News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Skyrim: stories of many glitches

Started by zman9000, 22, January, 2012, 10:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman9000

Skyrim is a great game but its also known for lots of harmless glitches. most of the time they are just funny or make you go wtf. and rarely you may die because it.
This topic is for you to share your odd stories from skyrim. I know I have quite a few.

My most memorable story was returning to Whiterun from a near by dungeon. I was coming past the white run stables and i ran into a npc on the road. I started to walk around him when i saw a clone for him with the same name half way out of the ground. feeling confused i tried to kill them but sadly they are npc's that can't die. after a quick reload i just went around them and went on my way. But...

Much later in the game, I now had three houses a horse and had beat the main quest line. Coming down the same road as about the same time as before getting close it the stables i saw a massive group of people. They were all the same person as last time. i got of my horse to counting them and just 4 more came out of the house. I went inside and found 3 more. all in all there were 19 of him. The bad part happened when i walked back out side. 16 of him were surrounding my horse and I couldn't get to it. Now when ever i'm at Whiterun I can't ride my horse from there at night. Because he just stands with his clone army around my horse.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

I was about to come here an post a NO! pic, but then I realized you meant glitches in a non-whiny way.  I approve.

Currently, my most memorable moment is pulling off some of the things I've done in a no-kills run.  Going through an area full of draugr, sneaking within INCHES of these things, and completing the dungeon like a boss... without killing a single foe.  Fear my leet ninja skills!

zman9000

wow really? no kills run? nice.

Another thing I likes was that room with the bone dragon, sneaking in that room you can kill every thing with out being detected and when you hit the enemy's they don't move until its to late.

the good thing about my last post, is each of the 19 clones have separate inventory's, and they are loaded. if you catch my meaning. each have like 200 gold and lots of gems. and yet some how they all have different stuff. But again when one talks they all talk so its a little confusing.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Durza

The backwards flying dragons would be my most memorable. Also, not sure if it's counted as a glitch or not, but in the tutorial the guide is invincible, so you can level up pretty much whatever you want by hitting him with it and he won't attack you back. Once you get out of the cave he will though...
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

zman9000

there's this one glitch I just remembered that happened a few times. I would kill a dragon and the bones would fall into the ground, then later at another location a dragon skeleton would fall from the sky or shoot up from that ground.

Once 3 exploded out of no where and freaked me out, then i had a good laugh.

Atrius (He/Him)

I've been taking screenshots of glitches as I come across them.  Click on the images for a larger view.

Where is your face, little girl?

Where is your... entire self, Jordis?

After slaying some spiders out in the woods I came across this deer corpse

Sir, you appear to have impaled your hand on a broom.

The amazing levitating woman.  She actually walked all around town like this.

He fell on a bucket when he died, and got stuck in it.  I could drag him around, and the bucket stayed firmly in place on his body.

This one's not a glitch, it was just an awesome "Oh shi-" moment.  That dragon was a ninja, I didn't even know it was in the area until it landed right in from of me, and set the Khajit in the background on fire.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

zman9000

woa Atrius... you got some crazy stuff there. even i haven't had that many glitches and ones that crazy...

see through people and the one lady that floats a lot, i haven't seen yet. but i have seen other things getting stuck in other stuff... well mostly dragons... in houses and walls.
but i do have it on x-box so might not be the same glitches.

also thanks for the pictures, I wish I could take screen shots on the x-box.

I don't have any new glitches... well maybe a bug... when you ware a mask and a hooded robe of some kind your face goes away. luz

Kain

I have the PS3 version so no screenshots from me.  But do you know how annoying it is to kill a dragon, walk away after looting it and suddenly the bones are back in the sky and breathing fire?  How the heck do you kill something that has no life bar?  Fixed by restarting but dang.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Overlord Kain on 01, February, 2012, 01:52:27 AM
I have the PS3 version so no screenshots from me.  But do you know how annoying it is to kill a dragon, walk away after looting it and suddenly the bones are back in the sky and breathing fire?  How the heck do you kill something that has no life bar?  Fixed by restarting but dang.
See, this is why I stick to Oblivion, no fire breathing dragon bones flying around, well I didn't see any in any of my playthroughs. Cool idea for a boss, though. Man, I'd LOVE to fight dracoliches in an Elder Scrolls game. KILLABLE ones, though.

Rolina

Quote from: Atrius on 31, January, 2012, 10:35:55 PM

This one's not a glitch, it was just an awesome "Oh shi-" moment.  That dragon was a ninja, I didn't even know it was in the area until it landed right in from of me, and set the Khajit in the background on fire.
Don't worry, that's Ri'saad.  He's a badass.  He could solo a dragon all by himself.

Quote from: Tetsuya the Azure Blade on 01, February, 2012, 02:19:39 AM
Quote from: Overlord Kain on 01, February, 2012, 01:52:27 AM
See, this is why I stick to Oblivion, no fire breathing dragon bones flying around, well I didn't see any in any of my playthroughs. Cool idea for a boss, though. Man, I'd LOVE to fight dracoliches in an Elder Scrolls game. KILLABLE ones, though.
I see you've not played the mages' college storyline...

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

QuoteI see you've not played the mages' college storyline...
Errrr, no. I've not played that one.

Rolina

Something I've been wanting to do is create themed blades.

For example, have my smith/enchanter character create blades based on Flamberge and Vorpol Blade.  The idea is to have Flamberge have a Fire Damage and Drain Health, and the Vorpol Sword to have Ice Damage and Drain Stamina.  If only we could sell our creations to other players.  Jamie would totally buy my stuff.

Any suggestions for which base weapon to use for each weapon?  I don't want to use daedric, they should probably be something to fit the weapons thematically.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

QuoteIf only we could sell our creations to other players.
Maybe in the next game?

zman9000

yes the next game... in like 5 or more years...

also i found a video of a glitch I had the other day.

@Atrius: is this what that one glitch looked like?

Atrius (He/Him)

Pretty close, I didn't see her go underground though.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

zman9000

Ah found it finally. this is the reason I'm now not playing until the next Skyrim update

this here is THAT cloning npc that can be found in different places doing weird stuff and cloning him self just out side of white run.
keep in mine that i had over 19 of him last i checked, and he is unkillable.

Awec

The worst glitch I've had was running into a wheelbarrow and suddenly dropping dead.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

zman9000

If you use whirlwind sprint into two pots stacked on top of each other against a wall 'IN' a building corner, you will fly through the wall and fall through the map for a few seconds then be sucked back up. when falling, you can some times see the under ground chests.

also some times you will get stuck in something when sucked back up. and sometimes is will kill you, like the cart in the beginning of the game.

Rolina

Underground chests are actually the inventory for shopkeepers.

Awec

Quote from: zman9000 on 27, February, 2012, 08:48:58 AM
If you use whirlwind sprint into two pots stacked on top of each other against a wall 'IN' a building corner,
...Who tries these things?
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?