News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Representing

Started by zman9000, 03, July, 2012, 07:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman9000

Had an idea for a little discussion that i thought would be interesting.

There many different things that we have made and call by certain names, and we put those things in categories to make identifying what those things are easier.
But some of the categories are kinda large don't do well to describe said group as a whole. could be a type of animal, some form of entertainment, or even some type of device or something.

So this topic you will say what you think would be the best example to represent certain things, and then explain why.

some of the ones i thought of are:
Which video game would you pick to be a representation for all video games?
What living thing would you pick to represent life
NASA put a certain song in a probe that is way out in space to represent mankind should aliens find it, what would you use, object, song, exc, to represent mankind?

the thing is, some people may thing one of the things is kinda bad and give a bad representation.
some one may think that the human race is awesome and have good reasons for it, but some one else could point out the bad things as examples.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

leaf

First question: This is just gonna become a flamewar so I won't even touch it.
Second: We're humans, so naturally we think human-centric. So I'd probably pick a human, or if not, some kind of plant, since without plants, most of the life on this planet could not exist.
Third: Flamewar territory again, but not as bad. The "safest" choice would be some sort of classic.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]