News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Activity - The Power of Posters

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 18, October, 2012, 09:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder-squall

Thunder Squall for the win!---THUUNDERRRRrrr!

But in terms of stats, it'd be interesting to be able to categorize posts based what was posted about, rather than who posted.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Maybe that would be worth trying one day? (But it might take more time?) For now, you can just click the "Show the last posts of this person." that you see in Member Profiles... Atleast you know which members to look at when we have an active members list. (Or you could go the old fashion way and view all the forums.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Misery

The majority of my recent posts are before January 3rd... what happened to them? I feel cheated. Not really.

They popped off the Recent Posts list, that's what happened to them. But yeah, you posted quite a few posts on Jan. 3rd that didn't get counted on my list because it was before the specified time. I suppose I should go and update all those numbers to include the entire month for each member... - which I might do later in the month.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Thunder-squall

just figured out how to look at forum stats a few days ago.  Those are amazing!  Is that normal for forums, or did Atrius or whomever do some custom coding for the site?

Normal for SMF forums, I believe. If it was something non-trivial that Atrius added, I have a feeling it would have been posted in the News & Announcements forum. (For example, Atrius once added the Downloads section. Also, I think the Cbox was an add-on as well... both are likely from third-party add-ons that he didn't make from scratch himself.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Thunder-squall

Pretty cool.  I used Geocities back in the day to make some websites, but I really didn't know how to make good use of their widgets and add ons.  I kind of wished I tried to make a forum, rather than page-based sites, but I guess I sort of moved on to other interests before then.  I was also pretty busy with school, and tended to spend my free time doing stuff other than socializing (on the web).

But these forums are pretty awesome.  I can see why someone would want to keep them around, even if they're not used all that much...  I kind of want to try my hand at it now...