Golden Sun Hacking Community
June 24, 2017, 08:40:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golden Sun The Lost Age Editor Open Sourced (Dev alpha v0.5 download inside)  (Read 35580 times)
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 9

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 06:53:01 PM »

Doesn't work if you have your roms sorted, though.  I have a base rom folder, one for experiement A, one for experiement B, one for general testing, one for templates, and one where I put the hacks you guys make.  I don't have any hacks in the same folder as the editor itself - they're all subfolders, so it's not quite as easy to do.

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 08:08:09 PM »

I sort of have mine sorted the same way, but individual hacks have their own folders, status ailment/buff hacks in another, classes in their own, Dark Dawn... Etc. I just copy+paste one when I want to edit it, and it works out nicely in case an unknown glitch in the editor messes it up.

And the Wise One is a Mary Sue!

Hey there! I see you over there, looking at me... Wanna come over for a Milk Drink? ;)
Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.
Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

Coins: 1

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 09:26:25 PM »

sometimes when i import sprites it wont allow me to save, tried changing the compression but no luck... any ideas?
View Profile
Misery
Bad Luck

Great Member

Coins: 2

Clan Position: Mercury Hack Leader

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 09:36:56 PM »

Well... it wouldn't be an alpha if everything worked, right?
View Profile
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 09:44:01 PM »

Well... it wouldn't be an alpha if everything worked, right?

Touché but is there a varible that allows for some images to be imported whilst others not...?
View Profile
Misery
Bad Luck

Great Member

Coins: 2

Clan Position: Mercury Hack Leader

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 09:54:20 PM »

If you're talking about image formats, there are most likely some unsupported ones...
In that case, just convert them to a format that works.
View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

Coins: 0

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 04:37:04 PM »

Kay, for some reason I can't use any of the sprite editing tools at all. The icons for them are there, and the drop-down for tools is there, except that the drop-down actually doesn't drop down when clicked, and the tool icons are just that: icons. They don't do anything when clicked. Not for any of the sprites I've tried.

Edit: Nevermind, then. WHY are all those icons there in the first place if all you do is double-click the sprite?

Edit2: Actually, about the thing earlier with V0.5 not opening unmodified ROMs. I modified the ROM I was using before, and it still wouldn't open.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:00:33 PM by JamietheFlameUser » Logged

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 03:29:22 AM »

@Editor not opening files, I have no idea why that would be happening, I'll look into it.

@Buttons not working:
What does this "Developer Alpha Version" nonsense mean?

This is the in-development version of the editor, it contains features that haven't been completed or fully tested.  No guarantee is made about it's level of polish, or stability.

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 03:32:09 AM »

Yeah, yeah, I know. No need to get sarcastic.

View Profile
Kioll
Pyromancer

I'm a Mars Adept! You know, red hair, bad temper?

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 05:19:04 PM »

From what I've been doing as of late, I've determined that the program's a bit temperamental on that.  Sometimes I can use the open feature to open a ROM (base or not), and sometimes I can't.  Also, when you use drag and drop, there's a small error that runs.  I'm not sure what the error is, but to my knowledge, it doesn't effect anything important.

I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 06:31:35 PM »

So why are you guys looking to atrius?  The thing's open source now.

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 07:58:30 PM »

It seems to depend on the ROM. Also, when using the drag-and-drop function, I get a string of errors that eventually starts looping infinitely. Someone who knows GML should go fix it if possible.

View Profile
Takumi
The Former Leader of Mercury
Mercury Clan

I am: meditating in water.
Clan Position: Master Healer of Mercury

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2012, 08:06:38 AM »

@Role, seems this is still a bug reporting area for those that know how to fix it to gather stuff to fix. That's my logic at least. I'm not too skilled in the program coding department, but i'll take a look and see if i can fix anything.

Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2012, 09:21:12 AM »

Um, Frozen, what I'm saying is that people now have the ability to take these bugs on themselves, so we shouldn't be just leaving it to atrius.

View Profile WWW
Takumi
The Former Leader of Mercury
Mercury Clan

I am: meditating in water.
Clan Position: Master Healer of Mercury

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2012, 09:39:17 AM »

I know, but I think people are using this to post their bugs so that other people who know how to do it can fix it.

Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.
View Profile
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 02:25:42 PM
Seto Kaiba: you know I miss how SMF is almost dead now because having 1pt text to hide my true feels was perhaps the best part of web 2.0
Yesterday at 04:19:13 AM
Fox: Alright. Sounds good.  I agree it does seem a bit silly.  Sounds more of an April Fools type of thing. (Maybe having an ability for people to change their names limitless times specifically on April Fools is an idea.)
Yesterday at 04:09:25 AM
Kain: Sala asked me about the name, I thought it was silly but agreed he could have it only for a week.  Tomorrow his name goes back to Salanewt.
Yesterday at 03:29:10 AM
Fox: And yay! Atrius is back! Thanks for the reply. Somehow I didn't notice the recuriveness before.
Yesterday at 03:25:29 AM
Fox: @ridiculous name for a week =  Hm? So, how many characters would you say should be the maximum to have a name "permanently"... or better yet... How many characters can a name have on registration?
Yesterday at 01:00:50 AM
Atrius: @Javi3, Lo siento, ya no tengo tiempo.
June 22, 2017, 08:57:37 PM
Fox: @conundrum = Think about 8/16/32 bit aligned address, and what that means... Etc.
June 22, 2017, 08:55:23 PM
Fox: @Space manager thought for gsmagic = What a conundrum... Whelp... I'll just do whatever.... Probably would waste more time thinking about preventing bugs than coding anyway. :P
June 21, 2017, 09:30:34 AM
Fox: Because he quit a long time ago and has other priorities?
June 21, 2017, 08:35:54 AM
javi3: Atrius, por que no sigues con el editor de golden sun?
June 20, 2017, 10:52:48 AM
Fox: It feels like the safest bet is to do Atrius's repointering system, and have something that organizes the tables done a bit separate... er... Well, it's something to think about.
June 20, 2017, 08:53:41 AM
Fox: HOWEVER... I can see other problems that might cause..... (Even with just the pointer in the MFT)  Meh. It's like you actually need a program to apply patches to do it appropriately.
June 20, 2017, 08:46:38 AM
Fox: ... So... What am I thinking? You ask? That the patches the point data after MFT, should have had pointers in the MFT themselves.... In that case, I can see a possibility of everything working smoothly even if space is needed to the very end of the ROM.
June 20, 2017, 08:37:22 AM
Fox: It's basically that everthink from the point of  editing, to the closest free space to the last entry's address would get repointed forward/backwards depending on space needed... and if space is mapped after patches are added, then that could mean the patches are also repointed. (:o)
June 20, 2017, 08:29:03 AM
Fox: Well, I mean if I map the space out the same way Atrius did it.
June 20, 2017, 08:26:41 AM
Fox: I have a hunch... when I add Map Palette editing the way I'm thinking about... it will cause all patches that repoint to after the MFT to break.... Especially if Atrius's editor wasn't used beforehand. Etc.
June 20, 2017, 07:27:17 AM
Fox: Hmmm... Let's see... regardless of method, I think I still do want to take some of Atrius's Space Manager code... Hmm.....
June 20, 2017, 07:07:27 AM
Fox: say*
June 20, 2017, 07:07:19 AM
Fox: I'd go so far as to see.. even if you are trying to be accurate, there could still be inaccuracies... However, that one was just an example where it was clearly intentional.
June 20, 2017, 07:04:03 AM
Fox: Like*

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise