News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Question about TLA (Monster Loadouts)

Started by VanishMantle, 30, July, 2012, 12:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanishMantle

Thanks again for the info Teawater. I finally Get it now. For the battle Collections IE the groups of battles that may be in say x31 how could i edit that particular group if I wanted too. I have no problem going through the game and adjusting the rooms to consolidate battle collections but I would like to be able to preserve as much of the original battle Collections if possible while being able to essentially create new ones that I could assign to a room.

Again without a doubt I could never have been able to grasp this without your help!

EDIT:

It seems every time I try to edit something via a hex editor it breaks gets an error when I try to load it in the editor. I am not sure why it is doing though. I get the follow error after making the changes in a hex editor,

ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: User Defined 1
for object obj_editor_sys:

Error opening binary file.

EDIT:

Nevermind I figured out why I was getting this error -____-... I forgot to close the the Hex Editor before oping the TLA editor...

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

If by creating new ones, you mean adding more entries to the table, then that may require repointing the entire table.  Which I think shouldn't be too difficult if the hex editor you are using has a mass-copy feature. ; You just simply copy the table to another location with enough available free space, and update all the pointers that point to the old location of where the table was.  This applies to any table you want to add entries to.

-To search for pointers, you search the start address of the table. (If you are using a program similar to like say windhex, it might need to be entered in reverse byte.) For example, if your table starts at x08123456, you search for "56341208". Also the addresses of all the pointers should be 32-bit aligned. (Which means the last character of the addresses of the pointers will be 0, 4, 8, or C.) When repointing, it is strongly recommended to keep the table on a 32-bit boundary, since for example, reading 16-bits on an address ending in an odd number might not be read correctly.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

VanishMantle

Thanks again Teawater. I may hold off on that and Just work around current battle groups which should be fine as there seem to be quite a few dupes or ones that have like a minor enemy change.