Golden Sun Hacking Community
November 19, 2017, 12:19:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon Amethyst (Ruby hack and edit)  (Read 10054 times)
Crystal Sonata
Mercury's Badass Bitch
Mercury Clan

Coins: 1

Clan Position: Master Healer of Mercury

« on: February 06, 2012, 07:57:31 AM »

Alright, where to begin......Pokemon hacking has always been a pet project of mine, But now I want to release something of my work....So far I don't have many ideas, but I know im gonna work on merging the regions from the other games of the generation (3rd Btw) Into this one. If there are any other ideas, I work scripts, maps, and other stuff of the like with pokemon. Request something and I'll stick it in (Or make you a custom edit of your own with just your stuff). I don't have a release ready yet, But I'm working on merging maps now, and should release a beta within the next couple days.

EDIT: This project has moved to it's own website, http://cofclan.org:8080/forum
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:46:18 AM by FrozenBlade » Logged

Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.
View Profile
Awec
Great Lord of Everything Good And Not Already Owned By Anyone

I'm just awesome!

Coins: 0

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 10:55:39 AM »

Are you going to be messing with the Pokemon stats at all? Like giving Parasect some decent stats or making Delibird, Smeargle etc. useful?
What region will be the starting region? And when you saying, "the regions from the other games of the generation" do you mean just Hoenn and Kanto or are you including Johto?
Will this mean we have 16 badges to collect (or more)?
And just for clarity, will we be able to catch all 386?

I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 01:20:26 PM »

Try to make everything evolve on their own.
EG no Graveller + Trade = Golem..
[insert level region to evolve]

Also.. yeah, version specific pokemon really ruin the game to me. Its never a big enough thing that everyone has their gameboys and are out trading at recess, so IDK why they added.

>Levelling = Evolving for current required pokemon
>Catch 'Em All! = All 386 are avaliable
>Harder Battles = I've always thought the standard trainer battles were too easy..

If one is to gain something, they must take it from someone else.
Such is the end effect of the Law of Equivilent Exchange. In the end, each breath you take is one you are taking from another person.
So, how does that make you feel when someone dies of deprivation?

If white people are white due to living in a climate with moderate sun and snow, and black people are black due to the large amounts of melanin in their skin caused by living under the taxing sun, why are asians [slanty eyed and yellow]?
Veryy intresting once I looked this up, it came up with "due to harsh conditions involving strong sunlight, strong winds [therefore, dust being kicked up]. It makes sense if you think about it, but thats the reason? Haha, trolololol.
View Profile
Crystal Sonata
Mercury's Badass Bitch
Mercury Clan

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 04:54:45 AM »

Awesome ideas. I'll find a list of what pokemon aren't included in the version im using and add them in somewhere.
I could add more badges to the system and set up extra gym battles, but i would need some ideas for names and design, unless I decide to use what the other regions give me.

I will probably leave the starting region at the same point, and make it to where you can enter the other regions by train or some other method (Open to ideas on that) at any point in the game.

I'm not sure if i can actually get into the pokemon code and alter their evolution data, but I'm sure I can add a script (Probably a person) that triggers an evolution of whatever pokemon you pick of the trade evo pokemon. It will be a list, and whichever button you hit triggers and evolution of that pokemon in your party (Assuming you have said pokemon). Also on this note, this means I may not be able to edit traits of certain pokemon. If i can find some assistance on this though, I will make sure to do it.

Harder battles....Editing all trainers in general would take a lot of time, especially with all the extra trainers im probably adding. I can make gym battles and the Champion(s) harder though.

And, Yea, Johto will be included if I can find somewhere to put it. I hope the patches for this game won't be too massive >.<

EDIT: Found the list of non-catchable pokemon in Ruby. The other 5 are a breeze, but the first is Kyogre, And I can't think of a place to catch it without grouping it with Groudon. I'll probably just make a separate area to do it that is kinda remote and out of the way.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 08:39:28 AM by FrozenBlade » Logged

Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

View Profile
Frog
Anemos Warrior

I am: hungry.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 09:20:47 AM »

Assuming technology hasn't regressed mysteriously, editing evolution data is really easy from memory.
As for other regions, train sounds like a good idea, pokemon gold style, you could also consider a ship, plane or even being carried by a pokemon.

If you have the space/effort it'd be neat if you included the few 4th gen de/evolutions of already existing pokemon too, bonsly and mime jr etc.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 09:25:37 AM by Frog » Logged

Not on too often, but I'm still here!
View Profile
Awec

I'm just awesome!

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 04:54:59 PM »

Google search YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor). It has all the things you would want for the pokemon (Evolutions, eggs, stats etc).

Also, will it have a plot or will it be genero catch 'em all, become champion etc.?
A slightly crazy idea I thought I'd throw out here; why not have the player get a pokemon with teleport (either as starters or by scripted events) early on in the game and have teleport act as a between-regions 'Fly'. I daresay no one uses it for its current purpose anyway. You could then add in some kind of train station/boat transport that the player can access later so they don't have to be lumbered with teleport for the whole game. Hell, you could even make it a new HM (or make reusable TMs).
Additionally, you could have some kind of cross-region puzzles; say there could be an area with super rare pokemon in Hoenn that you can only access with something (a badge or HM etc.) from Kanto.

Also, consider the 4th gen suggestion seconded. Hell, there are some pretty amazing fakemon out there that would be pretty interesting additions to the game.

