News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Regarding The Djinni Dummies

Started by Zach, 14, July, 2009, 10:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

I was heading to Taopa Swamp, when I ran into this Venus Djinni dummy. In my mind, I was trying to make sense of this event, but couldn't. I switched the stats to determine which one it was, and determined it was the Venus Djinni #4. Can you guys make sense outta this? Here's the link for the vid I made from the encounter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLerVDHq3_Q

Charon

Most likely, the battles are scripted, thus if it is a random encounter (which is what it looks like), you will not get the djinni.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Hmm looks to me that it's a flaw in the part of the game's programming that deals with random enemy encounters.
Or maybe it thought you encountered a Djinni in the world map,whatever happened was bug that either the beta testers didn't find or the programmers noticed it but were too lazy to fix it.

Sajin

I guess that the battle needs to be scripted to tell the difference between a normal encounter and a djinn encounter.
Although I don't understand how a dummy djinn appeared there...Did you use the enemy group editor?

Rolina

He had to have.  No djinn show up like that there.

Zach

Aile~♥

Did you edit it at all? Was it a clean ROM/actual game pak?
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

And this topic gives me an idea for Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (please do not ask me why it does).

Also, I like the idea of dummy djinni that don't join you. What we could do is to have an "Sol Palace" sort of place, where you can... I will post this idea elsewhere.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Editing something in the enemies section might do it? After all, your Purple Felix did fight me twice near Venus Lighthouse in your hack.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

ChrisButton

LOL The annotations on the Youtube video made me laugh.
Quite unfortunate however.

zman9000

the same thing happend to me on dark dawn.

could just be a mistake in programming.

I'm not sure how they program it, so that would be a qustion for who does.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

They might be beta djinn that were never taken out, kinda like the Magnet, Arrow and Reflect spells.

It COULD be just lazy programming, but who knows?

zman9000

I had talked to one of my freinds and had the same thing happen as in the video in the same area.

It's possible that anyone could incounter that djinn there.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Awec

I've never had that happen to me.

Maybe it's an Easter egg? Or maybe it's part of a feature that never happened often enough to become well-known?
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?