News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Pokemon Amethyst (Ruby hack and edit)

Started by Crystal Sonata, 06, February, 2012, 02:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crystal Sonata

Alright, where to begin......Pokemon hacking has always been a pet project of mine, But now I want to release something of my work....So far I don't have many ideas, but I know im gonna work on merging the regions from the other games of the generation (3rd Btw) Into this one. If there are any other ideas, I work scripts, maps, and other stuff of the like with pokemon. Request something and I'll stick it in (Or make you a custom edit of your own with just your stuff). I don't have a release ready yet, But I'm working on merging maps now, and should release a beta within the next couple days.

EDIT: This project has moved to it's own website, http://cofclan.org:8080/forum
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Awec

Are you going to be messing with the Pokemon stats at all? Like giving Parasect some decent stats or making Delibird, Smeargle etc. useful?
What region will be the starting region? And when you saying, "the regions from the other games of the generation" do you mean just Hoenn and Kanto or are you including Johto?
Will this mean we have 16 badges to collect (or more)?
And just for clarity, will we be able to catch all 386?
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Rockisftw

Try to make everything evolve on their own.
EG no Graveller + Trade = Golem..
[insert level region to evolve]

Also.. yeah, version specific pokemon really ruin the game to me. Its never a big enough thing that everyone has their gameboys and are out trading at recess, so IDK why they added.

>Levelling = Evolving for current required pokemon
>Catch 'Em All! = All 386 are avaliable
>Harder Battles = I've always thought the standard trainer battles were too easy..
If one is to gain something, they must take it from someone else.
Such is the end effect of the Law of Equivilent Exchange. In the end, each breath you take is one you are taking from another person.
So, how does that make you feel when someone dies of deprivation?

If white people are white due to living in a climate with moderate sun and snow, and black people are black due to the large amounts of melanin in their skin caused by living under the taxing sun, why are asians [slanty eyed and yellow]?
Veryy intresting once I looked this up, it came up with "due to harsh conditions involving strong sunlight, strong winds [therefore, dust being kicked up]. It makes sense if you think about it, but thats the reason? Haha, trolololol.

Crystal Sonata

Awesome ideas. I'll find a list of what pokemon aren't included in the version im using and add them in somewhere.
I could add more badges to the system and set up extra gym battles, but i would need some ideas for names and design, unless I decide to use what the other regions give me.

I will probably leave the starting region at the same point, and make it to where you can enter the other regions by train or some other method (Open to ideas on that) at any point in the game.

I'm not sure if i can actually get into the pokemon code and alter their evolution data, but I'm sure I can add a script (Probably a person) that triggers an evolution of whatever pokemon you pick of the trade evo pokemon. It will be a list, and whichever button you hit triggers and evolution of that pokemon in your party (Assuming you have said pokemon). Also on this note, this means I may not be able to edit traits of certain pokemon. If i can find some assistance on this though, I will make sure to do it.

Harder battles....Editing all trainers in general would take a lot of time, especially with all the extra trainers im probably adding. I can make gym battles and the Champion(s) harder though.

And, Yea, Johto will be included if I can find somewhere to put it. I hope the patches for this game won't be too massive >.<

EDIT: Found the list of non-catchable pokemon in Ruby. The other 5 are a breeze, but the first is Kyogre, And I can't think of a place to catch it without grouping it with Groudon. I'll probably just make a separate area to do it that is kinda remote and out of the way.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

Frog

Assuming technology hasn't regressed mysteriously, editing evolution data is really easy from memory.
As for other regions, train sounds like a good idea, pokemon gold style, you could also consider a ship, plane or even being carried by a pokemon.

If you have the space/effort it'd be neat if you included the few 4th gen de/evolutions of already existing pokemon too, bonsly and mime jr etc.
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Awec

Google search YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor). It has all the things you would want for the pokemon (Evolutions, eggs, stats etc).

Also, will it have a plot or will it be genero catch 'em all, become champion etc.?
A slightly crazy idea I thought I'd throw out here; why not have the player get a pokemon with teleport (either as starters or by scripted events) early on in the game and have teleport act as a between-regions 'Fly'. I daresay no one uses it for its current purpose anyway. You could then add in some kind of train station/boat transport that the player can access later so they don't have to be lumbered with teleport for the whole game. Hell, you could even make it a new HM (or make reusable TMs).
Additionally, you could have some kind of cross-region puzzles; say there could be an area with super rare pokemon in Hoenn that you can only access with something (a badge or HM etc.) from Kanto.

Also, consider the 4th gen suggestion seconded. Hell, there are some pretty amazing fakemon out there that would be pretty interesting additions to the game.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Salanewt

This seems like it will be a pretty good hack. For the Groudon/Kyogre thing, why not do what Emerald did for them? Basically, the greater legendary is the third one of the set, Rayquaza. After that, you can go back to where you find them/their homes and catch them.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Crystal Sonata

Good idea Sala. I can always count on you :P....I was thinking about that last night, so why didn't I apply it >.<

Aile~♥

Go ask Charon if you can borrow her flying-type eeveelution, Zephyreon. Granted, I've seen a lot of fakemon flying-type eeveelutions called Zephyreon, but hers was the best I've seen.

Also, implement the fourth gen physical/special split, if possible.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Awec

I think I've seen a fair few threads on implementing 4th gen features on the pokecommunity romhacking section. Pretty sure Physical/Special split is in there.

Also, on the Legendaries topic, I think legendaries should only be accessible post-Elite four. The first time I played through Ruby I would have gotten stuck at the 8th gym if I had never got Groudon. As it was, I ended up breezing through the 8th gym and most of the Elite Four.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
What of it?

Rolina

I don't know about a Flying Type eeveelution... They've traditionally been based on the original special-types, so what's left is... Dragon, I believe.  You're looking for Drakeon.

Durza

Or Phanteon for Ghost unless I'm mistaken.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Rolina

Frog

While I could have sworn it was done ages ago and a lot easier (perhaps it was firered...) this should be what Awec was after.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=268940

(Or better yet, if you know how things work, http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6991390&postcount=124)
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Rolina

I think it's because Ghost and Dark types really made no sense back then.  Ghost attacks were physical, but acted as if they were special.  Dark types were special, but acted as though they were physical.  It's really apparent if you look at the Gen4+ moves - there's only like, one special dark type attack.

Durza

Ghost kind of makes sense though, since the majority of their attacks are Status. There are still more physicals than specials after the split though.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Crystal Sonata

Wow, you guys are really getting into this one. It's gonna take a while just to add the extra regions though since I don't have any help >.<

Crystal Sonata

Sorry for the double post!

I got started back up on this after my laziness. Not quite ready to release anything yet but, I applied this data moments ago to the evolution process:

Politoed (Formerly trade with a King's rock, now evolves from a Sun stone since a water stone does Poliwhirl, and doing both would cause an epic fail and your computer would explode....Or something like that)

Kadabra now evolves into Alakazam at level 60, instead of trade evo.

Machoke now turns into Machamp at level 55, instead of trade evo.

Graveler now evolves into Golem at level 45, instead of trade evo.

Slowpoke evolves into Slowking with a water stone, instead of trade evo.

Haunter evolves into Gengar at level 45, instead of trade evo. (God I'm getting tired, I really had no idea THIS many pokemon were trade evo'd)

Onix evolves into Steelix at level 50, instead of trade evo.

Seadra now becomes Kingdra at level 50, instead of trade evo.

Scyther now becomes Scizor at level 40.

Clamperl now becomes Huntail with a Sun Stone, Gorebyss with a Moon stone

I noticed 24 empty slots in the pokedex, which could be used to add new pokemon. Charon's flying type that was mentioned here on page one will probably be number one to be added in those slots xD

Chansey is a happiness evo, but was left that way. I'm not sure If I should change that, or any other happiness evos. Let me know what you guys think about that.

Also, I'm thinking about giving the members here something special. Anyone who wants their own area in the game, PM me with details, anything and everything about it. Would also help to have a picture with tilesets placed where you want them if you wanna get specific and/or want a big map. I'm thinking of creating "Atrius City" and "Charon City" as well. Oh yea, I might be able to make you your own towns now that I think about it....I don't think I've made this long of a post in a long time ANYWHERE....

Kide

Hey Momo. Looks like you forgot Porygon. Well, you forgot to mention changing it at least.

And you could make Poliwhirl -> Politoed by level instead of sun stone, that's what I used to do.

Also, the point of changing evolution data is to avoid having to trade IMO, so you should keep happiness evos the same. Unless you're planning to make more substantial changes.

Crystal Sonata

Oh yea, I did. I remember changing it....Can't remember what to, but I'll look it up later. What level would you suggest Poliwhirl evolving at? I'm currently saving down maps from the other versions, and should start merging regions by 8pm CST. I should be able to release a beta by midnight tonight if I don't get lazy.