News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Minecraft: Weyard Complete Map (WIP)

Started by CelestOrion, 27, May, 2012, 01:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CelestOrion

I've realized that I have not been active here at all for quite a long time, and I do apologize for that. Life has been changing for me, getting a full-time job at a call center, getting engaged, blah blah.

Well, to try and make up for lost time, and having some Golden Sun-related things to share with the community, I thought I'd share some screenshots of the project I'm doing on my Minecraft server.

Yes, I have just enough of no life that I'm recreating all of Weyard, with as close to the same puzzles as I can replicate from the GS games. I don't have too much to show for right now, but here's a screenie of Vale that I did thus far.

I take any criticism or input that any of you might have for me. If you feel like joining and helping out, shoot me a PM and I'll give you server details.

Peace for now.

zman9000

finally some one other then me doing something like this!

but i have to ask? is it 1:1 scale? i figured out a formula for the dimensions from golden sun too Minecraft using the lost age editor.
the scale is every block on the x access and the z access is = to one block in minecraft. and since the vertical walls are 2 and a half high. 2 and a half blocks vertical = 3 minecraft blocks.
I used this which made it possible to figure out the size of the room and shows where the walls end on the bottom of the screen since there's that weird camera angle to work off.
also i tested it out and you can make a light house 1:1  scale including the inside and out side. rooms don't over lap what so ever in any areas.
I have a 2/3 finished map of the island and dungeon where you get the the summon catastrophe.

the only things that over lap are towns and the rooms inside the buildings. so my plan was to use something like the nether and portals for going from the inside of buildings to the outside.

finally I got most of the traps and systems working... except for... THE F-ING ROLLING LOGS.

And that's what I've done so far. (and with out OP so took a while) so I hope my notes help you finish this well.
The one thing I was hoping for was some one to make a golden sun texture pack and mod. but o well, you work with what you have.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

CelestOrion

It's not necessarily a 1:1 scale, since I took a tad bit of creative input by making the houses fairly accurate on the inside, then expanding the walls on the outside to reflect it a bit. What I'm going to do with the world map is make it like the original one, and when you go into a 'town block', it'll warp you to a different world where that town is, and whenever you leave the town, it warps you back to the world map in the appropriate spot.

EDIT: Got a bit of WIP footage of Vale and the start of Sol Sanctum on my Youtube if you wish to check it out. Here's the link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvhjOqDeRnc

Aile~♥

Looks pretty good, so far. You're gonna need to find some way to make the armours, though. I dunno how you're gonna do that. Also, may I recommend glowstone in place of torches? I think it would work better.

P.S. Also just found some of your old music on newgrounds. That piece from RPG Maker DS is just about the best battle theme ever, IMO.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]