Golden Sun Hacking Community
December 15, 2017, 09:48:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon Amethyst (Ruby hack and edit)  (Read 10131 times)
Durza
Einzelganger

Coins: 0

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 07:59:52 PM »

Ghost kind of makes sense though, since the majority of their attacks are Status. There are still more physicals than specials after the split though.

It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.
View Profile
Crystal Sonata
Mercury's Badass Bitch
Mercury Clan

Coins: 1

Clan Position: Master Healer of Mercury

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 01:15:32 AM »

Wow, you guys are really getting into this one. It's gonna take a while just to add the extra regions though since I don't have any help >.<

Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.
View Profile
Crystal Sonata
Mercury's Badass Bitch
Mercury Clan

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 08:15:47 AM »

Sorry for the double post!

I got started back up on this after my laziness. Not quite ready to release anything yet but, I applied this data moments ago to the evolution process:

Politoed (Formerly trade with a King's rock, now evolves from a Sun stone since a water stone does Poliwhirl, and doing both would cause an epic fail and your computer would explode....Or something like that)

Kadabra now evolves into Alakazam at level 60, instead of trade evo.

Machoke now turns into Machamp at level 55, instead of trade evo.

Graveler now evolves into Golem at level 45, instead of trade evo.

Slowpoke evolves into Slowking with a water stone, instead of trade evo.

Haunter evolves into Gengar at level 45, instead of trade evo. (God I'm getting tired, I really had no idea THIS many pokemon were trade evo'd)

Onix evolves into Steelix at level 50, instead of trade evo.

Seadra now becomes Kingdra at level 50, instead of trade evo.

Scyther now becomes Scizor at level 40.

Clamperl now becomes Huntail with a Sun Stone, Gorebyss with a Moon stone

I noticed 24 empty slots in the pokedex, which could be used to add new pokemon. Charon's flying type that was mentioned here on page one will probably be number one to be added in those slots xD

Chansey is a happiness evo, but was left that way. I'm not sure If I should change that, or any other happiness evos. Let me know what you guys think about that.

Also, I'm thinking about giving the members here something special. Anyone who wants their own area in the game, PM me with details, anything and everything about it. Would also help to have a picture with tilesets placed where you want them if you wanna get specific and/or want a big map. I'm thinking of creating "Atrius City" and "Charon City" as well. Oh yea, I might be able to make you your own towns now that I think about it....I don't think I've made this long of a post in a long time ANYWHERE....
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 08:31:20 AM by mercuriousSamurai » Logged

Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

View Profile
Kide
Mercury Clan

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 11:26:04 PM »

Hey Momo. Looks like you forgot Porygon. Well, you forgot to mention changing it at least.

And you could make Poliwhirl -> Politoed by level instead of sun stone, that's what I used to do.

Also, the point of changing evolution data is to avoid having to trade IMO, so you should keep happiness evos the same. Unless you're planning to make more substantial changes.
View Profile
Crystal Sonata
Mercury's Badass Bitch
Mercury Clan

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 11:46:07 PM »

Oh yea, I did. I remember changing it....Can't remember what to, but I'll look it up later. What level would you suggest Poliwhirl evolving at? I'm currently saving down maps from the other versions, and should start merging regions by 8pm CST. I should be able to release a beta by midnight tonight if I don't get lazy.

View Profile
Durza
Einzelganger

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 11:52:48 PM »

Will you be adding in the 4th gen evo's like Magmortar and Weavile as well?

Happiness should stay in if you want my opinion. Though if you wanted to be evil, you could try make something only evolve with zero happiness.

Any special plans for gyms by the way?

It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 11:54:00 PM »

Poliwhirl, hm...

Hey, is it possible to make other items into evolutionary items? What you could do is just make it so the items that normally have to be traded have a use effect, as a sort of character-specific stone.

If not, then Poliwhirl with either a Leaf Stone or a Moon Stone would probably make sense.

As for Happiness, this should definitely stay in.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Crystal Sonata
Mercury's Badass Bitch
Mercury Clan

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 12:27:04 AM »

@Durza,
No, I won't be adding the 4th gen evo's. There is nowhere to put them all in the pokemon data, and adding their graphics and such wouldn't be easy anyway.

I won't really be changing anything in the gym system, but I will be adding extra gems. You won't get badges, but instead for the gyms not included in the game you will get a key item that is required to enter certain areas (If I can implement said items).

@Salanewt (I think), YAPE doesn't allow using other items to do it. If someone can find me a program that allows editing of item effects, I can probably implement that though ^^.

And on a side note, I will keep happiness evos in. People seem to be okay with them. Can someone also post the info (Or link me somewhere that does) regarding Charon's Flying Type? I will see about including it, if possible.

EDIT: Goin to bed. I'll finish up tomorrow and post a beta. I have to get back on a school schedule since I may be going back.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:07:32 AM by mercuriousSamurai » Logged

View Profile
Kide
Mercury Clan

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 12:32:00 AM »

I'd say lv 40 if you're willing to change it, since Poliwhirl is the lamest from that list.

Creating new evolutionary items is definitely possible, although I think it's not worth it. But changing an existing item into an evolutionary one might be easier. There's probably some tutorial at pokecommunity, so check there if you want. Too bad this is not a GSC hack, it was way easier to create new items there.
View Profile
Crystal Sonata
Mercury's Badass Bitch
Mercury Clan

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 01:39:46 AM »

agreed. I'll check it out once i get on the computer

View Profile
Crystal Sonata
Mercury's Badass Bitch
Mercury Clan

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 12:17:19 PM »

(Sorry for the double post, but it's the first release :P) UPDATE: Pokemon Amethyst 0.1 Beta is now released. A standard IPS tool such as LIPS will do. Apply to a Pokemon Ruby (U)(Mugs) ROM to get 0.1 Beta. Remember to keep a fresh copy of the ROM so when I release a stable version, you can do a clean patch.

Changes: Evolutionary changes listed above. There is nothing else changed so far.

I am still working in the new maps. After a patch, new maps should appear after exiting and re-entering a town, so you can go ahead and start a save file, and access the new stuff after beating the game.

I have tested it, and the game seems to be functional. After it shows the first screen with the copyright info, you will need to hit your set "A" button to continue. I removed the Mugs Intro from the ROM.

Happy gaming! (Sorry if it's too dull. I promise I will release the new stuff when I can. I don't plan to make the other regions available until after the rest of the game anyway).

PS: I HATE REPLICATING MAPS >.<

* Pokemon Amethyst 0.1.ips (7.77 KB - downloaded 101 times.)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:32:45 PM by FrozenBlade » Logged

View Profile
Knight of Purgatory
The Infernal King
Venus Clan

Join the Dark Side... FOR COOKIES

I am: Selling evil cookies

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 01:49:36 PM »

Cool, i'll try it when i'm free.
Thanks for the update Frozenblade

MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES
View Profile
Crystal Sonata
Mercury's Badass Bitch
Mercury Clan

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2012, 04:47:49 AM »

Alright, as of now, I'm looking for people to create maps. All you need is a copy of Pokemon Ruby (To use it's tilesets to create maps), either Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen to examine and copy the maps from, and AdvanceMap, which can easily be found with google. If you have experience with Advance map, that would be better, But I will teach you how to do it if you don't know how. I will accept maps in the standard format that advance map uses. Feel free to compress them any way you want if you send multiple.

PS: I tried it. Using AM to save the maps from LG and FR into AM's map format, then copying to Ruby, doesn't work, so make sure to create them while you have Ruby open.

