Golden Sun Hacking Community
December 15, 2017, 09:50:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon Jupiter Version  (Read 27125 times)
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

Coins: 11

Emblems: GBA Music Expert
Clan Position: Trickster Goddess of Luna

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »

The patch is finally available! Release 6!
>>Release 6.04 of Pokemon Jupiter<<

Now, if your patch for some reason gets a white screen on boot, that means you patched it with the wrong rom. You need AXVE (It's either 0906 or 0907, I can't remember), Pokemon Ruby, (E), for this rom to work.

The following are recent screenshots of the hack:

Things to work on:
-All NPCs to have Telepathy scripts
-Female Playable
-Glitch Cleanup

Things I want to know about
-Wayward Warps (a door that leads to a weird place, for example)
-Freezeups
-Glitches that result in immobility
-any weird backsprites (ONLY WITH NATURAL SUNEN CATCHABLES - NOT WITH POKEMON CAUGHT WITH CODES)

Things I do NOT want to hear about
-Unchanged cries, sprites, ect.
-Tilesets
-Weird Music (unless it is unbearable)
ect. ect.

Enjoy!

-copied from my post on Pokecommunity

NOTE: This hack is notably harder than Ruby; many trainers are 2 levels above their Ruby equivalents. Watch out, but don't get frantic - the Wild Pokemon level up at a similar rate as well.
View Profile
New User

Coins: 0

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 11:57:32 PM »

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

In the course of playing this game, I have come across a few interesting... quirks. Bugs, if you will.

I'm not so sure this is actually a bug, but it was the only Original-style Pokémon that I've come across in my play thus far. I thought it might have been an error.

This, on the other hand... I've encountered this before. I'm guessing you're using PET to edit trainers? An older version, perhaps? PET causes a bunch of whitespace to appear after trainers' names. The way to fix this bug (if you haven't already) is to not use PET. Advance Trainer or whatever-the-deuce-it's-called doesn't have this spacing bug, and it doesn't require you to muck about with the trainer classes if you want to edit each Pokémon's moves.

(Sorry about the necrobump; this just... *shades* ...bugged me.)
View Profile
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 11:04:26 PM »

It's all good.

Although I haven't been working on the project for a while (I'm thinking about porting it to Emerald, redoing it, to get rid of a ton of more serious bugs), I can inform you that the first "bug" is actually an attempt to make the game feel more like a new release of Pokemon than a rom hack, with a few oldies and a bunch of new ones.

The second is a bug caused by a program I use to edit the Trainers. I try to fix it but usually it reverts back D:<
View Profile
Novice Member

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2010, 04:41:24 PM »

^You can do whatever you want, but, if you port it, it's much less likely to get finished, which is, you know... uncool. D: Complete pokemon hack > unfinished one on a different game or w/e
View Profile
Pkmn-Master
That One Lurker-guy

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 01:53:53 AM »

Actually, porting it to Emerald sounds great!
And, do you have all of the instruments from Golden Sun in Jupiter?
View Profile
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2010, 12:35:33 PM »

Yup, and a few extras. I'm actually still working on the Ruby version, but I'm not doing it much. :p
View Profile
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 10:44:00 PM »

Hey guys, what could this mean?...

Did I start working on this again?

??????????????
View Profile
Pkmn-Master
That One Lurker-guy

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2011, 09:34:13 PM »

O MA GAWD I think I'll be active on this forum again! :V
View Profile
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2011, 01:38:10 AM »

Yes! I finally overcame that annoying thing where the music would cut off when there were too many tracks... and the good thing is that there's no lag! :D

I'll be releasing a bunch of betas, with about a gym or two extra content in between them. The first beta will only have content going up to the second gym... but I'll keep working to get a whole thing out.
View Profile
Pkmn-Master
That One Lurker-guy

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2011, 04:15:39 AM »

This is getting pretty amazing!
Next I want to see Golden Sun overworld sprites imported. =P
View Profile
Kai Hong
Mercury Clan

Clan Position: Master Cleric of Mercury

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2011, 08:49:26 AM »

Loved the psychologically depressed signpost XD Keep it up!

WARNING! IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO READ THIS WARNING! NOW YOU WILL DIE...eventually.
View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2011, 01:01:58 PM »

K, Doom Dragon theme doesn't work in Pokémon.

Justicebattle works a million times better in Pokémon than it does on my Mac, it's awesome.

BTW, you're going to fix that UBERhax RNG right?

Oh and also:

OMG SIGN!!! XD Poor sign...

SENATOR JOHN MCCAIN: "Keep out of the way of us Republicans!"

... ... ... The h*** is -- !!

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2011, 06:10:51 PM »

Can we keep real world politics the hell out of our games, please?  I don't want Kain to show up and kick us.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:52:58 PM by JamietheFlameUser » Logged

View Profile WWW
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2011, 11:45:30 PM »

It's actually about how in dark times of a greater force trying to destroy the world that perhaps working together is the better plan. Both are evil at first but then change face and become good guys. And its silly and fun.

So no.
View Profile

New User

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »

Exclamation :um:Okay. So I downloaded 2 different kinds of Pokemon Ruby Emus. Both 0907 and one is (E). I patched them both with Pokemon Jupiter 6.04 with Lunar IPS. I Played the patched ROM with VisualBoy Advance and it seemed to work. I hit enter at the title screen and a word box appeared where the joke is supposed to be. But no words appeared. It stayed like that and nothing happened. Can someone please help? Happy Question
View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
December 13, 2017, 09:19:38 PM
Fox: Okay, so that Summon Night games adds the fram number to the seed, before generating another seed via mul/add....  (GS1-GS3 never adds the fram number.) ... So um, that makes sense! ;  Summon Night:  ((seed + frame) * 0x343FD + 0x269E3C) >> 0x10 ; Which is also on the list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_congruential_generator
December 12, 2017, 11:10:45 PM
Fox: Yes, and there could be contests. Maybe ones where 1st/2nd/3rd place get a cash reward, but eh. Dunno.... Kind of thinking about making a topic about how people got their job, and what was their experience. (e.g. Did they use references of people already working in the job, and various other things.)
December 09, 2017, 04:24:14 AM
Majora: Import old forum posts for reference, perhaps take posts containing important info like documentation away from the old stickied forum post model and make them into their own pages on a site with an in-built search bar. Might help with SEO, too. If nothing else, perhaps whipping them into PDFs and hosting them via Scribd? The possibilities are boundless when it comes to restructuring a site
December 09, 2017, 04:20:02 AM
Majora: Just a nice idea to have even if it doesn't come to fruition. Updating, modernizing, always a good idea. Could probably do something pretty nifty using a good Wordpress theme
December 09, 2017, 04:15:45 AM
Majora: Would be kind of neat to do something like that for GSHC. Could change it up a bit to show all tweets/instagram posts/facebook posts/golden sun subreddit posts all in one sidebar. It would be cool in that it gives the site it's on (and the topic in general) appear more lively and active, which is a plus
December 09, 2017, 04:14:19 AM
Majora: That does sound interesting. One cool thing I've seen some sites use is a sort of unique take on a sidebar option that acts like a social media integration (like, "See GSHC's latest Tweets"). It displays activity from a variety of related sites, such as Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
December 09, 2017, 12:58:53 AM
Fox: And the way it'd work via code is not that all users would instantly get nicknames the minute you register... but rather, the moment you view a name if it doesn't have a nickname, it gets one. (My Thoughts.)
December 09, 2017, 12:53:55 AM
Fox: (I was thinking that it would be "Name (Nickname)" ... The nickname is what you first known the user as, and you can change that yourself... and the Name is what the user wants to be called... Something like that.
December 09, 2017, 12:47:56 AM
Fox: So like... for starters, one idea I had was to make it so anyone can name anyone... much like how it works on Skype, and you (the namer) would be the only one to see it, and such...
December 09, 2017, 12:45:02 AM
Fox: Would need to be carefully thought out and tested, though.
December 09, 2017, 12:43:02 AM
Fox: I'm thinking I could make it so that name changes can happen whenever... (Without any limit)... Since I believe there's a way to do it with minimum confusion. (I think.) Hmm....
December 09, 2017, 12:31:36 AM
Fox: (I mean an offline version... at least initially.)
December 09, 2017, 12:25:01 AM
Fox: Now that I have thought about it a bit more, would I be right to assume that GSHC would be one of the most interesting websites to administrate, or no? It's sad to see not much going on with it. == I almost want to make a concept website at some point. :D Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
December 06, 2017, 12:12:59 AM
Fox: Like... Start using Github or something... Do like how many of those other projects such as Citra (WIP 3DS Emulator) does. Etc.
December 06, 2017, 12:08:12 AM
Fox: No idea. I just wish OpenGoldenSun would release it as unfinished, but oh well.
December 05, 2017, 06:52:09 AM
MaxiPower: Bummed out that the open golden sun project is dead it seems with no actitivy in close to a year at this point. Is there any hope left in any other projects?
November 27, 2017, 10:25:28 AM
Fox: (When I say research, mainly refering to the data in the game, though checking websites can count to a degree.)
November 27, 2017, 09:52:27 AM
Fox: Maybe. But Dark Dawn is meh, hahah... I still research it, though, because data can be interesting.
November 27, 2017, 05:28:36 AM
Portakin: I'm here! This game is underrated!
November 25, 2017, 08:03:23 PM
Fox: .... and the email listed in that post makes me think we should just make a new rules topic with most of the same information. (So the old ones can be sort o archived.)

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise