News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Pokemon Amethyst (Ruby hack and edit)

Started by Crystal Sonata, 06, February, 2012, 02:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durza

Will you be adding in the 4th gen evo's like Magmortar and Weavile as well?

Happiness should stay in if you want my opinion. Though if you wanted to be evil, you could try make something only evolve with zero happiness.

Any special plans for gyms by the way?
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Salanewt

Poliwhirl, hm...

Hey, is it possible to make other items into evolutionary items? What you could do is just make it so the items that normally have to be traded have a use effect, as a sort of character-specific stone.

If not, then Poliwhirl with either a Leaf Stone or a Moon Stone would probably make sense.

As for Happiness, this should definitely stay in.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Crystal Sonata

@Durza,
No, I won't be adding the 4th gen evo's. There is nowhere to put them all in the pokemon data, and adding their graphics and such wouldn't be easy anyway.

I won't really be changing anything in the gym system, but I will be adding extra gems. You won't get badges, but instead for the gyms not included in the game you will get a key item that is required to enter certain areas (If I can implement said items).

@Salanewt (I think), YAPE doesn't allow using other items to do it. If someone can find me a program that allows editing of item effects, I can probably implement that though ^^.

And on a side note, I will keep happiness evos in. People seem to be okay with them. Can someone also post the info (Or link me somewhere that does) regarding Charon's Flying Type? I will see about including it, if possible.

EDIT: Goin to bed. I'll finish up tomorrow and post a beta. I have to get back on a school schedule since I may be going back.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Kide

I'd say lv 40 if you're willing to change it, since Poliwhirl is the lamest from that list.

Creating new evolutionary items is definitely possible, although I think it's not worth it. But changing an existing item into an evolutionary one might be easier. There's probably some tutorial at pokecommunity, so check there if you want. Too bad this is not a GSC hack, it was way easier to create new items there.

Crystal Sonata

agreed. I'll check it out once i get on the computer
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

Crystal Sonata

(Sorry for the double post, but it's the first release :P) UPDATE: Pokemon Amethyst 0.1 Beta is now released. A standard IPS tool such as LIPS will do. Apply to a Pokemon Ruby (U)(Mugs) ROM to get 0.1 Beta. Remember to keep a fresh copy of the ROM so when I release a stable version, you can do a clean patch.

Changes: Evolutionary changes listed above. There is nothing else changed so far.

I am still working in the new maps. After a patch, new maps should appear after exiting and re-entering a town, so you can go ahead and start a save file, and access the new stuff after beating the game.

I have tested it, and the game seems to be functional. After it shows the first screen with the copyright info, you will need to hit your set "A" button to continue. I removed the Mugs Intro from the ROM.

Happy gaming! (Sorry if it's too dull. I promise I will release the new stuff when I can. I don't plan to make the other regions available until after the rest of the game anyway).

PS: I HATE REPLICATING MAPS >.<

Knight of Purgatory

Cool, i'll try it when i'm free.
Thanks for the update Frozenblade
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Crystal Sonata

Alright, as of now, I'm looking for people to create maps. All you need is a copy of Pokemon Ruby (To use it's tilesets to create maps), either Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen to examine and copy the maps from, and AdvanceMap, which can easily be found with google. If you have experience with Advance map, that would be better, But I will teach you how to do it if you don't know how. I will accept maps in the standard format that advance map uses. Feel free to compress them any way you want if you send multiple.

PS: I tried it. Using AM to save the maps from LG and FR into AM's map format, then copying to Ruby, doesn't work, so make sure to create them while you have Ruby open.