News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Happy Extended April Fools!

Started by Charon, 03, April, 2012, 03:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

I'm sure you all know of it now, but April Fools FINALLY ended in Charon-Time. I'm currently getting everything back up to normal.

A few things:

:Luna: The April Fools 2012 badge is still up! Feel free to buy it, since it'll be gone forever soon! (as in, at 9PM EST of TODAY soon!)
:Luna: Anyone who had their name changed will be obtaining 5 coins! Whoohoo!
:Luna: Anyone who was banned in any way will be obtaining an additional 3 coins!
:Luna: Anyone who participated in either of these four threads: hOnK!, NEW THEME, WAR AGAINST TEMPLE OF KRADEN, Scientifiy PROOF that the Earth is flat! has received a special badge for having fun with us! Check it out on your profile!

Please please please! If you have any problems with anything, notify me in this topic so I can fix them! I might have an oversight or two, so forgive me! :)

EDIT: Since some people seemed to be worried about the issue, if you also would like your old avatar back, please post a request in this topic. Thanks!

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Oh Love, thanks for the coins. Even though you posted this thread, I'm surprised you didn't reveal the program you used yet. Hehe...

If I had wanted to. I could have created such a program myself quite easily in Visual Basic. chars A-Z are 41-5A and a-z are 61-7A. .. So you compare the charcode to check if it is one of those values. (Using inequalities.), then just go charcode And &HDF and then Or the position of the character (And 1)(<< 5).. which would determine if it is capital or not.

And surely you didn't mean it when you said I was pissing off everyone. http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/charleysdrpepper/bannedfromgshc.png - (Yes, I managed to screenshot this.) I believe it was only those couple:  You, and maybe leaf. Role ofcourse wanted this event over... and Salanewt, and many others (including me) may have thought it was going on for a bit too long as well. It's not good when a "joke" overstays its welcome. All you get is annoyance.

By the way, was I the only one who got "banned"? - When I said I'd PM everyone, I wasn't actually serious.  If I did, it'd only be those that I felt like telling...  And yes, Salanewt, in this case, would be my go-to person. Good thing I had access to him off-site, I guess.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Charon

I was pretty mad from how you were acting, I actually wanted to claim that it was a script we put in the PHP. I was actually thinking about building something that COULD force someone's posts to look in a peculiar manner, but I decided not to do it and did the conversion offsite. If you need further explanation, I don't mind answering any questions via PM, but your ban is different and I cannot go into details in thread. I can however tell you that it does not go against our current strike system we have in place.

If anyone really cares, the program is called "Troll Converter", I attached it to this post if anyone wants to use it. It converts your text into any of the 12 trolls from Homestuck. Convenient if you are trying to impersonate one...

leaf

I'd like to say that this was a thoroughly enjoyable april fools. I think I might even keep this name for a while ;p
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Crystal Sonata

Charon please don't do this next year. I honestly wanted to kill you.

EDIT: Made to look nice since I posted using mobile with no caps or anything.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Rolina

Aye, there's a point where the joke stops becoming funny and you cross the line.

Don't do it again.

Kain

I, for one, enjoyed myself.  A pity some of you don't have a sense of humor.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Aile~♥

You seriously banned people over that?! You know what... just, nevermind. My previous animosity towards you just came back with a vengeance. Talk about abuse of admin abilities. WTH, Charon.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Menaus

I had tons of fun, thanks for doing everything necessary to make it all happen.
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

leaf

So, I just noticed that somewhere in there, I made my 1000th post. Well, whatever it was, I'm sure it was a good one. =p
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

Quote from: Overlord Kain on 04, April, 2012, 10:55:51 AM
Well forgive me for not having a sense of humor after my cousin was murdered.  Clearly I had crossed the line when I didn't wanna have to deal with AFD bullshit after the funeral and thus didn't get online when I got home on Sunday.  Obviously I was in the wrong to expect AFD crap to stay on AFD. >_>

Kain

Quote from: Role on 04, April, 2012, 05:22:53 PM
Quote from: Overlord Kain on 04, April, 2012, 10:55:51 AM
Well forgive me for not having a sense of humor after my cousin was murdered.  Clearly I had crossed the line when I didn't wanna have to deal with AFD bullshit after the funeral and thus didn't get online when I got home on Sunday.  Obviously I was in the wrong to expect AFD crap to stay on AFD. >_>

Quote[10:42:35 AM] Prinny: Oh hell that sucks. Were you close?
[1:59:34 PM] Role: Not particularly.
[1:59:42 PM] Role: But... I'm not good with this stuff.
[1:59:57 PM] Role: I'm gonna have to go there, and instead of being happy to see all my relatives again...
[2:00:06 PM] Role: Pretend that i'm in mourning with them...
[2:00:08 PM] Role: I just...
[2:00:11 PM] Role: I'm not good with this kind of thing.
[2:00:17 PM] Role: It's awkward as hell...
[2:01:29 PM] Role: I mean... this weekend was supposed to be happy.

Forgive me if I don't buy any excuse other than you're annoyed by your cousins death.

Menaus

/start Role rage and drama across the forums. ;)
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Crystal Sonata

Kain.....I just lost all respect for you. Making jokes about someone losing a family member is NOT how a Global Moderator is supposed to act. I had 8 year old admins on my site more mature than that.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Kain

You think I'm joking?  That's a laugh.  How is anything in my comment a joke?  Seriously, give me an answer.  Also, which site are you talking about?  The clone of GSHC you made when you first arrived?  Why you have eight year old kids running it is beyond me, but I can garner a few guesses.

Honestly Frozen, hearing you say you have no respect for me is kind of relieving.  I have no respect for you either based on a lot of things you've done in the past.

Salanewt

I'm not sure if I have said anything on it so far, but I just loved April Fools this year! I'm not too sure if the bans were in everyone's best interests, but it was funny overall, and they were compensated for it when it all ended.

Oh boy, if this year was awesome, then will next year be epic?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Maybe you'll find out exactly how fun it is to get banned?  Then having to go use something like a proxy or something just to read comments as a guest.

If she has done it last year and this year, I'm sure there is a good chance she could do it next year, as well. Though, I think she should take some slightly different approach to it. Having to wait for the whole joke to end to come back is like.. meh.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Kain

>Implying we weren't banned last year for the slowpoke revolution

Or were you even around for that?

>If she has done it last year and this year,

This implies that y'all did get banned.

>Maybe you'll find out exactly how fun it is to get banned? 

This is a message replying to Salanewt, but I cannot remember if he was specifically banned or not. ... He probably did, actually. ... But I forget for how long.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Kain

IIRC he was banned for like...a day or two.