News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Xp Or Vista

Started by charleysdrpepper, 10, July, 2009, 10:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menaus

Recently there have been problems on the laptop in the house, its running Vista and when Thunderbird is open to look at Email, the mail is gone. I have never seen problems like this on any other computers I have, they are running XP.

I would pick XP over Vista. There are less problems that come around with XP, its is faster, and takes up less space.
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Bartvo

I agree, if the challenge is between XP and Vista, but if you wanna have the performance of XP and the looks and feel of Vista, then take Windows 7, really.

Sajin

Windows 7 has a much better performance than Vista and that is pretty much what matters to me. So: Window 7 > XP > Vista.

Bartvo

I totally agree.

Win7 > XP > Vista.

thenightsshadow

I'll definitely need to upgrade then.
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Rolina

I'll be getting a new compy in a couple months - I'll get it as my OS.  I've grown familiar with Vista's layout, so that should be good.  I've actually been able to avoid most of Vista's problems - well, save it being a memory hog.

How bad is Win7 on the system's resources?

Salanewt

Ooh, maybe I should get Windows 7... Of course, that would mean that I have to save all of my stuff on discs, and then reinstall everything, which would take too much time.

I suppose I can find out later then.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

SSBMX

Vista
XP is outdated and it is overrated

feraljack1200

XP by far. :happy: I have a tablet pc. it has windows XP tablet PC. IT IS EPIC!!!
I like Ivan lots! :Ivan: :Ivan: My favorite character is Ivan!

dwkjohn

ok... 1. check the last post. 2010 2. emote spam = bad! that's just insanity. if role were here to see this. she would like reaach through the internet and strangle u. just go read the rules and pay attention to dates. and knock off the emotes. if u wanna do that, do that in ur signature. but not thay many.
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Knight of Purgatory

Ooooh.... Busted, FeralJack!
Edit: I like both and i''ve used both for a long time
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

feraljack1200

Quote from: dwkjohn on 27, August, 2011, 07:49:53 AM
ok... 1. check the last post. 2010 2. emote spam = bad! that's just insanity. if role were here to see this. she would like reaach through the internet and strangle u. just go read the rules and pay attention to dates. and knock off the emotes. if u wanna do that, do that in ur signature. but not thay many.
OK! i just got rid of emotes. it should be good now
I like Ivan lots! :Ivan: :Ivan: My favorite character is Ivan!