News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

It Would Be Cool If... (hacking)

Started by Salanewt, 16, June, 2009, 08:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

Spear Pillar may not be evil, but at the time when you go there in the story, lots of evil is happening there. And the music sure is evil, isn't it?

Mop-head returns!  

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jul 3 2009, 03:38 PM
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

That does make sense, yes. Maybe it could replace Agatio and Karst's theme?

Anyway, an idea for a new weapon... Maybe there should be a second trident, but it does not work like the normal Trident. Actually, how about making the trident related to Groudon, then have Kyogre replace Poseidon?

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Na, maybe the evil theme other than Saturos and Menardi's theme.

I was thinking it would replace this one.

Salanewt

Oh, the Wise One's appearance theme on top of Mars Lighthouse? I think it would be a good idea to replace that one with Spear Pillar. I am also thinking of changing Lemuria's music to be the Super Mario World underwater music.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

That music doesn't only happen when the Wise One appears on Mars Lighthouse. It happens at other times too. Yeah, the Mario underwater theme could be neat.

Another boss idea: Before you get to Meta Knight on the Halberd, you have to go through the Main Cannon. Yes, you have to fight an ion cannon. It can:

A) Blast you with an ion cannon shot for an insane amount of damage. (It can down the Warpstar and Dyna Blade in one hit, after all.) Edit: It should do about 500 to the primary target, and 250 to the secondary targets, and 125 to the last person.

B) It can mortar you with bombs. Quite damaging, but not as lethal as the Ion Cannon.

C) It can basic attack you with it's robotic arm. Not very bad if you ask me.

D) It can do something akin to Death Plunge using it's robotic arm. Pretty much a one-hit KO on a single target.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jul 2 2009, 05:53 PM

Salanewt

Hm... I like these ideas. I have another idea for an enemy... How about a Pokemon trainer, which can have about 800 HP, and its Pokemon has a few thousand? The Pokemon trainer can Revive the Pokemon though, and the Pokemon is... What should it be? How about Mewtwo?

I like you idea about having to fight the cannon. It sounds like it would be a strong boss, but how high would its agility be?

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

It's really slow. It is only a cannon after all. You've played Meta Knight's stage in Brawl right? Well, the cannon is featured on that stage. So, you can check it out.

Ideas for stats for the Cannon:

Weaknesses: Earth, Water
Resistance: Wind.

HP: 5120
PP: 0
Attack: 365
Defence: 127
Agility: 53
Luck: 99
Attacks 2 times per turn.
Moveset:
56/256: Attack.
47/256: Bomb Mortar: Power is 150, target all, Fire type.
41/256: Spinning Beat.
35/256: Total Defence.
29/256: Bazooka Blast: Power is 230, single-target, Fire type. Visually, a single bomb is fired straight at the target.
17/256: Death Driver: Visually, the cannon's robotic arm picks up the target, lifts them up high, then smashes them into the ground. This move is a one-hit KO against a single target that automatically has a 100% chance of functioning, Jupiter-type.
11/256: Ion Cannon: Visually, the cannon charges up, fires a huge blue beam straight towards the target. Power is 500, but damage halves from one target level to the next. 5-target, Wind type.

Anyway, about your Pok

Salanewt

Actually, yes, I have played Meta Knight's stage in the past. I think that it looks a bit better than some of the others. Anyway, I like your idea about having the Cannon as a boss. I think that I should start designing the graphics and sprites for these things, so they can be added to the game when the sprite/graphic editor is finished.

I have another idea for a place... How about a new Lighthouse themed area, based on Ganon's Tower? Also, another good area could be Bowser's Castle as well, not to mention your idea about the Halberd. Another idea... How about it is made possible so you can go underwater in some areas of the Eastern and Western Seas?

Anyway, for bosses, we have:
Meta Knight,
Cannon,
Kyogre/Lugia,
Donkey Kong,
Ganon(dorf),
Bowser,
Pokemon Trainer + Mewtwo...

Like these ideas so far?

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jul 2 2009, 07:47 PM

Aile~♥

You spelled Ganondorf wrong!

And yeah I like the ideas.

Salanewt

Oh wow, I did... Hahahaha! Thanks Jamie, I think it is funny. Anyway, not only did I spell Ganon wrong, but I also added in brackets 'ford'. I guess he looks like a car now, right?

Okay, I will be sure to fix it, but just so people who did not see the incorrect spelling know what I typed, I will type it here.

Gannon(ford).

EDIT: I almost forgot... I am happy that you like the ideas. I am also thinking of changing it so the characters can learn 1 or 2 more pages of psynergy. Also, if I can, then Piers is not going to come with Douse. Instead, I think that it would be a good idea for the Aqua Hydra to drop a Douse Drop.

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jul 2 2009, 07:49 PM

Aile~♥

Yeah, most of this works for me. Remember that for now we don't want to do anything too extreme. This is basically going to become a Smash Bros. RPG, from what I can tell. Maybe once we can edit the Title Screen it will be called Golden Sun 2: Smash Bros. version? XD

Edit: Fixed a bit of punctuation. Lulz, I'm a grammar nut. XD

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jul 2 2009, 11:10 PM

Salanewt

I figured that people would not like it, which is why I said that I am open for other ideas... By the way, do you have any? I will probably keep it, but just in case. Also, for the desert, how about a Desert theme from a Mario game? I will need you to specify which one though. Oh, what about the theme of the first area of Seattle in Shadow Runner (fun game, you should all try it out)? I am trying to think about where that could go, but I have no ideas.

Meta knight will be a Jupiter adept, do not worry. However, I will have to learn where the coding for the other characters is located, so I can duplicate it and make some changes.

Also, I realized that it might be difficult to add bows into the game (with the animation) unless I just make it so it unleashes an arrow, instead of it being the attack.

Ooh, I have an idea... I noticed that there are, lets see...

Isaac's theme,
Felix' theme,
Jenna's theme,
Boss theme 1,
Boss theme 2 (Briggs, Star Magician, etc.),
Doom Dragon theme,
Karst & Agatio & Fire Dragon theme,
Tolbi theme (when you fight the knights, if you transferred data)...

I can not think of any others...

Does Dullahan have his own theme? What about the Bandits?

Anyway, if I can find the data for these songs and when they are played, then it might be possible to add fighting music for different characters. If I can do this, then I will give Ivan and Mia their own themes (Piers has not been in both games, and Garet is Garet). Sheba could share a theme with Mia (not Ivan, so it makes them less like clones). Also, unless/until more characters are added, then there can be only up to 5 people with unique themes (or else one character will have a theme that is never heard).

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

The nice thing about Visual Boy Advance is that I do not think there are the same ROM size limits as there are on a real GBA. So we can add extra characters and Psynergies without too much worry.

Yay for Mario Desert theme! Maybe the Super Mario Bros. 3 Airship theme can be used somewhere as well...

My comment on Meta Knight was because the monster you are currently using as him, or were using as him in the video, was strong against Mercury instead of Jupiter.

Adding bows could be difficult yes, unless you figure out how they did the attacks for Star Magician (since he attacks without moving).

The Bandits use Isaac's theme, and Dullahan uses someone else's theme as well, I think either the Saturos and Menardi battle theme, or the Fusion Dragon battle theme.

Star Magician does not use Boss Theme 2! Briggs and Moapa do. Star Magician uses Saturos' Battle Theme.

There is also the Multiplayer Battle Theme.

Salanewt

Oh yeah... I also noticed that Jupiter Lighthouse does not have its own theme. It shares the music with the Kibombo ceremony theme. So, maybe the Airship theme should go there.

Oh, the monster was? I did not notice that, actually. Oh well, it is something that can be changed. By the way, I replaced an Amaze, so I am not sure if the elemental powers/resistances can be changed very easily yet.

Yeah, that is right. He uses a similar attack to the Froth animation that I found... I tried changing attack to have the same animation, but nothing appeared to change.

Oh, he does? Maybe I should fight the bosses more often. Also, the multiplayer theme... I forgot about that. I also forgot about Saturos & Menardi, and Fusion Dragon themes... What about Deadbeard?

Same as Isaac's theme, cool.

Oh yeah, where should the Super Mario Bros. Theme go? Oh yeah, if I can move Yoshi's Island theme to the Apoji Islands (right name?), then I will try to slowly work on replacing everyone there with Yoshis. I think that the Island is well suited for them. Also, maybe the store there can sell Yoshi related items (not many, but there are Apples).

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

I forget what music Deadbeard has. Maybe Yoshi's weapons should not boost his attack, but should instead boost the power of Egg Throw if possible. Maybe just have them boost his Mercury Power?

Salanewt

I ab thinking of something like that. Also, I could not help but notice that in Yoshi's Story (fun game if you are a Yoshi fan), he can breathe underwater forever. This is another reason why he is a Mercury Adept (even though he will turn around underwater if his belly is facing the surface of the water). Also, I like the idea about Yoshi's weapons. Maybe there could be one or two weapons made for him though... They would have to be Eggs though, so the better idea is to have a move that is called Egg Throw (unless he gets some of his game playing tools, like a golf club, or a tennis racket).

About music, I think that there should be at least 1 Pokemon music (for people who want a Pokemon reference), but I have no idea about which one to choose.

Have a nice day.

Salanewt

That is not a bad idea. Also, I have an idea. Remember how it is called the Golden Sun? Well, the Triforce is the Golden Power, so what if I switch the two? Besides, the Triforce is a little bit more popular and famous than the Golden Sun (1980's > 2000's).

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

Lulz. Yeah, I know that I disagreed with this idea earlier, but considering how Smash Bros.-ish our hack idea is getting, that's a good idea! Also, what if we added Final Smashes in? Or the Dragoon? XD. Final Smashes would just be extremely expensive to use Psynergies that can only be used when the character's health is in the yellow zone (less than one quarter). Maybe the Dragoon would replace the Trident? XD

Salanewt

Oh yeah, that is an awesome idea. Also, I am not sure if I could make it so they are unusable without yellow HP bar (without learning what I can do with ASM hacking), but I am sure that I could make them into summons that cost a lot of PP. Also, I had a feeling that adding the Triforce would be a good idea now (with the Super Smash Bros. ideas seeping into this topic). Also, what if I add some items from other games (or just change them, but make it so it is possible to get more later in the game)). I am sure that the Large Bread could be turned into a watermelon that gives you a Seed-bullet effect (Yoshi's Island), or maybe the Oil Drop can be changed into the Fire/Power Flower (Super Mario World/Bros.), and can use a Fire variation instead of a Flare variation.

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jul 4 2009, 05:58 PM

Aile~♥

What we need now is the Dragoon from Kirby. And maybe the Home-Run Bat from Smash Bros./Earthbound.