News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

New Class Type Concepts

Started by Salanewt, 02, April, 2012, 08:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

Or several different elemental levels for the item, so like, one that requires mars 5, one with venus 5, one with mercury 5, and one with jupiter 5, or whatevs.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Lol, that's fine Misery. As for the item, what you say is true, but doing it through code would allow you to do more with it too. For example, you could make it so it gives PC1 Class A, and PC2 Class B. Both characters would be able to equip it, but they would adopt different classes from each other. Of course, you could also make it so the item gives you stat bonuses, but it only changes the class one or two characters when equipped.

For elemental levels, I would love it if I could figure out how to add elemental levels and stats to items. Ah... Maybe in the future though.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 12, April, 2012, 04:40:05 PM
Or several different elemental levels for the item, so like, one that requires mars 5, one with venus 5, one with mercury 5, and one with jupiter 5, or whatevs.
Something where one item gives a variety of classes depending on the character, right?  I've done something like that.  Just be warned that it uses a LOT of space, so make sure you keep that in mind and leave room for it.

Salanewt

Okay, so I decided to look into this stuff again, and it turns out that an item has to be "Underwear" if going by the editor's terminology. Therefore, you have to take that into account before you can even use an item to change your class. Not sure if some of these item class setups are possible, but I would think that most of them should still work.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

So you can't write some stuff in the code to make another check for certain types of class changing items?  I still would love to have a class that bases its movesets on the equipped weapon, and I know the game knows how to check for that.  I figure it'd be something like:

If Class Value = X, then check for weapon.
If weapon = axe, then class = slot #
If weapon = sword, then class... etc

or something like that.  Like you said in your first post, this would be something we'd have to manually write into the code.