I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 05:26:35 PM »

This seems like it will be a pretty good hack. For the Groudon/Kyogre thing, why not do what Emerald did for them? Basically, the greater legendary is the third one of the set, Rayquaza. After that, you can go back to where you find them/their homes and catch them.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Crystal Sonata
Mercury's Badass Bitch
Mercury Clan

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 02:47:10 AM »

Good idea Sala. I can always count on you :P....I was thinking about that last night, so why didn't I apply it >.<

View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 04:58:03 AM »

Go ask Charon if you can borrow her flying-type eeveelution, Zephyreon. Granted, I've seen a lot of fakemon flying-type eeveelutions called Zephyreon, but hers was the best I've seen.

Also, implement the fourth gen physical/special split, if possible.

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Awec

I'm just awesome!

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 01:06:56 PM »

I think I've seen a fair few threads on implementing 4th gen features on the pokecommunity romhacking section. Pretty sure Physical/Special split is in there.

Also, on the Legendaries topic, I think legendaries should only be accessible post-Elite four. The first time I played through Ruby I would have gotten stuck at the 8th gym if I had never got Groudon. As it was, I ended up breezing through the 8th gym and most of the Elite Four.

I. Am. A. Spoon.
What of it?
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 03:04:56 PM »

I don't know about a Flying Type eeveelution... They've traditionally been based on the original special-types, so what's left is... Dragon, I believe.  You're looking for Drakeon.

View Profile WWW
Durza
Einzelganger

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 04:22:58 PM »

Or Phanteon for Ghost unless I'm mistaken.

It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 05:11:31 PM »

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Elemental_type

Nope, ghost was physical.

View Profile WWW
Frog
Anemos Warrior

I am: hungry.

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 03:20:09 PM »

While I could have sworn it was done ages ago and a lot easier (perhaps it was firered...) this should be what Awec was after.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=268940

(Or better yet, if you know how things work, http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6991390&postcount=124)

Not on too often, but I'm still here!
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 05:43:47 PM »

I think it's because Ghost and Dark types really made no sense back then.  Ghost attacks were physical, but acted as if they were special.  Dark types were special, but acted as though they were physical.  It's really apparent if you look at the Gen4+ moves - there's only like, one special dark type attack.

View Profile WWW
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
November 16, 2017, 09:44:44 AM
Fox: Very quiet month.
November 11, 2017, 04:16:27 AM
tino_animate: Hello everyone. Ive just recently replayed Golden sun and TLA. I got really inspired and I'm interested in creating a prequel of Golden Sun. Unfurtunatly i know bery little on how to do it bit im willing to learn how. I need a few people to help me. I'm sure we can create a very well story based on what we know of the games. Anyone interested?
October 16, 2017, 09:57:26 AM
AZVRE: Im pretty okay, what about you?
October 16, 2017, 01:17:14 AM
Fox: I think the nine is doing a cirno on me, though... Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
October 16, 2017, 01:12:20 AM
Fox: onesixtwo*
October 16, 2017, 01:12:00 AM
Fox: Okay... Meanwhile... ah... 162 being a number that has made itself known to me.... I look at the relationships of the numbers.... 162  1+6+2 = 9 ; onesizetwo = alphabetical order = 9 characters ; Distance apart analysis: os = 4 = 1[6][2] , st = 1 = [1]6[2] , ot = 5 = [1][6]2 ; ost = original sound track?
October 15, 2017, 06:31:17 PM
AZVRE: ah okay :D i thought i caused some trouble
October 14, 2017, 07:49:16 AM
Fox: Oh i know... You were messing with yours, and the description says mine. It's kind of a funny bug. :P
October 13, 2017, 08:18:31 PM
AZVRE: I did not edit your profile tho. Just to erase that confusion ^^"
October 12, 2017, 04:49:56 AM
Fox: e.g. this art = http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/Themes/Jupiter/images/catbg.gif (etc.)
October 12, 2017, 04:48:58 AM
Fox: I have a question: Where did the art for the headers come from? (Like the backgrounds to each of these things... "Affiliates", etc... Asking just incase it inspires me to do something... but if Charon made it, then that's cool too.
October 11, 2017, 04:23:02 AM
FoxWas thinking about having something for the editor anniversary, but I believe I had to change my mind....
October 10, 2017, 12:58:36 PM
Fox: That's alright. ;       @AZVRE's profile: "Current Activity:  Editing the profile of Fox." ...Eh... That looks weird.
October 07, 2017, 11:45:16 PM
Atrius: Sorry about that, the auto bot detection is still working, but it also requires an admin to visit the site regularly.
October 04, 2017, 04:17:40 AM
Fox: Yeah, it does bring a small amount of activity. Not good quality activity, but it's still activity, nonetheless.  Now if we can get them to randomly post pictures and vdeios!
October 04, 2017, 02:10:48 AM
Majora: If nothing else, I like how they're copying the content of real posts at random. Interesting to see how they adapt to seem more authentic
October 03, 2017, 08:29:38 PM
Fox: medico6601 = Most likely another bot. :(
September 26, 2017, 03:32:24 PM
Fox: by ten* Excuse me.
September 26, 2017, 03:32:12 PM
Fox: Oh yes... Also multiply all levels by two. (So actually, an adept will have levels of 54, 3, 2, and 1, rather than 5, 0, 0, 0.... if going by those.)
September 26, 2017, 03:29:07 PM
Fox: ...I mean the theory also saves space on the Status Screen.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise