News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Pokemon Jupiter Version

Started by Charon, 12, February, 2009, 06:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

Charon

Try Rom Name AXVE (Pokemon Ruby in America). I'm lazy and don't know the actual number.

Zach

Quote from: Charon on 14, February, 2009, 03:37:00 PMTry Rom Name AXVE (Pokemon Ruby in America). I'm lazy and don't know the actual number.
you mean Pokemon_Ruby_Working_and_Clock_Fixed_Read_NFO_USA_GBA-MUGS? or a different one?

Charon

Umm... just try searching "English Pokemon Ruby Rom" on Esnips, then after downloading, check the Game Code in VBA. If it says AXVE, you're good to go.

Zach

k i'll let you know how it turns out

EDIT: It worked and i noticed that sometimes the text will fall out the box in Gentlewater town. o_O Hamsmooth has some animation problems as well. when you send it out, it flashes and tries to switch to a trainer, then switch back to it's original sprite o_O

Zach

Quote from: Charon on 16, February, 2009, 12:39:00 AMAh, that's because the game isn't done yet. I don't have the animation for Hamstooth's backsprite done yet, so it does that. No biggie. It'll be all fixed by release 6.

And what exactly do you mean by Gentlewater Town? Which sprite does that when you talk to him/her?
when you talk to the Ivan that is talking Garet and when you say yes to his question, the text eventually falls out. there's another bug i found. when you enter Cinder city and walk to your left, you will see a building with 2 doors. The door on the left takes you to some place covered with trees and a little snow + a cave structure. you can walk through the trees, but you can't walk through some of the objects of this place. Some of the objects are acting like the objects from Glitch City in Pokemon Red/Blue/Green. If you make it to the cave structure, then you're see an entrance, but you can't enter it. If you look around the cave structure, you'll see an old lady with a flamox and the bottom half of the battle tower o_O. If you enter the door on the right, then you'll just get a black screen o_O. Kinda weird o_O. Would it be alright if i screenshot it and showed you?

Also, when you talk to a little kid with pink or purple (can't tell) hair, some weird text and weird letters pops up o_O

In Styxwater City, when you enter the house by the Gym, you'll be on top of the Gym doors o_O

Charon

Ah, that's because the game isn't done yet. I don't have the animation for Hamstooth's backsprite done yet, so it does that. No biggie. It'll be all fixed by release 6.

And what exactly do you mean by Gentlewater Town? Which sprite does that when you talk to him/her?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Nice looking hack!, did see a few bugs too (those you mentioned, which are the major ones, yes, if not anymore.) , but nice enough to have Save State to get me back where I was.

I got two badges and found where the Sheba monster was, she's tough, so I skipped her. for now anyway, I wonder when 6.0 is coming. ...or whether it's even being worked on right now?, (delayed?)

Edit: I hope it was okay to revive this subject, it's been awhile....

There's also a kid in Cloud Nine City with light brownish hair that has letters pop up too.

When you enter the building for the cycling road, end up in some place you can't go back. (before I even get the bike, and the road is closed on the left outside)

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Jun 20 2009, 11:55 PM
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Oh cool, this looks interesting... I just have one question before I download the patch... Actually, this is not so much as a question as it is a clarification that anyone can answer.

I am supposed to apply this patch to Pokemon Ruby, correct?

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Yes.

Two updates: One, I've been working vigourously on the hack, I might be able to get a new patch up in a couple of weeks if I keep it up.

Second, I'll be releasing an alternative patch that allows other hackers to animate the sprites like in Jupiter. It's a lot of work, however o.o

Two recent screens:

Oddly enough, a lot of people think that the Magician Sprite is really a Michael Jackson tribute. It's not, I wouldn't make a sprite as a tribute. Meh...

Oh yes, when I get the next patch up and it starts workin', will someone take some screens from a Flash Cartridge? That'd be just wonderful.

Charon

The patch is finally available! Release 6!
>>Release 6.04 of Pokemon Jupiter<<

Now, if your patch for some reason gets a white screen on boot, that means you patched it with the wrong rom. You need AXVE (It's either 0906 or 0907, I can't remember), Pokemon Ruby, (E), for this rom to work.

The following are recent screenshots of the hack:

Things to work on:
-All NPCs to have Telepathy scripts
-Female Playable
-Glitch Cleanup

Things I want to know about
-Wayward Warps (a door that leads to a weird place, for example)
-Freezeups
-Glitches that result in immobility
-any weird backsprites (ONLY WITH NATURAL SUNEN CATCHABLES - NOT WITH POKEMON CAUGHT WITH CODES)

Things I do NOT want to hear about
-Unchanged cries, sprites, ect.
-Tilesets
-Weird Music (unless it is unbearable)
ect. ect.

Enjoy!

-copied from my post on Pokecommunity

NOTE: This hack is notably harder than Ruby; many trainers are 2 levels above their Ruby equivalents. Watch out, but don't get frantic - the Wild Pokemon level up at a similar rate as well.

Hinoa

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

In the course of playing this game, I have come across a few interesting... quirks. Bugs, if you will.

I'm not so sure this is actually a bug, but it was the only Original-style Pokémon that I've come across in my play thus far. I thought it might have been an error.

This, on the other hand... I've encountered this before. I'm guessing you're using PET to edit trainers? An older version, perhaps? PET causes a bunch of whitespace to appear after trainers' names. The way to fix this bug (if you haven't already) is to not use PET. Advance Trainer or whatever-the-deuce-it's-called doesn't have this spacing bug, and it doesn't require you to muck about with the trainer classes if you want to edit each Pokémon's moves.

(Sorry about the necrobump; this just... *shades* ...bugged me.)

Charon

It's all good.

Although I haven't been working on the project for a while (I'm thinking about porting it to Emerald, redoing it, to get rid of a ton of more serious bugs), I can inform you that the first "bug" is actually an attempt to make the game feel more like a new release of Pokemon than a rom hack, with a few oldies and a bunch of new ones.

The second is a bug caused by a program I use to edit the Trainers. I try to fix it but usually it reverts back D:<

Blazer

^You can do whatever you want, but, if you port it, it's much less likely to get finished, which is, you know... uncool. D: Complete pokemon hack > unfinished one on a different game or w/e

Pkmn-Master

Actually, porting it to Emerald sounds great!
And, do you have all of the instruments from Golden Sun in Jupiter?

Charon

Yup, and a few extras. I'm actually still working on the Ruby version, but I'm not doing it much. :p

Charon

Hey guys, what could this mean?...

Did I start working on this again?

??????????????

Pkmn-Master

O MA GAWD I think I'll be active on this forum again! :V

Charon

Yes! I finally overcame that annoying thing where the music would cut off when there were too many tracks... and the good thing is that there's no lag! :D

I'll be releasing a bunch of betas, with about a gym or two extra content in between them. The first beta will only have content going up to the second gym... but I'll keep working to get a whole thing out.

Pkmn-Master

This is getting pretty amazing!
Next I want to see Golden Sun overworld sprites imported. =P