Golden Sun Hacking Community
December 14, 2017, 10:22:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon Jupiter Version  (Read 27112 times)
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

Coins: 11

Emblems: GBA Music Expert
Clan Position: Trickster Goddess of Luna

« on: February 12, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »

Anyways, by the totally unexpected spark of interest of Pokemon Jupiter Version here, I decided to post a link. BTW, this is the exact same post I'm posting on Pokecommunity (with the exception of this introduction), so if they don't accept it, they are officially crazy. I also removed Screenshots and the support picture, but if you really want it, just ask.

Pokemon Jupiter Version

Welcome to the world of Sunen!

(Okay, let's see if I can get this right this time... I didn't realize that maps were so heavily weighted over here =P)

Introduction:
Pok
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 11:21:00 AM »

You FAIL!  I'm a girl, so I always choose the girl trainer!  So what about us girls?  I mean, yeah, Ivan is cute and all, but deep down, I'd love to play as Sheba, Hamma, or Feizhi.  Hell, Feizhi gets no love anyways, so just give her the spot!

View Profile WWW
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 06:21:00 PM »

Actually, I did it because I wanted to use the girl sprites in different wild Pokemon events, so I wasn't using up other sprites.

Also, it's easier to make events without having to deal with Checkgender all the time.

Sorry, I put Hamma in there (actually, there are two - one's an NPC and the other is a hidden Pokemon lol). Sheba's a gym leader. I'll put Feheizi in there as well. But the problem is with her is like Hamma, she has absolutely no art.

Oh yes, the rom has one little error in it - I forgot to add a warp from Seaside to Route 309, so I'll get up a fixed patch by around 3-5 ish PM eastern time. In the meantime, transfer save files from Ruby to Jupiter to get past that part.
View Profile
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

Coins: 1

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 06:25:00 PM »

Well the game is based around Ivan is it not and Sheba is a gym leader soooo.. it wouldnt be fair not to have a main GS character as the protagonist

and btw you refer to the daleks charon... are they big in America or am i regarding the wrong things

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/s2_.../800/daleks.jpg
View Profile
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 06:29:00 PM »

Oh, I'm a fan of Doctor Who. They are my favorite bad guys.

Actually, the storyline is barely even programmed, so it's a bit funky.

Another reason why you can't play as a female character is that I would have to replace Sheba with Ivan based on your gender, and that would be quite painful, considering in Jupiter Ivan is associated with the Electric type (actually, psychic/electric) and Sheba is associated with the Flying type.

And besides, I'm an insane fan of Ivan, and it's my hack, so nyeh.

Lol, I can be so immature.

Anyways, I'M GETTING A FIXED VERSION OF THE BETA UP SOON BECAUSE THERE'S A VERY SMALL SCRIPTING ERROR THAT DOESN'T ALLOW YOU TO GET PAST SEASIDE.
View Profile
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »

lol i love the Daleks, well the old movies of doctor who, the ones that cant go up stairs...

they can fly and everything now lol
View Profile
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »

This one worked on my flash cartridge with no problems at all.  I'll try to get some photos of it running on my GBA like I said I would, but it's really hard to get good enough lighting so they don't turn out crappy.

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 10:23:00 PM »

UGH. Turns out that half the maps under bank 24 refuse to work. I'm fixing all of them. I have to go and add row of tiles to each to repoint, because AM is being a jerk...

Nice to see you guys aren't having too many issues. I hope you guys like the music work and the new tilesets.
View Profile
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »

This one worked on my flash cartridge with no problems at all.  I'll try to get some photos of it running on my GBA like I said I would, but it's really hard to get good enough lighting so they don't turn out crappy.
I,ll test it on my PSP via homebrew  it will work like but it will be cool to play it portable  
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 12:29:00 AM »

Oh, I'm a fan of Doctor Who. They are my favorite bad guys.

Actually, the storyline is barely even programmed, so it's a bit funky.

Another reason why you can't play as a female character is that I would have to replace Sheba with Ivan based on your gender, and that would be quite painful, considering in Jupiter Ivan is associated with the Electric type (actually, psychic/electric) and Sheba is associated with the Flying type.

And besides, I'm an insane fan of Ivan, and it's my hack, so nyeh.

Lol, I can be so immature.

Anyways, I'M GETTING A FIXED VERSION OF THE BETA UP SOON BECAUSE THERE'S A VERY SMALL SCRIPTING ERROR THAT DOESN'T ALLOW YOU TO GET PAST SEASIDE.
Even though they're the same class?  Meh, oh well.  But still, eventually you need to make an upgrade that includes it.  I may whine about it a little, but would still enjoy the game nonetheless.  But you never know when you'll get some crazy wench who thinks you're just being sexist...

Then again, that just makes the ripe for counter-trolling...

Meh, anywho, I still look forward to what you put out.

(I'd have thought that the lack of detailed art for Fehzhi would mean you've got more freedom with your art?)

View Profile WWW
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 01:42:00 AM »

Well, you know ^.^

Thanks Atrius. When I make a website, those will prove useful. I'm going to see if I can convince my parents to buy one of those little things...

FIXED VERSION:

@Role - I'm thinking about doing alternative versions of Jupiter. Now that you bring it up, making a female version is not that bad of an idea. I was originally thinking about just doing alternative versions based on the other elements (which is a little odd considering you'll still have telepathy, but WHAT THE HECK). Expect a Sheba version in several months time, and maybe if you're lucky, a Feheizi version too.

The reason why each character has a type associated with it is that I wanted to have different type gym leaders. For example, Garet and Jenna are both Mars adepts, but in Jupiter, Garet specializes in Fighting Types (which I considered like fire because of a fiery fighting spirit, and of course, Pokemon like Blaziken and Infernape), while Jenna uses Fire Types. I chose Flying for Sheba because she seems more like an elegant "wind" trainer, while Ivan more of a psychic trainer, even though they share the same psynergies.

Another reason is the hidden Pokemon are Easter Egg Pokemon based off of the characters, in which their types are as follows (actually, only 4 are in the beta 5.5 release; more will be in the next release):
Isaac - Ground
Garet - Fire/Fighting
Ivan - Psychic/Electric (Which is kind of lol considering you're playing as Ivan)
Mia - Ice (Hmm... I might add a water element to her as well...)
Felix - Ground/Grass
Jenna - Fire
Sheba - Flying (even though she can't learn fly)
Picard - Water
Hamma - Psychic (another oddity of Jupiter - Go! Older Sister!)
Alex - Water (I don't know if I should pair him with dark as well)
Stick - Normal (my friend suggested this one.)

If I put the following in, they'd probably be the following types:
Wise One - Rock/Psychic
Feheizi - Psychic (zomfg!)
Proxians - Fire/Dark (maybe, but I'm a little worried about having a ton of fire easter eggs...)

And let me tell you right now, Hamma is so freaking badass. Although it was pretty funny first time I battled her - no kidding, she used Future Sight 3 times in a row the first 3 turns.

Hmmm... personally I always prefered Hamma over Feheizi, mainly because Hamma was always so cool and collected, and Feheizi just seemed kind of... annoying to me. Hamma's also one of the  very few characters I find beautiful. So w00t there.

To everyone: This beta should be good for now. I tested all the maps under bank 24, they're all working. Be careful when entering some houses, though... Some of them you can't get out of because it screws up the map footer.
View Profile
Zach
That guy that lives down the street
Mercury Clan

You ain't worth the time

Coins: 0

I am: Not sure about what to do with myself <.<

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 03:48:00 AM »

that's weird. when i patched it, it still came out as Pokemon Ruby   . That's never happened before o_O. I used IPSWin if that helps o_O
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 12:33:00 PM »

I chose Flying for Sheba because she seems more like an elegant "wind" trainer, while Ivan more of a psychic trainer, even though they share the same psynergies.

Don't forget how she 'flew' down from the sky! XD

You should put a crater outside the town she's in just for lulz...

Also, for the Proxians, that's EASY.  They trade places with Team Magma as the antagonists.  Heck, team Rocket was all Poison and Ground types, Aqua was all water, and Magma was all fire.  The only team I didn't notice a general type that they stuck to was the new one, Galactic.

Oh, and about the Feizhi thing with me... Hamma's considered more of a Secondary character in the series, but Feizhi (like Maha and several others) is more of a tertiary character... and those get no love!  Everyone focuses and all sorts of fanarts and stuffs on the main and secondary characters, so I get really happy when I see things on the other ones. ^-^;

View Profile WWW
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 02:57:00 PM »

that's weird. when i patched it, it still came out as Pokemon Ruby   . That's never happened before o_O. I used IPSWin if that helps o_O
I tested it, I patched it correctly. Use LIPS to patch it. If it doesn't work, it's the rom.

@ Role: I should put a giant crater there. But it isn't Laverio (evil spelling errors!).
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 01:23:00 AM »

Well, I meant it as a joke, anyways.  I just have grudge against Felix and Sheba for being sprite swaps (although, Sheba less so than Felix, as she's got a different equip type).

View Profile WWW
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 09:19:38 PM
Fox: Okay, so that Summon Night games adds the fram number to the seed, before generating another seed via mul/add....  (GS1-GS3 never adds the fram number.) ... So um, that makes sense! ;  Summon Night:  ((seed + frame) * 0x343FD + 0x269E3C) >> 0x10 ; Which is also on the list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_congruential_generator
December 12, 2017, 11:10:45 PM
Fox: Yes, and there could be contests. Maybe ones where 1st/2nd/3rd place get a cash reward, but eh. Dunno.... Kind of thinking about making a topic about how people got their job, and what was their experience. (e.g. Did they use references of people already working in the job, and various other things.)
December 09, 2017, 04:24:14 AM
Majora: Import old forum posts for reference, perhaps take posts containing important info like documentation away from the old stickied forum post model and make them into their own pages on a site with an in-built search bar. Might help with SEO, too. If nothing else, perhaps whipping them into PDFs and hosting them via Scribd? The possibilities are boundless when it comes to restructuring a site
December 09, 2017, 04:20:02 AM
Majora: Just a nice idea to have even if it doesn't come to fruition. Updating, modernizing, always a good idea. Could probably do something pretty nifty using a good Wordpress theme
December 09, 2017, 04:15:45 AM
Majora: Would be kind of neat to do something like that for GSHC. Could change it up a bit to show all tweets/instagram posts/facebook posts/golden sun subreddit posts all in one sidebar. It would be cool in that it gives the site it's on (and the topic in general) appear more lively and active, which is a plus
December 09, 2017, 04:14:19 AM
Majora: That does sound interesting. One cool thing I've seen some sites use is a sort of unique take on a sidebar option that acts like a social media integration (like, "See GSHC's latest Tweets"). It displays activity from a variety of related sites, such as Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
December 09, 2017, 12:58:53 AM
Fox: And the way it'd work via code is not that all users would instantly get nicknames the minute you register... but rather, the moment you view a name if it doesn't have a nickname, it gets one. (My Thoughts.)
December 09, 2017, 12:53:55 AM
Fox: (I was thinking that it would be "Name (Nickname)" ... The nickname is what you first known the user as, and you can change that yourself... and the Name is what the user wants to be called... Something like that.
December 09, 2017, 12:47:56 AM
Fox: So like... for starters, one idea I had was to make it so anyone can name anyone... much like how it works on Skype, and you (the namer) would be the only one to see it, and such...
December 09, 2017, 12:45:02 AM
Fox: Would need to be carefully thought out and tested, though.
December 09, 2017, 12:43:02 AM
Fox: I'm thinking I could make it so that name changes can happen whenever... (Without any limit)... Since I believe there's a way to do it with minimum confusion. (I think.) Hmm....
December 09, 2017, 12:31:36 AM
Fox: (I mean an offline version... at least initially.)
December 09, 2017, 12:25:01 AM
Fox: Now that I have thought about it a bit more, would I be right to assume that GSHC would be one of the most interesting websites to administrate, or no? It's sad to see not much going on with it. == I almost want to make a concept website at some point. :D Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
December 06, 2017, 12:12:59 AM
Fox: Like... Start using Github or something... Do like how many of those other projects such as Citra (WIP 3DS Emulator) does. Etc.
December 06, 2017, 12:08:12 AM
Fox: No idea. I just wish OpenGoldenSun would release it as unfinished, but oh well.
December 05, 2017, 06:52:09 AM
MaxiPower: Bummed out that the open golden sun project is dead it seems with no actitivy in close to a year at this point. Is there any hope left in any other projects?
November 27, 2017, 10:25:28 AM
Fox: (When I say research, mainly refering to the data in the game, though checking websites can count to a degree.)
November 27, 2017, 09:52:27 AM
Fox: Maybe. But Dark Dawn is meh, hahah... I still research it, though, because data can be interesting.
November 27, 2017, 05:28:36 AM
Portakin: I'm here! This game is underrated!
November 25, 2017, 08:03:23 PM
Fox: .... and the email listed in that post makes me think we should just make a new rules topic with most of the same information. (So the old ones can be sort o archived.)

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise