News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

So I Just Randomly Came Back on a Whim

Started by Menaus, 12, March, 2012, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menaus

What's up?

Looks like the clans are dead (Or at least, Venus Clan).
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Rolina

What are you talking about?  I don't think clans have ever really been that active.

Menaus

Venus Clan was active when I was around.
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Rolina

Eh, if any clan had the ability to be active, it'd be you guys, what with your crazy membership amounts and all.

Jupiter has like, four members...

Salanewt

I guess so, but few of them really do anything. I mean, the last post was on December 4th, and there have only been a few posts in five or six other topics since 2010.

But yeah, welcome back.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

jupiter - more strict rules - less members - wind is more free and open - is less free and open
venus - less strict rules - most members - earth is more rigid and conformed - is more free and open

Now i'm no scientist but i think i found something.  :idea:
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Menaus

I think being clan-less will be fine for now. No rules or any special requirements to live by.

The only thing I'll miss is the separate board restricted to certain people. I guess I like having a community within a community (Clanception!?).

Rolina

Quote from: zman9000 on 13, March, 2012, 11:06:54 PM
jupiter - more strict rules - less members - wind is more free and open - is less free and open
venus - less strict rules - most members - earth is more rigid and conformed - is more free and open

Now i'm no scientist but i think i found something.  :idea:
You do realize that our "Strict rules" are basically:

Please don't make posts that embarrass the hell out of us.  At least try to use good grammar and spelling.

And were specifically created because you were embarrassing the hell out of us with your fifty emotes a post and complete disregard for the english language, right?

Basically, the ONLY rule in jupiter is "don't type like an idiot".

zman9000

well yes the emote thing, but.
QuoteAt least try to use good grammar and spelling.
I do try, and fail so hard. most of the time I catch it in time. you can look at any of my posts. if you look you will see most if not all have been edited once or more. this is because i spelled something dead wrong or don't even have the right words for it to make sense. same for my Skype messages.

I was raging more then I should have at role and emote spammed the sh*t out of the forum. but this was related to me sucking at spelling. I took it to far, got yelled at, and had Charon remove me from Jupiter.

I've never been able to get spelling of most words down. In fact most of the bigger words (more then 8 letters) have been typed into Google to get the correct spelling.
I'm 20 years old and know I should be able to spell. I had disliked people talking about it so much I would tend to flip out.
Some times taking a breath and talking things out can fix it.
Both me and role didn't talk it out, and when you put two 'piranhas' in the same puddle one will get eaten.

Lastly, Role isn't stupid, and as much as I'd love to prove her wrong, when I joined I wanted to join Venus (which she pointed out after reading just a few of my posts), but they said it was full at the moment. My second choice was Jupiter.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

Aye, I'm not stupid, and will call you out for BS like "we have strict rules".  Please.  We just want our members to show proper netiquette is all!  Even Sala started to crack down on some of the stuff being done by Venusians back then - very few people make those horrible posts anymore, so basically you could say that every clan has this rule.

Jupiter just happened to write it down.

Menaus

Well, at least you two didn't start arguing. It happens a lot here.

zman9000

Ideas shall clash in an all out brawl! One will make their ideas heard. One shall fail and be ignored. Only here at the Golden Sun Hacking Community!!!

If this doesn't describe the site, I don't know what does. In a hack like the community hack... you can't have everything your way. which is why i have zero expectations for my character in the hack... lol... ... :(