News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Xp Or Vista

Started by charleysdrpepper, 10, July, 2009, 10:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Now for a debate that is not closely related to history like a few of the other topics.

OK, I have Vista, and I am wondering who thinks what is better and why, I have once used XP before, but that's because my grandma has one, and currently it doesn't access the internet (it did once before) due to some problems, probably for the modem.

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Jul 10 2009, 09:57 PM
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

I've got Vista... I'm kinda off and on as far as it's concerned.  I like some things, hate others.

RTGreece21

I like XPs better, but I'm stuck with a vista. The areo options that can be used to make Vistas look cool is awesome, but XPs are way better to use, and when you are the administrator, you don't have to click "run as administrator" in order to do so. Everything was easy to find, to.  :sad: Oh, man, I miss my XP! It crashed right after the vista came into the stores and XPs were taken down, so I cou;d.t just get a new XP... The thing also had a better graphics card for some reason. :Sweat: But that made the thing all the more useful. Oh well...
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Salanewt

I prefer XP... But I did find a funny parody clip about Vista.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enRQzjkLAQs&feature=related

Anyway, I prefer XP because I find it easier to use and it does not always repeat the same questions to me. I am considering getting Windows 7 though.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

RTGreece21

lol Thats a hularious video :!:
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Rolina

Obsolete debate is obsolete.

New debate is:  XP vs 7

Salanewt

I just reread your comment RTS... You can't get another XP? If you go to a computer store (not a big electronics place like Futureshop or anything), you should be able to request XP. In fact, this new computer which was given to me last June has XP installed.

As for Windows 7... I have never used it, but I would like to try it out. Is it any good?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

I'll let you know in a few months.  I'm currently saving for a new compy, now that I've got all my console needs taken care of.

RTGreece21

Quote from: Salanewt on 08, April, 2010, 08:49:19 PM
I just reread your comment RTS... You can't get another XP? If you go to a computer store (not a big electronics place like Futureshop or anything), you should be able to request XP. In fact, this new computer which was given to me last June has XP installed.

As for Windows 7... I have never used it, but I would like to try it out. Is it any good?

Have a nice day.

I would, but I don't have the kind of money to just buy a new computer. I have to wait for this one to crash.

suzumebachi

<--XP. Because I know how to use it. And I heard Vista wasted a lot of memory.

Oh, but my laptop runs on '98. *bricked*

Rolina

Yeah, it does.  That's why I excluded vista from the new XP vs W7 debate.

Atrius (He/Him)

XP vs. Vista is no contest.

As for XP vs. 7, I do very much like the fact that Windows 7 seems to be capable of recovering from driver crashes sometimes whereas XP would either lock up or just immediately BSOD.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

RTGreece21

I don't really know anything about W7, so I won't be able to contribute to this dispute anymore. :sad: Oh well. :Sweat:

Charon

Both are alright, I guess. XP is a bit more dependable though.

MaxiPower

I use Vista and im so used to it now that I personally wouldn't go back to XP. My bro got Windows 7 and I cant see anything that would make me make the switch. I know some things arnt compatible with Vista such as a few of my old PC games but nothing a patch of the internet cant fix... Windows 7 may be faster but meh... nothing major, Its only the tecnho heads that will sniff out all these differences that to the average user is non-existent.

Atrius (He/Him)

My main problem with Vista is mainly that, for no reason I could see, Direct 3D completely stopped working for me at one point, and couldn't be fixed short of reinstalling the entire operating system.  I reinstalled the programs, the video drivers, directX, e.t.c all with no effect.  It was like my computer just decided that my video card wasn't capable of rendering 3D anymore, but when I installed Windows 7 on a separate partition it had no such problems.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Bartvo

XP is a faster OS, but Vista looks better. Windows 7 looks even better than Vista and is as fast or maybe even faster than XP. On the computer I use at home I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64, which is running great.

I wonder what it would be like running Windows 1 on my quad-core computer I have at home, lolz.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Windows 3.1 on a quad core computer? LOL.

Atrius (He/Him)

I don't think it would even be capable of using more than 1 of the cores.

Bartvo

I guess it indeed won't be able to use all 4 of the cores. But even if it uses just 1 core, then it's already gonna be fast. My quad-core is clocked to 3.2 GHz (no OC, because then I start getting BSODs), so even if it uses 1 core, then that core is gonna be on 3.2 GHz.

Btw, I meant Windows 1, not Windows 3.1. Don't say there never was a Windows 1, because there was. Search it up on YouTube. Windows 1 was not available to the public back then, only for the offices etc.

My dad actually once had to use like 15 floppies to install Windows 3.1 on one of the first laptops. But it was really cool @#$% back then.