &H143DDC, 0, 0

ASOJ, Sonic Advance (J), sapphire, blank, blank, &H6d76b4, 0 ,0

A2NE, Sonic Advance 2 (U), sapphire, blank, blank, &Had4f4c, 0 ,0

AW2E, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (U), sapphire, advw, advw, &H2429CC, 0, 0

AFEJ, Fire Emblem (J), sapphire, blank, blank, &H3994D8, 1, 0

ABSE, Bomberman Tournament (U), sapphire, blank, blank, &H31CB00, 0, 0

AMKE, Mario Kart: Super Circuit (U), sapphire, marokart, mksc2, &H102498, &H2, &H3C

A2CE, Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow (U), sapphire, cv2, cv2, &H27CD38, 0, 0

AXVE, Pokémon Ruby (U), sapphire, sapphire, sapp, &H45548C, &H15E, &H1D2

PKJE, Pokémon Jupiter (U), sapphire, sapphire, sapp, &H45548C, &H15E, &H1D2

BXVE, Pokémon Ruby (B), sapphire, sapphire2, sapp, &H45548C, &H15E, &H1D3

BPEE, Pokémon Emerald (E), sapphire, sapphire, blank, &H6b49f0, 0, 0

BPRE, Pokémon FireRed (U), sapphire, sapphire, sapp, &H4A32CC, 0, 0

AXPJ, Pokémon Sapphire (J), sapphire, sapphire, sapp, &H416ECC, &H15E, &H1D2

AMAJ, Super Mario Advance (J), sapphire, marioadv, marioadv, &HF3F18, 0, 0

AMAE, Super Mario Advance (E), sapphire, marioadv, marioadv, &HF4368, 0, 0

AMZE, Super Mario Advance (U), sapphire, marioadv, marioadv, &HF40D4, 0, 0

A7KE, Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (U), sapphire, kirby, blank, &H60B460, 0, 0

AEPP, Sheep (E), sapphire, blank, blank, &H2083EC, 0, 0

AFFP, Final Fight One (E), sapphire, blank, blank, &HA52F4, &H50, 0

ATLE, Atlantis - The Lost Empire (U), sapphire, blank, blank, &H3b4f80, &H2, 0

ASYE, Spyro - Season of Ice (U), sapphire, blank, blank, &HDB16c, &H2, 0

ASAE, Army Men (U), sapphire, blank, blank, &H3183E0, 1, 0

AMYE, Bomberman Max 2 Red (U), sapphire, blank, blank, &H176974, 1 ,0

ABDE, Boulder Dash EX (U), sapphire, blank, blank, &H1436c0, &H3E, 0

AO4E, Splinter Cell (U), sapphire, blank, blank, &Hb8058, 0, 0

AFZJ, F-Zero Advance (J), sapphire, blank, blank, &H58324, &H0, 0

AAUE, Pokémon Gold (U), pkmngbc, blank, blank, &HE906E, &H0, 0

AAUJ, Pokémon Gold (J), pkmngbc, blank, blank, &HE906E, &H0, 0

AAXE, Pokémon Silver (U), pkmngbc, blank, blank, &HE906E, &H0, 0

AAXJ, Pokémon Silver (J), pkmngbc, blank, blank, &HE906E, &H0, 0

BXTE, Pokémon Crystal (U), pkmngbc, blank, blank, &HE906E, &H0, 0

BXTJ, Pokémon Crystal (J), pkmngbc, blank, blank, &HE906E, &H0, 0

AFEÿ, Fire Emblem, error, Only the Japanese version [AFEJ] of this ROM is supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

AO4ÿ, Splinter Cell, error, Only the US version [AO4E] of this ROM is supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

AFZÿ, F-Zero Advance, error, Only the Japanese version [AFZJ] of this ROM is supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

A2Cÿ, Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow, error, Only the US version [A2Ce] of this ROM is supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

AMKÿ, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, error, Only the US version [AMKE] of this ROM is supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

AWRÿ, Advance Wars, error, Only the US version [AWRE] of this ROM is supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

AXVÿ, Pokémon Ruby, error, Only the US [AXVE] and Japanese [AXVJ] versions of this ROM are supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

AXPÿ, Pokémon Sapphire, error, Only the US [AXPE] and Japanese [AXPJ] versions of this ROM are supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

AMAÿ, Super Mario Advance, error, Only the US [AMZE] European [AMAE] and Japanese [AMAJ] versions of this rom are supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

AMZÿ, Super Mario Advance, error, Only the US [AMZE] European [AMAE] and Japanese [AMAJ] versions of this rom are supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

A7Kÿ, Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, error, Only the US version [A7KE] of this ROM is supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

ABSÿ, Bomberman Tournament / Bomberman Story, error, Only the US version [ABSE] of this ROM is supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

AEPÿ, Sheep, error, Only the European version [AEPP] of this ROM is supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

AFFÿ, Final Fight One, error, Only the European version [AFFP] of this ROM is supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

ATLÿ, Atlantis - The Lost Empire, error, Only the US version [ATLE] of this ROM is supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

ASYÿ, Spyro - Season of Ice, error, Only the US version [ASYE] of this ROM is supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

ASAÿ, Army Men, error, Only the US version [ASAE] of this ROM is supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

AMYÿ, Bomberman Max 2 Red, error, Only the US version [AMYE] of this ROM is supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

ABDÿ, Boulder Dash EX, error, Only the US version [ABDE] of this ROM is supported at this time., blank, 0, 0, 0

ENDFILE

(lol FR is also called Golden Sun: The Lost Age but it will still load).

Put the attached file in the /sappy16/data folder as well. It should play in Sappy.

Basically, if you want to add a new game, you'll need to to copy this into a new line in the file:
[ROM NAME], [ROM TITLE], sapphire, blank, blank, &H[OFFSET TO MUSIC TABLE], 0, 0
The rom name can be checked in VBA by checking it's information. This name also appears on the actual cartridge itself (on Pokemon Ruby, for example, it actually has the letters "AXVE" imprinted on the sticker, along with the country). THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS A "ROM NUMBER" WHICH MAY BE USED IN FINDING A ROM ON A WEBSITE.

The Rom Title is simply the game's title, such as Golden Sun: The Lost Age or Pokemon Ruby Version.

The offset to the music table is the trickiest to find. It's basically a long list of pointers. With some games, the music table's location is well known among those who make programs for the games and may know where it is located. If you're having difficulty finding the pointer, I'll search for it for you :3

If done in this way you'll need to search for the songs one by one. I already wrote the list for TLA so you don't need to search, but other games that you allow to work you'll need to know which actual song number it is in order for it to actually play.

You can also call me whatever you want. :)

Salanewt

Okay, thanks Charon. I tried something like this, but it did not work well. I will give it another shot tonight though.

Have a nice day.

Oh yeah, we located the song bank not too long ago, so I should be fine for making it work (if it will work).

Edit: Oh yeah, could you please tell me how I add a game again (I seem to remember having to add this to a list in a document, except that I can not find the document)?

Edit 2: Found it, but what if there is more than one bank (music and sound effects as separate banks)?

Edit 3: Never mind. This game is not compatible with Sappy, even after adding the data. Oh well, I thank you for your help anyway (though I know 100% that Mario Bros. is compatible).

Charon

You sure you have the right pointer? If the game has midi based music it's going to be compatable with sappy - you may have a bad pointer. What game is it? I'll search for the music table and see if I get it for you, then I'll write the entry for you.

Salanewt

Oh, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (pretty sure that it is not midi based though).

If you want the song bank, I can give you what we have:

0821CB70 - Song bank
0821CC40 - Sound effect bank

I am about 99% sure that you can not find this anywhere else, since we are the first people to try to hack the game (or at least the first successful people).

Thank you for taking a look at this for me.

Have a nice day.

Edit: North American version of the game, forgot to mention before.

Atrius (He/Him)

Like I've said before, the game's music format is simply not Sappy compatible.  I've studied the Sappy format well enough to recognize it, and M&L SSS music is definitely 100% not it.

Also Charon, Sappy format != Midi format.  They have similarities, but are still very different from each other.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Charon

Wait, really? I mean, I knew they weren't the same, but... well, dammit, there goes my arrogance out the window. The sappy format is used in many games however, so still try it out before saying it won't work.