News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Open server

Started by Crystal Sonata, 06, April, 2012, 08:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crystal Sonata

So I have this server.....It's open and unused right now. I don't host a website on it anymore, but there it sits, right next to me hooked up to a second monitor. And as I was looking at it this morning, I thought "Why not let the community use it?". So there you have it. I have an open server for anyone who needs hosting for something, whether it be a game server, a web server, or multiple thingie-majigs at once.
If you want use of it, just let me know, And I'll set up whatever on there on a free port, and let you have at it. Specs are listed below:

8GB of RAM and a 3.1Ghz x64 processor (This thing has never heard of the word "Slow")
2TB of disk space, so it can fit just about anything and everything.
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (I bought it for home use, but I have another computer so I turned it into a server)

Connection:
6Mbps downspeed
768Kbps upspeed

If you have any other inquiries, just reply here and I'll get back to you.

Ports Claimed:
53 and 80 (RoC on PokemonGTS. He is an old friend who needs a new GTS server)
25565 (Minecraft paid Server) (Off until requested)
25566 (MineCraft classic Server) (Off until requested)

Permanent Hostname: cofclan.org:(Whatever port you are using)
Permanent Static IP: 99.89.87.97
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

zman9000

well this is interesting. wasn't there talk of having a gshc server for minecraft just a bit ago? Not that I'd be able to work on it at the moment, but would anyone be interested in setting up a minecraft server?

I my self would like to set up a terraria server. but not sure I could run it at the moment.

Well this was a good idea FrozenBlade. I'm sure some one will come up with a good use for the server.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Crystal Sonata

Minecraft classic and Minecraft paid version servers ready to go. Minecraft classic server running on http://www.minecraft.net/classic/play/60f7b9f122c4d0b4a5d11272947228af

Minecraft paid server is running, but the IP on the server is dynamic. Until I can get a new domain name for the server, I won't be able to give a static way to use it.

Too many instances of the word "Server"....I feel like i'm in a restaurant.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

Knight of Purgatory

MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Crystal Sonata

Whenever I can get ahold of the proper guys in AT&T, I have cleared the funding for 8 static IP addresses. This server shall get one of them. 3 will be unusable. That leaves 4 that will be unused, until I get new servers. And I shall eventually. I also dug up an old domain name that will be totally unrelated to the server's use, but I can still use it for DynDNS until I get said static IPs. Everyone will get a subdomain of their choice. I will add the minecraft server on it once I get the domain name's nameservers switched over. I will also list the ports used, and their respective subdomain on the first post.

Rolina

Just one question - can we connect directly, or do we have to use that workaround program thing... don't really remember the name... hamachi, I think?

Crystal Sonata

Direct, the server is opened directly to the internet. No hamachi required- Though I do have it looming around somewhere....Basically, when I put something on a port, I disable the firewall for said port. The IP is already public through the router, so no extra config is required there. The server has no private IP, nor firewall blocking from the router, meaning no hassle connecting to it.

Rolina

Good.  I hate things that require hamachi - I shouldn't have to install a go-around program just to play on a server.

Crystal Sonata

On the phone with my ISP as we speak, getting the static IPs.

Crystal Sonata

Static IP is in, and I'm still looking for things to put on here. Anyone want anything?

EDIT: Oops sorry, just realized that I was the last poster....Merge please?

Crystal Sonata

Almost 2 weeks

A bump for the server's sake.

I've had the static IPs up for a good while, and I have 5 different servers running (I improvised, so now all 5 of the static IPs have a server). This is still open for anyone who needs it. Anything goes, no matter how much resources required. I can and will set stuff up myself for you, just request it. Please note though, that they are windows OS only (Main server is on Win 7, the other 4 less powerful ones are on XP)