Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 17, 2018, 07:04:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Immigration  (Read 6158 times)
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 04:36:02 AM »

There's also the fact that I live on a border state and can see the direct effects of illegal immigration.  That's got quite a bit of influence for me, some of it personal.

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 01:51:28 AM »

I live next to a home depot that closed down.  I don't particularly care for the cat calls that the illegals shoot my way.  I wish they'd find another hardware store instead of standing around outside of our apartment complex all day.  I wish the cops in our town were worth a damn too, so that they'd do something about it.

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

Coins: 0

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 02:57:19 AM »

@Role: Now your vehement disapproval makes PLENTY more sense. Once it's personal, it's personal, after all. I assumed you were just being a random political fanatic!

/brick'd

X.x

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 03:21:09 AM »

Nope, I just don't wanna get raped.

It's something that I have personal experience with.  Now, I don't have problems with legal immigrants, most of them are very nice.  And even try to speak english.  They very much want to be part of this country, and it shows.

Illegals, though... Let me be bluntly honest when I say I'm concerned for my safety around them.  It's not a political thing with me.  Again, I live where this is actually an issue - I know first hand what the truth is like.

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 04:02:45 AM »

Another thing I know is that unlike what the media wants you to believe, the legals I have met really despise illegals.  After all the hard work and dedication they showed to get here, the illegals just waltz on in and take stuff.  It really pisses them off.

And again, this is the people I personally know.

View Profile WWW
zman9000
Golden sun fan/Map Builder
Luna Clan

Lord Zed

Excellent Member

I am: A guy who just really likes golden sun

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 06:08:30 PM »

Whats been making me mad is how the news has been making the illegals look like the good guys and for some crazy reason have more rights then us??? Sure getting past our border is an achievement, and their reward should be launched back back over the fence by strapping a rocket to their leg and firing them over.

illegal: but i have a baby!
zman: its OK don't worry.

*zman straps the baby to the illegal*
WOSHHHHHHHHHHHhhHHHHHH!!!!!!!

O and those @#$ holes who think we will mix up people who came across legally.
if you can't speak English, your either a baby, a foreigner, or an illegal. those who can't speak English shouldn't even be a american citizen, in fact I don't think you can become one with knowing it.
*zman rages some more*

Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 10:15:27 AM »

Aye, they are villainizing law enforcement and trying to make the criminals seem sympathetic.  The media tends to lean liberal, even CNN is about a 3:1 Liberal:Conservative lean.  I think Fox are the only ones who don't do this, though they lean closer to 2:3 (though they claim 1:1, I'm not too sure about that).  I could go on about media bias, but that should be for another topic.

View Profile WWW
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

Coins: 11

Emblems: GBA Music Expert
Clan Position: Trickster Goddess of Luna

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 06:03:08 PM »

To be honest, it really irks me when people give sympathy to illegal immigrants.

Now, unlike Role's situation, its not really an issue where I live, because most Canadians come in legally. But you see, my FATHER had to go through a bunch of bullshit just to be able to LIVE and WORK in this country, and it pisses me off to a great extent that people from Mexico and other central American countries can just dilly dally into here and get a free pass because they're poor. Yeah. Sure. My dad came from England.

But you know what?

He lived in poverty, just like the people coming in from south of the border. Oh, but since England's not considered a "poor country", he doesn't matter, does he?

If they really want to live here so bad, they should go through all the same damn hoops that my father did. They should work towards permanent residence like my father did. And even then, if they broke the law, they'd be outta here - like my brother almost was (he also is an English citizen) a few years back for refusing to pay his taxes. All I really want is an equal interpretation for everyone - if you're going to open the floodgates, feel free to do so, but you better do it with everyone and not just give a select few people sympathy.

By the way, by letting all the people in freely will NOT fix the problem with Mexico, just move it here. Which doesn't do anyone any good. If you really want to fix the problem, fix it by going to the problem's source. But we can't run Mexico for them, so the best we can do is encourage them to fix it by themselves by keeping a strict and UNIFORM immigration policy.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:05:34 PM by Charon the Ferryman » Logged
View Profile

I am: reading.

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 07:20:10 PM »

In the past migration overruled immigration regulation resulting in the establishment of many civilizations across the planet.  You could say illegal immigration has been used by different groups to forcefully or tactically acquire land that belonged to their opposition or neighboring tribes/countries/kingdoms/etc.  In the present we just happen to have a bunch of relatively stable authoritative groups to maintain most of the borders, both natural and declared, existing around the world.
View Profile
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 10:17:49 PM »

Boom.  Topic outta nowhere.

I'd argue that our borders aren't that regulated, and that powerful interests don't want to prevent illegal border crossings--they want to criminalize those who cross over, and in doing so enslave them.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:19:21 PM by Thunder-squall » Logged
View Profile
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:15 PM
Fox: 0200274C = Hmm... Stuff happens here when you use Cyclone around bushes. (These cause tile replacements, and setting event 0 to those tiles.) - And I guess this kept here so it can be scanned after battle. (To re-update the map.) So here is my fun thought (assuming if it is even possible, or even convenient if so.) ... Are there any events from other maps that could be disabled do to using Cyclone on bushes + Retreat glitch? I'll need to do some testing to make sure this isn't an oversight on my

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise