News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Battle character set of Alex

Started by DarkShuyin, 14, June, 2012, 06:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkShuyin

I recently found these on the internet, prob some asian who made this. now my question is, can this be imported in the TLA editor? or a tool that can swap his set with..for example piers? (or an eight member? :D)

Rockisftw

Dunno about that but that sure is nice ^^
If one is to gain something, they must take it from someone else.
Such is the end effect of the Law of Equivilent Exchange. In the end, each breath you take is one you are taking from another person.
So, how does that make you feel when someone dies of deprivation?

If white people are white due to living in a climate with moderate sun and snow, and black people are black due to the large amounts of melanin in their skin caused by living under the taxing sun, why are asians [slanty eyed and yellow]?
Veryy intresting once I looked this up, it came up with "due to harsh conditions involving strong sunlight, strong winds [therefore, dust being kicked up]. It makes sense if you think about it, but thats the reason? Haha, trolololol.

Zach

Atrius (He/Him)

Yes you can import images with the sprite editor.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

DarkShuyin

Quote from: Atrius on 15, June, 2012, 12:52:10 AM
Yes you can import images with the sprite editor.

Awesome! How do I do that? o.o

Aile~♥

You wouldn't want to use those sprites, anyway. GS adds the casting effect afterwards, so having that in the cast animation would result in seeing double. But yeah, V0.5 can import sprites.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

DarkShuyin

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 15, June, 2012, 10:35:39 AM
You wouldn't want to use those sprites, anyway. GS adds the casting effect afterwards, so having that in the cast animation would result in seeing double. But yeah, V0.5 can import sprites.

Allright then I'll search for the 0.5 version, I got the 0.4 one I think

Aile~♥

It's still a development build, so it has a few bugs, but you can do all the sprite editing you want with it. The editing interface is a bit confusing, however.

DarkShuyin

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 15, June, 2012, 11:22:23 AM
It's still a development build, so it has a few bugs, but you can do all the sprite editing you want with it. The editing interface is a bit confusing, however.

Guess I'll take a look at it, where can I find the 0.5 version?

Aile~♥

Most recent topic in News & Announcements has it.

DarkShuyin

I'll have to convert it to 16x16, but I'll suspend that matter until I find the whole battle char, with the hacking moves and what not.

I either have to find the whole thing somewhere, sometime.
or ask someone to make it.

Someone had a video with a playable Kraden in it, so it should be possible, and the last picture makes it look like the guy got it all with Alex..

I'll get back to that xD

Atrius (He/Him)

I made that video.

Battle sprites are 64x64, and I doubt a full sheet exists for Alex.  All I ever found was the same ones you have.

To import image files as sprites, in the sprite editing interface double click on the sprite you want to edit in the sprite set for the character to open the image editor.  At the top left of it there's an options button with a selection for loading from an image.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

DarkShuyin

Quote from: Atrius on 16, June, 2012, 03:36:11 AM
I made that video.

Battle sprites are 64x64, and I doubt a full sheet exists for Alex.  All I ever found was the same ones you have.

To import image files as sprites, in the sprite editing interface double click on the sprite you want to edit in the sprite set for the character to open the image editor.  At the top left of it there's an options button with a selection for loading from an image.

So that sheet it is then..
I found the part where you can edit and load a new sprite. I only have to resize the sheet in order for the editor to accept it. I'll probabaly edit the Younger Isaac's battle char for it, in case it's possible to get an eight party member, or I'll have to edit Piers/Mia

Atrius (He/Him)

You'll have to edit an existing party member.

DarkShuyin

Quote from: Atrius on 16, June, 2012, 07:31:29 PM
You'll have to edit an existing party member.

Piers it is then, I'll just have to edit them over and over, in order to use them both.
that's a good price to pay in order to get Alex playable.

Edit:

Can't seem to properly resize the sheet I got, It won't let my import it >.<

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

I've just tested, and I have to say importing does work.

Here's a sample image. (Background is black on purpose.)

You should make the 48x48 sprites in the spritesheet into 64x64 individual images. I did them in PNG. It would be nice if we could import a whole spritesheet, though.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

DarkShuyin

Quote from: Teawater on 16, June, 2012, 10:06:47 PM
I've just tested, and I have to say importing does work.

Here's a sample image. (Background is black on purpose.)

You should make the 48x48 sprites in the spritesheet into 64x64 individual images. I did them in PNG. It would be nice if we could import a whole spritesheet, though.

All of that is unknown ground to me, I'm no editor no spriter.
I have no idea how to make a sprite sheet, how to adjust it and how to resize it >.>
I'm just a guy a who wants to play with Alex haha =_=''

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Oh, I see. You are a complete newbie?

Well, I can tell you one thing. You're going to need to set the dimensions in a paint document.

I use Paint.NET. (Note: This is not the same Paint document you find built-in to your computer.) http://www.getpaint.net/

Step 1: Assuming you have the Alex spritesheet saved on your computer, open it in a paint document. (Ex: Paint.NET.)
Step 2: Do File => New. So we can have something to make the individual images with. The Width and Height here should be 64x64.
Step 3: Go back to the spritesheet, (first image.) Use the Tools window to select the 48x48 images. (Use the first tool in the first column to select pixels in the image, and the second tool in the second column to resize this selection.
Step 4: Once you've got what you want selected you can Ctrl+C to copy. ; You then should go to the other 64x64 canvas we created to paste this image. (Ctrl+V)
Step 5: Now is when you can do any edits you want, like resizing by dragging the nodes (The first tool in the second column should be selected.), etc.
Step 6: You can save this image when you are done, and it is ready to be placed in the editor.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Teawater on 16, June, 2012, 10:06:47 PMIt would be nice if we could import a whole spritesheet, though.
Though it's not working yet, that's one of the functions the tools button on the main sprite editor interface should have.

DarkShuyin

Hmm being the newbie I am, I even failed to understand those steps >.>
I downloaded the program, and first I tried to paste the ''Alex Downed'' state in the charset as that sprite didn't appear in it

This one:

That already looked bad >.<
And well.. the rest failed too.
I suck at Photoshop, so the moment I started the program I thought to myself ''oh no..''
haha