News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Newly Discovered Debug Menus

Started by Atrius, 07, July, 2009, 10:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkmn-Master

This palette editing is a dream come true.  :heart:

Atrius (He/Him)

I doubt it, it's just a debug menu.  There's no way to save the changes in game, and they'll revert as soon as you go to a different area.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Pkmn-Master

It's a great time waster when you're bored.

Taopo Swamp Before and After.

ChrisButton

The grass looks way more lively! But the tree was kinda dulled..  :sad:
Sweet job though!

Griever

WOW ... nice job there, hopefully we will be able to do the same with the editor in future versions ><

Crystal Sonata

Quote from: Atrius on 05, January, 2011, 06:13:38 PM
If you're using VBA you can just put in the code 03001238:01 to activate debug mode, and gain access to the menus.

Debug mode features:
- Hold L = Walk through anything
- L+Start = Palette Menu
- B+Start = Warp Menu
- B+Select = Flag Menu
- Start+Select = Pause Game

It also adds more options to the start menu that don't actually do anything.
Yes im using VBA and i understand that, but what im saying is i SUCK at hex editing. i dont know how to change anything at all in the hex code.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Atrius (He/Him)

It's not hex code, it's a cheat code.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Crystal Sonata

Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

GSeriesFan

I cant add the cheat code... i post the 03001238 in the adress and 01 in the value and put some random letters in the description, i press OK and nothing happens...

Salanewt

Which version of the game do you have? That address will likely be different between different regional versions, and I am not sure if it will work for versions other than (NA)/(U).
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

GSeriesFan

forget it i was trying the code in gs1, i tried to apply it on gs2 and it worked fine, it would be nice if gs1 had 1 warp menu too though.

Edit: btw is there a cheat code, memory viewer editing,etc way to walk through anything for gs1? i really need it cuz i messed up my rom rom while editing it, i need it to go back to Bilibin to to some editing there, i m at Altin now and i cant go back through Mogall Forest now...

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Quotebtw is there a cheat code, memory viewer editing,etc way to walk through anything for gs1?
Yes, it is identical to the GS2 debug mode... except for what you see on the Pause menu.

GS1: 03001F54:01
GS2: 03001238:01

I did post this earlier in this topic, in case you missed it. Anyway, enjoy.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

I have found something highly of interest!!!

Change the value at 0x0x0804E130 to 0xFEACF7DF, and go to the Settings option in the Pause menu.
Function Call to 0802DE8C.

When you go here. The Debug Mode will be enabled. (It does 03001238:02)

Here, I see a blue background, with 8 Isaac's in a circle. You can turn the sprites in a circle, move them around, mess with palettes. (Not so specifically, though.)

Start+arrow keys; arrow keys.. etc.

One problem.. How do I get out of this?

Edit again: Oh yeah, you can go through the sprites too.

-- Now I shall list the controls.

Start + Arrow Keys = Pan sprites
Arrow Keys = Select from a 4x4 menu.
Start = Shadow On/Off
L/R/A = These navigate through certain things depending on where you are on the 4x4 menu. (You can change palette, sprite, animation, a sprite on/under current sprite, etc.)
B = Change Background (8 color choices: Blue, Green, Red, Darker Gray, Lighter Gray, White, Maroon?, Black)

Start+B = Rotate sprites clockwise.

---

GS1: 0802953A: F7E8 FFED
Function Call to 08012518
Differences:
-The background is green and cannot be changed. (Atleast not with B.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Sorry for triple posting, but it has been a few months and I have found something else!

0200006D:20 (Flag 16D)= This flag should be on, and in battle during the attack sequence. You can press R to make all your enemies die! (Even if you defended with all your PCs.)

Do that with Select pressed and it will kill your own party.

And yes, the debug mode needs to be on.

Edit: This is GS2.

---

0804E130:FE1EF7F2

Function Call to: 08040D70

Check Settings menu. 5 options which seem to do nothing.

---
EDIT:

Flag 163 - Disables battle encounters, warps, etc. (You cannot climb up vines, move pillars, etc.) You get free-movement on the world map (Navigating over mountains and oceans.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Updates:

Salanewt found out in battle, that Holding Start while going to the Status menu will show enemy stats. (But the Debug mode must be on.)

--
0804E130:FC8AF7F2

^Go to the Settings menu, and you will find a menu to do with music/sound.  This is probably the menu that matches up with "Sound test" in the menu that does nothing.

A button = Play
B button = Exit menu
L/R = Increments/decrements by 10.
Start = Stop

--
0804E130:FFE2F7F2

^9 special warps. These may, depending on the warp, give you items, set/clear flags, set psy shortcut for R button, etc.

--
0804E130:F90EF7F3 (English version)
0804E330:F8A0F7F3 (Japan version)

^Utility menu!
L and R buttons can be used to set Psynergy Shortcuts.
Felix's party all get 500/500 for PP, but Isaac's party is left out.

--
About the Full PP and Money menu thing..
Quote0804E130:FE1EF7F2

Function Call to: 08040D70

Check Settings menu. 5 options which seem to do nothing.
The fifth option is selected when you first come to the menu because of the argument to the function. (Normally, it should be 0, but in this example, for where we are using it, and how we didn't manually set an arg, -1 converts to the last item.) ; Also, the function returns the selected item, so there was likely another function that deals with the resulting action. (Much like how the Pause menu works.) It's possible that function may have been deleted during development, but I have no idea.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Salanewt

Nice finds! Here's a tiny one for you as well:

Debug room "Test 2" seems to have been made for Cyclone testing; entering the room and then using the utility will always make it create leaves, and you can repeat the utility to repeat the leaf animation. Only thing is that it doesn't work if you walk too far away from the entrance, but that is hardly a downside. This makes me thing that some of the other "Test #" rooms might deal with other utility spells or something.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?