News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Feedback for the forums?

Started by Rolina, 01, December, 2008, 05:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: weckar on 10, February, 2009, 06:36:00 PMFor a Jupiter-based theme, is there nothing you can do around the Reveal colour scheme?
Black & White?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

weckar

There's an odd colour to it... But I do play my GBA on alternate colour settings... for me it's a bit pale blues, whites and purples.

Charon

Quote from: weckar on 10, February, 2009, 06:36:00 PMI always like to draw some of the more background characters (King Hydros and the like, with Eoleo as my favourite)

For a Jupiter-based theme, is there nothing you can do around the Reveal colour scheme?
Hmm... reveal... I don't really know. I'm not much of a webmisteress, but maybe I can think of something.

Maybe a black backround, and a little reveal bubble for the banner?

Nicktallica

A good idea for a Generic theme would be a Golden Sun menu-style.. Like how the menus in Golden Sun are.

I don't think I'm explaining enough. I'll post later about what I mean unless you can understand. xD

Atrius (He/Him)

The same style as the interface for the editor too basically.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Hmm, I think that if you're going to do a Chibi version, you should do a non-chibi version as well... Not everyone likes chibi, after all.

Good work so far... too bad you can't go in and customize things individually, though.  That'd be kinda fun to do...

Anywho, I look forward to your official release of the skin.  And your eventual adding of Feizhi to it.  Because you know I won't leave you alone until you do.

Charon

Well, I'll post little things here and there as I get the pictures up.

And I'll do a non chibi version as soon as I'm done with this one =D

For example, the reveal themed banner:

And even though it's not very creative on my part...

And be patient, I'll find a way to put Feheizi somewhere. SOMEWHERE...

Atrius (He/Him)

Hmm... I don't think we can have multiple themes.  I do like the idea of the theme being Jupiter though, since out of all the elements, their abilities most remind of hacking.

That's rather tall for a banner, Charon.  I'm thinking it should probably be 200 pixels high maximum.

Matrim

you should be able to add other themes. I'd imagine it would be under somthing like skins.

Atrius (He/Him)

I can change the theme, but I can't add more.

Charon

Quote from: Atrius on 11, February, 2009, 11:51:00 AMThat's rather tall for a banner, Charon.  I'm thinking it should probably be 200 pixels high maximum.
Whoops. As I said, I suck at webmastering, so I'll fix that.

Just a simple resize... and... VOILA!

Now it's 200 pixels high. eep I hate my Hamma...

And I was thinking, although I have nothing against a Jupiter theme (obviously), couldn't we have a different element for, lets say, each 3 months? We don't have to go with the seasons, but we could design a new theme every 3 months to keep things interesting.

Thoughts on Feheizi - maybe a birthday Icon will work with her...

Matrim

we could do that. atrius would just have to change the default forum scheme every 3 months.

Rolina

Hmm... If you could find a way to make it wider, that'd be good, too.  It'd need to be something that'd fit across the length of the screen, and your siggy's longer than what you've done.

Oh, by the way... What Resolution should we plan for?

I'm 1600x1200, but most people haven't started using that high resolution yet...  800x600 isn't used much anymore, and 1024x768 is starting to go out of style for larger resolutions as well...

Your thoughts?

Charon

I think I use 1440x960...

Er, I'll fix that. God damn it... What exact size would you like?

And I'll be working on the Feheizi button soon...

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Role on 12, February, 2009, 01:20:00 AM...1024x768 is starting to go out of style for larger resolutions as well...
I still use 1024x768.

Nicktallica

I also use 1024x768.

EDIT: I lied. I use 1280x1024.
(Well, I actually use both, one for when I go to my dad's house and one for here.

Charon

So do you want me to make the banner a generic 200x1024? Because I'm sick of doing these stupid trial and error attempts... >_<

Atrius (He/Him)

1024 would be too wide.

I'd go with something between 500-800

Charon

Alright then. I'm going with 200x700. Any objections? Because I'm redoing it after school today.

Rolina

How is 1024 TOO WIDE?!

NOBODY, not even LAPTOP users use 600x800!  It became obsolete years ago!  What's more, everyone's starting to move to hi-def...