View Profile
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
December 13, 2017, 09:19:38 PM
Fox: Okay, so that Summon Night games adds the fram number to the seed, before generating another seed via mul/add....  (GS1-GS3 never adds the fram number.) ... So um, that makes sense! ;  Summon Night:  ((seed + frame) * 0x343FD + 0x269E3C) >> 0x10 ; Which is also on the list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_congruential_generator
December 12, 2017, 11:10:45 PM
Fox: Yes, and there could be contests. Maybe ones where 1st/2nd/3rd place get a cash reward, but eh. Dunno.... Kind of thinking about making a topic about how people got their job, and what was their experience. (e.g. Did they use references of people already working in the job, and various other things.)
December 09, 2017, 04:24:14 AM
Majora: Import old forum posts for reference, perhaps take posts containing important info like documentation away from the old stickied forum post model and make them into their own pages on a site with an in-built search bar. Might help with SEO, too. If nothing else, perhaps whipping them into PDFs and hosting them via Scribd? The possibilities are boundless when it comes to restructuring a site
December 09, 2017, 04:20:02 AM
Majora: Just a nice idea to have even if it doesn't come to fruition. Updating, modernizing, always a good idea. Could probably do something pretty nifty using a good Wordpress theme
December 09, 2017, 04:15:45 AM
Majora: Would be kind of neat to do something like that for GSHC. Could change it up a bit to show all tweets/instagram posts/facebook posts/golden sun subreddit posts all in one sidebar. It would be cool in that it gives the site it's on (and the topic in general) appear more lively and active, which is a plus
December 09, 2017, 04:14:19 AM
Majora: That does sound interesting. One cool thing I've seen some sites use is a sort of unique take on a sidebar option that acts like a social media integration (like, "See GSHC's latest Tweets"). It displays activity from a variety of related sites, such as Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
December 09, 2017, 12:58:53 AM
Fox: And the way it'd work via code is not that all users would instantly get nicknames the minute you register... but rather, the moment you view a name if it doesn't have a nickname, it gets one. (My Thoughts.)
December 09, 2017, 12:53:55 AM
Fox: (I was thinking that it would be "Name (Nickname)" ... The nickname is what you first known the user as, and you can change that yourself... and the Name is what the user wants to be called... Something like that.
December 09, 2017, 12:47:56 AM
Fox: So like... for starters, one idea I had was to make it so anyone can name anyone... much like how it works on Skype, and you (the namer) would be the only one to see it, and such...
December 09, 2017, 12:45:02 AM
Fox: Would need to be carefully thought out and tested, though.
December 09, 2017, 12:43:02 AM
Fox: I'm thinking I could make it so that name changes can happen whenever... (Without any limit)... Since I believe there's a way to do it with minimum confusion. (I think.) Hmm....
December 09, 2017, 12:31:36 AM
Fox: (I mean an offline version... at least initially.)
December 09, 2017, 12:25:01 AM
Fox: Now that I have thought about it a bit more, would I be right to assume that GSHC would be one of the most interesting websites to administrate, or no? It's sad to see not much going on with it. == I almost want to make a concept website at some point. :D Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
December 06, 2017, 12:12:59 AM
Fox: Like... Start using Github or something... Do like how many of those other projects such as Citra (WIP 3DS Emulator) does. Etc.
December 06, 2017, 12:08:12 AM
Fox: No idea. I just wish OpenGoldenSun would release it as unfinished, but oh well.
December 05, 2017, 06:52:09 AM
MaxiPower: Bummed out that the open golden sun project is dead it seems with no actitivy in close to a year at this point. Is there any hope left in any other projects?
November 27, 2017, 10:25:28 AM
Fox: (When I say research, mainly refering to the data in the game, though checking websites can count to a degree.)
November 27, 2017, 09:52:27 AM
Fox: Maybe. But Dark Dawn is meh, hahah... I still research it, though, because data can be interesting.
November 27, 2017, 05:28:36 AM
Portakin: I'm here! This game is underrated!
November 25, 2017, 08:03:23 PM
Fox: .... and the email listed in that post makes me think we should just make a new rules topic with most of the same information. (So the old ones can be sort o archived.)

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise