News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Yoshi Fan Club

Started by Salanewt, 14, April, 2012, 08:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

I can't believe that one of these doesn't already exist, so I figured that I would make an official topic where we can talk about Yoshi! He's just so great. He's so smooth, round, and incredibly cute! Aaaaah, I LOVE YOSHI! I wish I could roll around and ride him in real life, that would be spectacular! So yeah, this topic is for talking about the almighty dino that we all know as Yoshi.

All hail Yoshi, for he is the greatest being in video game history!

P.S. I forgot to ask something. Since Yoshi is just a single member of an entire species, what is your favourite colour of Yoshi?

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Durza

Green Yoshi is the best. It's the only one with a driving license.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Kain

Blue Yoshi, master race reporting in.  Who needs a drivers license when you can fly?
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Aile~♥

Tricolour Yoshi says hello. It's better than all of the others. Flying, fire, and earthquakes! What now, guys? WHAT NOW?!?
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Hehe, this is true. Come to think of it though, Yoshi has also had the ability to alter gravity in one of his games. Combining everything that every Yoshi has ever had could probably allow for an ultimate Yoshi of sorts - flying, fire, earthquakes, gravity, fast speed, transformations, and even invincibility. Ah, so exciting just to think about it!

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Crystal Sonata

I've never really gone in depth with the Yoshi games, but I rather like the green one, seeing as how he is the "Original" Yoshi.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

RagnarokEmissary

My favourite colour of Yoshi? ALL OF THEM! Yoshis are so fricken cute.

QuoteI wish I could roll around and ride him in real life, that would be spectacular!
ME TOO♪

Jiten

Quote from: Overlord Kain on 14, April, 2012, 08:52:16 PM
master race reporting in.

Dinosaur's apparently can do racial superiority as well.  I wouldn't consider riding on the yoshi for that would make me a big target.  Especially since he may be very big and may consume other people.  It'd be like a live action version of Rampage: World Tour.  He's ok in my books though, save for his voice.  It never seemed ok for me.  Alas, It'd be fun to ride on top of one once or twice.

RagnarokEmissary

QuoteEspecially since he may be very big and may consume other people.
He just shits 'em out as eggs, though.

Jiten

Quote from: RagnarokEmissary on 15, April, 2012, 08:15:06 AM
QuoteEspecially since he may be very big and may consume other people.
He just shits 'em out as eggs, though.

I wonder how big the eggs would be and what contents would be in the eggs ?  That's an answer we'll never find out anytime soon.  Those eggs would probably take out buildings by the chunks.

I'd be in the news for sure.

Durza

Actually, Yoshis only turn turtles and goomas and the like into eggs. It'll spit out people and Toads and such without a scratch... though they would probably be wet.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Kain

Well on Smash Bros., anyone Yoshi gobbles down on will be trapped inside an egg.  Although unlike the Goombas, Koopas, Shy Guys and the like, it's entirely possible to escape the egg.

Durza

Interesting. In the Super Mario Bros Wii game, when he eats Luigi or one of the others, he just spits them out again, or they can jump out of his mouth.

Kain

Yes, he can hold things in his mouth for an indefinite amount of time.  On SMW, he would swallow a koopa shell after holding it for so long.  I know on NSMBW about the whole spitting thing because I saw that video where they got Luigi like...thirty or so lives by spitting him onto everything and never letting him touch the ground.

Salanewt

While in Yoshi's Story, none of them can even hold monsters in their mouths due to the auto-swallow mechanic... Meh, lol.

Super Mario 64 DS, I think Yoshi can only have one egg at a time, but he can't swallow shells if I recall... And I forget for sure, but I think he has the same deal in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Jiten

That question was taken to the next level and poorly worded in my context.  I was literally referring to how the insides of our green dinosaur can digest enemies, only to end up as eggs.  As in, the internal organ system.  The nitty gritty, as some would call it.

Wolf

Yoshi Story's "Piranha Grove" was a top pick of mine.  My record was always safe here along with the records set on a few of the tougher levels.

Random boss picture from the game:

mickbrown

My yoshi is green everytime!!!!