News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Role's Signature Project

Started by Rolina, 19, February, 2012, 09:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

@Shini:  If anyone wants to try their hand at the dual-affinity icons, yer more than welcome to.  But right now, I'm pretty much the only one who's done any work here, so...  Yer probably gonna get stuck with it unless someone else decides to pitch in, since that's pretty much the extent of my artistic talent.

@Ranga:  ...You do know Misery's our Forum's artist, right?  Go apologize to them.

@Icon Ideas:  That could work... I could use a variation of the DD logo for balanced.  I'll try some stuff and post what I come up with.  If y'all like it, let me know.  May be a day or two, though - got a meeting in two hours, and going straight to bed after that (god, I'm soooo tired...)

RagnarokEmissary

@Ranga:  ...You do know Misery's our Forum's artist, right?  Go apologize to them.
That's RAGNA. Not Ranga. Hey, Ranga rhymes with Manga, lol.

@Icon Ideas:  That could work... I could use a variation of the DD logo for balanced.  I'll try some stuff and post what I come up with.  If y'all like it, let me know.  May be a day or two, though - got a meeting in two hours, and going straight to bed after that (god, I'm soooo tired...)
Great, glad I finally came up with a good idea ;)

Rolina

RagnarokEmissary

Quote from: Rolina on 24, July, 2012, 12:36:29 PM
I'm tired, lay off... =_=
Hey, I'm laying off. Don't get your knickers in a twist, Roli. It hurts.

Also, that font you've got for the profile text is awesome.

Shinigami

It is probably best that the half- affinity icons stay as they are...
Problem is: the icons used in the signature are wa~y too small for any detail to show up (just tried a half-broken sol emblem as half-sol, it was almost identical to the original sol-emblem when resized)...
So nanoka~

Rolina

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm gonna have to agree with Shini here.  It sounds great in theory, but in practice... well, look for yoruself:

We'd likely just plain need a custom emblem for those two.

Edit:  Added in a version of them with stronger fading.  Still not perfect, but you can actually tell something's happening at least.  Will try once more, this time with scaled fading.

Edit2:  Added scaled fading.  I personally like this one the best of all the fade types, but... I dunno. :/

Misery

Agreed that half-Luna and half-Sol would probably need custom emblems, I doubt anyone would notice the difference unless they knew of it. Now, IMO they're pretty pointless and we could just stick with pure Luna, Sol, or null (wouldn't that be the same as half of each anyway?). Oh well.

By the way, with the text on the top and the psynergies at the bottom, the sig becomes way tall. I'm not sure I'd want to use a signature that tall.

I did indeed make my own portrait... I also wouldn't mind doing the same for others who want to use it in their sig, as long as they know exactly what they want.

On a different note, I should change my character's defense to A and magic to D. Would make him much more badass. *trollface*

Rolina

The other problem is that otherwise, the sig is way too long.  You also loose room for the description.

There's always the option to add something for the side, but what that something is, I'd not be able to tell you, and it just plain wouldn't work for many forums... including this one, I think.  After all, you'd then have a setup like this:

,-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
|                                                                               |
>======================================================================v========<
|                                                                     ||        |
|                                                                     ||        |
>=====================================================================<|        |
`---------------------------------------------------------------------'`--------'

The layout may work in a game, but using HTML or BBCode... I don't think it would.  Also, remember that it's up to the person I make the sig for to determine what they want to display.  It was also design specifically to fit within the then-size limit for signatures.  One option though is to cut the profile in half (stats on top, items on bottom), and then to split that part into three pictures... that'd give the illusion of such a setup.

And I wouldn't mind a more portrait-specific pic for my character either, but let's wait to get the Rank Emblems done first.