News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Newly Discovered Debug Menus

Started by Atrius, 07, July, 2009, 10:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

hmm. ok let's see if I can create a beginner's guide (This will take some time, really), It's probably best if I post a new topic here in this forum, because this seems off-topic... so wait til it's done, unless I change my mind, which may be unlikely.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

RULER

BTW, i found something, going backwards from venus lighthouse on the list, will land you some pretty interesting things.

for example, one of them is "mount aleph summit", in wich you are in a full world map, but you cant go into anything, with some different music playing (alex on the summit scene music?)

While only having Jenna, I went to the Jupiter lighthouse, after the scene of the beacon being lit and the fights you don't have to win on, I find Sheba is now an active party member.

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Jul 11 2009, 01:16 AM
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Did you know if you go to Shop Test 99, with only Jenna,  ISAAC'S crew joins your party (Isaac, Garet, Ivan, and Mia), too bad it doesn't happen with 98.

Also on Idejima 4, (should work if you have only Jenna), when you leave, Jenna appears, umm well... and the screen scrolls up, weird, even if you talk to her invisible self before you leave, once she joins your party, your screen scrolls up.... You can also get Sheba with just Jenna.

and Idejima 12, you can get Felix to go by himself, BUT ONLY IF you select it a second time, after they already joined your party the first time.

Never thought you'd travel alone like me Felix.

Useless Facts:
At DJ_DKN01 - Dehkan Plateau 17 - 99, Jenna falls and hits the ground, unlike the 11-16. (Like you were interested in knowing what Jenna looks like while she falls?)

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Jul 11 2009, 02:46 PM

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Zach

Nice find Charley.

You know if you view the epilogue and save it, you'll get all your party members (except for Isaac) at their default levels. The downside is that you cannot play with them (since it's a clear file data) unless you're in Battle Arena <.<

Salanewt

Yeah, I also did this. It also works if you go to the end, when you would normally only have Felix and Isaac in Prox. It becomes Jenna and Isaac. Also, you can get Piers by doing this as well. The Icon test room, from 96-99, should change to the Face test room. If you are controlling Jenna, then it looks like there is a person missing between Sheba and Mia. Also, If you speak to Garet, he says his name, ans Isaac says "Ivan". Yet if you talk to Isaac by him self, he says his name, not Ivan. Ivan says his name, Sheba says Piers, Piers says Alex (huh!?), Alex says Alex (two of of them), and   Says Weapons Supply (I think). I might have uploaded a video on Youtube, I am not sure.

Have a nice day.
:MercuryDjinni:  :MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Salanewt

Okay, I just found something odd. If you change FD20F7FF to become FD30F7FF, then you can do minor things with a different debug menu. If you try to do anything else after that, then the game crashes. You can see the item icons, and when this 'menu' first appears, it says (as the location) something about being cursed.

FD21F7FF brings up a menu very similar to the regular debug menu, except that it crashes before giving you the ability to teleport.

EDIT: You are doing well Charley. Anyway, for those of you who want to know, the data for the menu to come up is F7EC2101.

Changing FD20F7FF to FABEF7F5 and inserting it when expecting the debug menu does something very strange. You will have to see for yourself, but it is messed up (I think it crashes, but it looks odd (4 Isaacs on a team)).

EDIT 2: Oh darn... I think I found something that deletes the game... I might have erased my game file...

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jul 13 2009, 08:50 PM

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

QuoteChanging FD20F7FF to FABEF7F5 and inserting it when expecting the debug menu does something very strange. You will have to see for yourself, but it is messed up (I think it crashes, but it looks odd (4 Isaacs on a team)).

That's a messed up version of the Save Menu, and everything is white. It's buggy, and yes I see the four Isaacs.

Wow, what is with code:

FABEF7F6

no menus open, but it's like you can move your cursor (i don't see one?), and it's weird how the sprites change. (press A) Edit: This is also very buggy.

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Jul 13 2009, 09:25 PM

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Salanewt

Oh, you know how in Golden Sun 1, there is the room with the large statue, a statue of Venus Lighthouse, and several circles that are supposed to light up? Well, apparently, they can light up. I will upload a video for you to watch (not much happens in it).

