News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Feedback for the forums?

Started by Rolina, 01, December, 2008, 05:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Well go look at all these old single-digit accounts and tell me - how many of them have been active within the last half a year?  De-verifying them is one thing... but they'll still be there, so it doesn't solve the problem of having members show up on the memberlist who are arguably no longer members.  And it's a solid half the members we have.

Charon

I mean the buttons so I don't have to download them all one at a time, and so we can upload them as a package. Saves like 30 minutes of time lol

Rolina

The buttons? *scrolls up* ...where did I?

...Is this the right topic?

Charon

Aw come on, please don't tell me that
Quote from: Role on 20, September, 2011, 11:52:47 PM

:!: :idea: :happy: :heart: :um: :up: :up1: :VenusStar: :MarsStar: :NeutralStar: :Unknown:
:?: :sad: :fury: :irate: :Sweat: :down: :down1: :MercuryStar: :JupiterStar: [more]
isn't what you're talking about.

Sorry if I wasn't clearer before, word choice was never my thing. But there, that's what I meant.

Rolina

But... but... most of those are already emotes!  Only the djinn and saturn bullets aren't...  Ah, to hell with it, I'll do it anyways.  I'll even throw in a bonus Dark Dawn bullet set for kicks.

Rolina

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 25, September, 2011, 11:16:23 AM
Aw come on, please don't tell me that
Quote from: Role on 20, September, 2011, 11:52:47 PM
*snip*
isn't what you're talking about.

Sorry if I wasn't clearer before, word choice was never my thing. But there, that's what I meant.
Well, I just had to stop a newer member from using the emotes to refer to characters, so you may want to look back at this the second you get the chance - this is by and far one of the easiest ways I can think of to get rid of most emote spam, since it tends to be of that variety.

Rolina

Nah, you can blame Dark Dawn for that load of BS.  In order to notate Sol and Luna properly, beit for story reasons or whatever, we needed to make bullets for them.  A green bullet I had made earlier for the ToK - they use Green instead of brown for Venus.  Since I had already made it, it became a "eh, why not".  Thus, the full set.

What you want to do with it is up to you.  However, do realize that the site's goal is NOT DCrisis - that is but the largest collaborative project we have.  The site is about the editor, not that one particular hack.

Rolina

Get the game.  While it's the worst of the series, it still has things introduced in it we probably have to acknowledge - such as Jupiter being the second best healing ailment, when before people argued whether it was the worst or second worst before hand.  These are things that will be referenced that you'll need to know about.

Rolina

There's your problem.  DSes aren't very expensive now, and the 3DS is down to what, maybe 170 after tax?  Christmas is coming up.  Ask Santa.

Rolina

Out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed the Emotes acting up when you go to post?  As in, they get all mixed up with each other and the other icons?  I've been having to refresh my browser several times to get them to act properly.  I'm not sure if this is something on my end or if there's something odd going on with the site itself.  Is anyone else getting this issue?

Rolina

Just an update - the above problem may have more to do with SMF than it does the forums.  I've noticed it acts up on any site which uses SMF.  Just reload until it's fixed, I guess.

Pkmn-Master

I think we should get an IRC server.
Scrap that Cbox on the bottom (that I originally suggested, hahaha), and upgrade to IRC.
It would make the forums more active (more posts, threads, etc.) and possibly make this place look neater.

Rolina

Hun, we did have an IRC channel.  We upgraded to skype already, though.

Misery

Hmm. I wouldn't consider going from IRC to skype to be an upgrade, but oh well...

Rolina

Considering it can do most of what IRC can do (even the /me command), plus has stuff like voice chat, and is far more common in use...

Kain

GSHC doesn't have an official Skype channel but most of the members here use Skype so it's not like it's hard to get in contact with anyone.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

If you want my personal opinion, I think we should keep the chatbox at the bottom.

@IRC: Unless I'm mistaken, the times when I've experimented with IRC, I've concluded that you couldn't have an archive for later viewing. D=

@Skype: I admit it is a nice messenger, but I usually don't like to keep it open because of unnecessary CPU usage/memory for what it is worth.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

There are like 17 topics in the Debates forum at the moment. 5 of them were from me, 5 of them were from Salanewt....
There are like 14 topics in the Voting Polls forum at the moment. 7 of them were from me.

I was wondering, is it worth actually having these sub-forums? Or should we delete them and move the topics to Open Discussion? (Why did we have these forums if there were never going to be many topics?)

Thanks. (Not requesting that this should be done, specifically... but just asking what people think...)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Wolf

+1 vote for keeping them.

Helps keep the place organized.

Are you sure that they are "organized" though? Have you checked to see if some Debate topics and Voting Poll topics are already in Open Discussion/other forums? ; For example, if any "vs." was a debate.. "Fooling around, vs. having a mission" would be one. (It's in Open Discussion, but it may or may not apply to Debates?) ; Zman's topic called Immovable object [vs] unstoppable object sounds more relevant to Debates...

Debate = discussion with opposing viewpoints. ; (I remember my Languages topic used to be in Debates, but got moved by Role/Charon... and following the definition along with my implication, I'm thinking it probably  should not have been moved. - It was about what the best second language was for the general public, which is DEFINITELY debatable. )

For organizing the forum, I think it may be better to find a better name besides Debates (and the like) where more topics are more likely to fit into them. From what I can tell... These two forums don't have a whole lot of use to the Community? (Or do they?) ... And then I come along trying to help populate those forums a little, but they don't go anywhere.

Some random examples:
Theories = Topics like The End Is Near, Thoughts on what we are made of..., Your views on life ... This can also include Mythology?

Now that I think about it, are Debates and Theories similar? - Should we just add Theoretical topics to the Debates forum and forget about getting rid of that forum?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden