News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Hai~!

Started by Blazer, 06, July, 2009, 05:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazer

Hey there everyone.

I've played the GS games but don't remember much of anything about them, although the first one brings some nostalgic memories. :P

I'm the owner of several websites, one of which is a Fire Emblem website called the Fire Emblem Shrine. I hack Fire Emblem and have general hacking experience.

I also sprite (i.e., I make sprites), web design, I like making variations of videos, I like to whoop people's butts in brawl, etc.

I go by Fire Blazer/Blazer/FB/Blazrar/Keriku/Kelik/Wally/10 other names I don't feel like listing. For the sake of simplicity, just call me "Blazer" or "Blaze", or if you're really lazy, "FB" works. XD

My hacking abilities are mainly FE related, but I doubt many could comprehend that, so instead I'll just go through general stuff

- Hex editing is one of my forte's
- Familiar with pointers, hex editors, pretty much same as above
- Familiar with tile editing
- I have awesome friends who do awesome things-- for instance, my friend created GBA Graphics Editor, which is 20x better than unLZ-GBA
- I've dabbled in ASM hacking and debugging, it's NOT my forte
- Familiar with palettes, esp. ones in hex
- Know how to make very good use of VBA and all of it's functions
- Can music edit (many thanks to Charon)
- Capable of doing things on my own as far as research goes
- Familiar with a variety of compressions
- Familiar with many of the non-game specific programs out there
- NOT familiar with how other games are hacked and how they fair
- Can insert/edit graphics and all that jazz, but compressed and uncompressed
- Familiar with TSA, can edit it, etc.
- Good at spriting/animating, so I can insert custom animations into Fire Emblem (game-specific, although animating skills can be applied to many areas)
- Some other random things

I hope that's enough for an intro. Nice to meet everyone! :D

Atrius (He/Him)

Nice to meet you, and welcome to the forums.  That's a very nice list of abilities you've got there.

*Insert speech about reading & obeying the rules here*

Also, the other members do in fact bite.  Hard....  It just means they like you.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Blazer

Hahah, I see. That's good. I came here to get a little help with music hacking, but I think it'd be rude to just come for that, so you guys don't mind if I advertise this place, do you?

Atrius (He/Him)

Not at all, the more people we can get interested in Golden Sun hacking the better.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Oh wow!, now we'll finally get the 100 members we've been waiting for!

Welcome to the forums, and wait for Role to Nickname you (if she does) like she has with mostly everyone else who posted a topic on the Introductions.

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Jul 6 2009, 06:13 PM
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Oh, welcome to these forums. Although Atrius was exaggerating about the other members biting, there is a hint of truth in that statement... Anyway, you will probably like it here. By the way, Role (the global moderator) will probably give you a nickname, this is normal, so do not worry if she calls you something like Laser or Blane (or anything else).

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Blazer

XD. Egg rolling. Never gets boring.

Nice to meet you guys.

I'm kinda interested in being nicknamed, and I like the idea of a forum uh... "gag" (can't think of a better word... "trend"?).

Charon

Oh.

Heyz.

Welcome :3

Now time to invite Retsej and the group will be complete >=D

And watch out for Role's hammer. That thing can pack a punch o.o

Blazer

...Hammer?

No comprendo, could you explain this 'hammer' concept?

This post has been edited by Blazer on Jul 6 2009, 09:38 PM

Aile~♥

Oh. Hai! Finally a member who knows something! (No offence Charon, but another member with experience hasn't joined since I first came to this site.)

I'm the other regular here, Salanewt's the first one (actually he joined after me, but whatever).

So, yeah as Atrius said (he actually said something! He doesn't do that much...), insert long thing about reading the rules, and hope you like the forums.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Blazer

Atrius doesn't say much? Really? :( I'm sure he's a nice person though. At least he seems like it.

Yay! I know something! W1N!

Charon

He's a rather quiet guy. I've spoken with him once... very... quiet...

Rolina

Greetings and Salutations, Blaze.  You don't mind if I call you Blaze, right?

This is our little forum.  If somehow you didn't know, this is about a few things... Atrius' hacking tool's development, general hacking golden sun, and other GS information and what not.  This doesn't mean hack to cheat, however, as our ultimate goal is to use these hacking skills to create a fan-made Golden Sun.

There are some of us that are good with the hacking bit, and others (such as myself) whom are good at data collection and compilation to be used with the tools.  Still others give ideas or encouragement, or even just hang out, which is cool too.

Be sure to follow the Rules, and to obey the Admin and Mods, or you may find yourself on the business end of Mj

Matrim

Hi and welcome to the forums, Blaze. Its nice to see another person with some good skills join this place. Like said before, read the rules and have fun with the zany cast of characters we have here.

Sincerely,
jdmj90

This post has been edited by jdmj90 on Jul 19 2009, 01:38 PM