Edit: Sorry, I can not. The video is over 14 minutes...

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jul 13 2009, 09:25 PM

Atrius (He/Him)

That value is a bit of Assembly code, tweaking it without knowing exactly what you're doing can cause any number of strange glitches to occur.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

I had a feeling about that. Maybe I can find as many odd glitches as I can...

Have a nice day.

Camelot forgot to remove some things from the game, including Venus Lighthouse... I will upload a video with my findings.

Have a nice day.

Instead of just replying back to the person, I'm going to post this here in hopes that it might be more useful. I'm not sure why he replied to me when he could have replied to Atrius who knows remarkably a lot more about this game then I do.

Quote from: golden master on 27, December, 2009, 03:57:42 AM
hi

I do not know how to debug menu you can get me how you get empty

golden master  :Isaac: :Felix: :VenusSet: :VenusDjinni:

Huh? Are you using an emulator and rom?

An Emulator which has a memory viewer like VisualBoyAdvance, which most of us use.
A Rom of Golden Sun: The Lost Age which we cannot provide a link to?

Quotehow you get empty

I didn't understand this part.

Reason for edit: I wanted to use the word "remarkably" instead.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Menaus

I have found that the numbers under the area selection,(World Map, Venus Lighthouse, etc,) is the selection for where Felix shows up, for example if you go to ANEMOS06, and then select 5, you will show up in Dullahans room. If you select 1 than your show up at the middle entrance to the Anemos inner sanctum.
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Atrius (He/Him)

Precisely, the game uses it in the code for rooms to determine which door you entered through.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Privjet

Haha damn funny feature, I'm currently mapping every flag in the game :P

Aile~♥

So that's what you do in your spare time...
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Clara Vita (she/her/hers)

purge
Anemos Alchemist -> Spirit of the Dawn -> Lord Claros Flamestrike -> Clara Vitalia -> Clara Vita

Can you find the point at which I came out as trans? lmfao

Privjet

Was waiting for dinner, got a crazy idea and it worked :) I changed the hex to something else then the hex Atrius gave us found some random menues and bugs

0x0804E130 to 0xFF1AFBF1 //Shows underground in Kandorean temple (main hall)
0x0804E130 to 0xFF1AF0F1 //Inverts colors
0x0804E130 to 0xff1af7f6 //Removes head on felix

0x0804E130 to 0xff1af7f9 //Item page, corrupted
0x0804E130 to 0xff14f7f9 //Item page, corrupted
0x0804E130 to 0xff94f7f9 //Item page, corrupted
0x0804E130 to 0xff14f7fF //Status page, corrupted
0x0804E130 to 0xFF1AF7F1 //Status page, corrupted

Atrius (He/Him)

The hex is actually a command to jump to a specific location in the game's code, of course if you tell it to jump to somewhere random it will cause weird things to happen.  Specifically for your item/status page corrupted codes you're jumping into the middle of the functions for them instead of starting at the beginning so everything doesn't get initialized properly.

QuoteOn a separate note, couldn't you use this to make teleportation codes for, say, CodeBreaker/GameShark/Action Replay?  That's how the sprite swapping codes worked, right?  (I don't know if you guys knew/heard/saw, but there are, apparently, codes for CodeBreaker that allowed a guy to swap all the emotes, objects, and characters on a map with Mia.  It was creepy when the statue at the start of the game BLINKED...)  If it is possible, you should do it!  BECOME MORE FAMOUS!!!  >=D

I actually used to have a list of VBA codes I'd made to jump to specific locations in the game at one point, I'm not sure where that ended up.  It was before I'd found out about the debug menu though.  I've also heard about that code that replaces everything with Mia, as I recall he edited the algorithm that creates NPC's to use a specific value instead of the one loaded for it in memory.

Salanewt

So, a menu is primarily accessed by a function, right? Are there functions for other menus in the game, perhaps even one or two beta menus?

Have a nice day.