News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Pokemon Jupiter Version

Started by Charon, 12, February, 2009, 06:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Anyways, by the totally unexpected spark of interest of Pokemon Jupiter Version here, I decided to post a link. BTW, this is the exact same post I'm posting on Pokecommunity (with the exception of this introduction), so if they don't accept it, they are officially crazy. I also removed Screenshots and the support picture, but if you really want it, just ask.

Pokemon Jupiter Version

Welcome to the world of Sunen!

(Okay, let's see if I can get this right this time... I didn't realize that maps were so heavily weighted over here =P)

Introduction:
Pok

Rolina

You FAIL!  I'm a girl, so I always choose the girl trainer!  So what about us girls?  I mean, yeah, Ivan is cute and all, but deep down, I'd love to play as Sheba, Hamma, or Feizhi.  Hell, Feizhi gets no love anyways, so just give her the spot!

Charon

Actually, I did it because I wanted to use the girl sprites in different wild Pokemon events, so I wasn't using up other sprites.

Also, it's easier to make events without having to deal with Checkgender all the time.

Sorry, I put Hamma in there (actually, there are two - one's an NPC and the other is a hidden Pokemon lol). Sheba's a gym leader. I'll put Feheizi in there as well. But the problem is with her is like Hamma, she has absolutely no art.

Oh yes, the rom has one little error in it - I forgot to add a warp from Seaside to Route 309, so I'll get up a fixed patch by around 3-5 ish PM eastern time. In the meantime, transfer save files from Ruby to Jupiter to get past that part.

MaxiPower

Well the game is based around Ivan is it not and Sheba is a gym leader soooo.. it wouldnt be fair not to have a main GS character as the protagonist

and btw you refer to the daleks charon... are they big in America or am i regarding the wrong things

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/s2_.../800/daleks.jpg

Charon

Oh, I'm a fan of Doctor Who. They are my favorite bad guys.

Actually, the storyline is barely even programmed, so it's a bit funky.

Another reason why you can't play as a female character is that I would have to replace Sheba with Ivan based on your gender, and that would be quite painful, considering in Jupiter Ivan is associated with the Electric type (actually, psychic/electric) and Sheba is associated with the Flying type.

And besides, I'm an insane fan of Ivan, and it's my hack, so nyeh.

Lol, I can be so immature.

Anyways, I'M GETTING A FIXED VERSION OF THE BETA UP SOON BECAUSE THERE'S A VERY SMALL SCRIPTING ERROR THAT DOESN'T ALLOW YOU TO GET PAST SEASIDE.

MaxiPower

lol i love the Daleks, well the old movies of doctor who, the ones that cant go up stairs...

they can fly and everything now lol

Atrius (He/Him)

This one worked on my flash cartridge with no problems at all.  I'll try to get some photos of it running on my GBA like I said I would, but it's really hard to get good enough lighting so they don't turn out crappy.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Charon

UGH. Turns out that half the maps under bank 24 refuse to work. I'm fixing all of them. I have to go and add row of tiles to each to repoint, because AM is being a jerk...

Nice to see you guys aren't having too many issues. I hope you guys like the music work and the new tilesets.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Atrius on 12, February, 2009, 03:30:00 PMThis one worked on my flash cartridge with no problems at all.  I'll try to get some photos of it running on my GBA like I said I would, but it's really hard to get good enough lighting so they don't turn out crappy.
I,ll test it on my PSP via homebrew  it will work like but it will be cool to play it portable  

Rolina

Quote from: Charon on 13, February, 2009, 12:29:00 AMOh, I'm a fan of Doctor Who. They are my favorite bad guys.

Actually, the storyline is barely even programmed, so it's a bit funky.

Another reason why you can't play as a female character is that I would have to replace Sheba with Ivan based on your gender, and that would be quite painful, considering in Jupiter Ivan is associated with the Electric type (actually, psychic/electric) and Sheba is associated with the Flying type.

And besides, I'm an insane fan of Ivan, and it's my hack, so nyeh.

Lol, I can be so immature.

Anyways, I'M GETTING A FIXED VERSION OF THE BETA UP SOON BECAUSE THERE'S A VERY SMALL SCRIPTING ERROR THAT DOESN'T ALLOW YOU TO GET PAST SEASIDE.
Even though they're the same class?  Meh, oh well.  But still, eventually you need to make an upgrade that includes it.  I may whine about it a little, but would still enjoy the game nonetheless.  But you never know when you'll get some crazy wench who thinks you're just being sexist...

Then again, that just makes the ripe for counter-trolling...

Meh, anywho, I still look forward to what you put out.

(I'd have thought that the lack of detailed art for Fehzhi would mean you've got more freedom with your art?)

Charon

Well, you know ^.^

Thanks Atrius. When I make a website, those will prove useful. I'm going to see if I can convince my parents to buy one of those little things...

FIXED VERSION:

@Role - I'm thinking about doing alternative versions of Jupiter. Now that you bring it up, making a female version is not that bad of an idea. I was originally thinking about just doing alternative versions based on the other elements (which is a little odd considering you'll still have telepathy, but WHAT THE HECK). Expect a Sheba version in several months time, and maybe if you're lucky, a Feheizi version too.

The reason why each character has a type associated with it is that I wanted to have different type gym leaders. For example, Garet and Jenna are both Mars adepts, but in Jupiter, Garet specializes in Fighting Types (which I considered like fire because of a fiery fighting spirit, and of course, Pokemon like Blaziken and Infernape), while Jenna uses Fire Types. I chose Flying for Sheba because she seems more like an elegant "wind" trainer, while Ivan more of a psychic trainer, even though they share the same psynergies.

Another reason is the hidden Pokemon are Easter Egg Pokemon based off of the characters, in which their types are as follows (actually, only 4 are in the beta 5.5 release; more will be in the next release):
Isaac - Ground
Garet - Fire/Fighting
Ivan - Psychic/Electric (Which is kind of lol considering you're playing as Ivan)
Mia - Ice (Hmm... I might add a water element to her as well...)
Felix - Ground/Grass
Jenna - Fire
Sheba - Flying (even though she can't learn fly)
Picard - Water
Hamma - Psychic (another oddity of Jupiter - Go! Older Sister!)
Alex - Water (I don't know if I should pair him with dark as well)
Stick - Normal (my friend suggested this one.)

If I put the following in, they'd probably be the following types:
Wise One - Rock/Psychic
Feheizi - Psychic (zomfg!)
Proxians - Fire/Dark (maybe, but I'm a little worried about having a ton of fire easter eggs...)

And let me tell you right now, Hamma is so freaking badass. Although it was pretty funny first time I battled her - no kidding, she used Future Sight 3 times in a row the first 3 turns.

Hmmm... personally I always prefered Hamma over Feheizi, mainly because Hamma was always so cool and collected, and Feheizi just seemed kind of... annoying to me. Hamma's also one of the  very few characters I find beautiful. So w00t there.

To everyone: This beta should be good for now. I tested all the maps under bank 24, they're all working. Be careful when entering some houses, though... Some of them you can't get out of because it screws up the map footer.

Zach

that's weird. when i patched it, it still came out as Pokemon Ruby   . That's never happened before o_O. I used IPSWin if that helps o_O

Rolina

Quote from: Charon on 12, February, 2009, 07:42:00 PMI chose Flying for Sheba because she seems more like an elegant "wind" trainer, while Ivan more of a psychic trainer, even though they share the same psynergies.
Don't forget how she 'flew' down from the sky! XD

You should put a crater outside the town she's in just for lulz...

Also, for the Proxians, that's EASY.  They trade places with Team Magma as the antagonists.  Heck, team Rocket was all Poison and Ground types, Aqua was all water, and Magma was all fire.  The only team I didn't notice a general type that they stuck to was the new one, Galactic.

Oh, and about the Feizhi thing with me... Hamma's considered more of a Secondary character in the series, but Feizhi (like Maha and several others) is more of a tertiary character... and those get no love!  Everyone focuses and all sorts of fanarts and stuffs on the main and secondary characters, so I get really happy when I see things on the other ones. ^-^;

Charon

Quote from: zach on 12, February, 2009, 10:48:00 PMthat's weird. when i patched it, it still came out as Pokemon Ruby   . That's never happened before o_O. I used IPSWin if that helps o_O
I tested it, I patched it correctly. Use LIPS to patch it. If it doesn't work, it's the rom.

@ Role: I should put a giant crater there. But it isn't Laverio (evil spelling errors!).

Rolina

Well, I meant it as a joke, anyways.  I just have grudge against Felix and Sheba for being sprite swaps (although, Sheba less so than Felix, as she's got a different equip type).

Charon

Anyways, you did inspire me there, though:

What is this mysterious crater?...

OH MAI IT'S SHEBA

(i.e. the hidden Pokemon)

In other news, has anyone actually played the rom? I would like some feedback if so.

EDIT: Now is the time to determine whether or not those at Pokecommunity are crazy or not - I resubmitted Jupiter. If they don't accept it, I'm gonna question their sanity.

Atrius (He/Him)

I have, just not a whole lot since I've been busy with other stuff.  Haven't even gotten to the first Gym...

[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Charon

Nicktallica notified me on another error. Here's the fixed link:
http://www.esnips.com/doc/900ca392-ad7d-47...piter-5.5-FIXED
NOW I'M 100% POSITIVE EVERYTHING IS WORKING.

Atrius (He/Him)

QuoteNOW I'M 100% POSITIVE EVERYTHING IS WORKING.

That's bad luck in the programming world, don't you know?

Ah... uh oh, it looks like that 0xC0 got removed at 0x08000018 again.

Charon

=P

It's cause I changed the header! I'm telling ya. I gotta delete those old crap backups that are old that I keep on thinking I'll need. (I pasted the first 200 or so bytes from one of my old roms, that was rather stupid of me, Hm?)

Actually, it's not 100% working in reality, it's a Beta. So there, of course, are interesting parts. But it's functional. That's what I meant. =D

There was an error right after Rachel gave you your first Pokemon. I didn't even notice until he pointed it out. That's really what that's all about - I didn't want the complaining to begin with something so early in the game.