News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

It Would Be Cool If... (hacking)

Started by Salanewt, 16, June, 2009, 08:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Oh yeah, that would be cool. However, I think that after they join, then leave, there should be a point when they come with you for good, just so you can have them for Doom Dragon. Oh yeah, I am thinking of changing the storyline a tiny bit... I might replace the Golden Sun as the source of Alchemy with the Triforce... Or better yet, a Golden Egg... ... ...

Anyway, as soon as I start getting in some changes (the most that I can do right now is to change the music), then I will work on other things, so I can make it a patch. I will make it possible for people to apply the patch when I can also edit text.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:

Any other ideas?

I might have some characters that are only temporary characters, but you can talk to them whenever you want (maybe after you defeat Donkey Kong, you can talk to him any time you want... I am also thinking of giving him customized psynergies, such as barrel toss)...
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

I was thinking, yes those four should join you for good, eventually, and not all at once. Would it be possible to have 2 storylines going on at once? So you play as one team for a while, then get to a certain point and... *autosave* *poof!* You are playing as a different group somewhere else! Maybe that could explain how the "Nintendo Four" got separated in the first place.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Oh yeah, this is a very good idea. By the way, if I successfully have the entire storyline (places from GS1, then autosave to control Jenna, maybe), then I will definately do this. Except, it will be more often, not just a team switch at the end. Oh yeah, I am now thinking of doing this, and Yoshi will be controlled for most of the switches. I might also break up Isaac's party...

Have a nice day.

By the way, the Nintendo 4 might become the Nintendo 8, but only if I can have more towns, all of the GS 1 areas, and some added areas on continents (maybe more area to be explored in the North (near Prox), and a tiny bit in Tundaria (but not so most of the game is there)).

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Maybe add some previous areas, including the previous 2 Lighthouses and Babi Lighthouse, in.

Zelda: Fire Element. However, she should learn Teleport as a level up spell, because in Brawl she knows Farore's Wind, which is a teleport spell. Put her in Babi Lighthouse. She should also learn Din's Fire, which is pretty much just an overglorified Fire element version of the Star Magician's Mine Ball. If you can fix Reflect so that it works, then give her that too. Maybe change it's name to Nayru's Love, which is her Ice element Reflect spell in Brawl.

Peach: Earth, due to her Turnip-flinging skills. Learns Hover as a level up move, and is hiding in Venus Lighthouse.

Falco: Wind element, and should learn a move called Blaster Shot, which can stun the enemy. Also should learn a move called Rapid Fire, which is pretty much just Mad Zephyr only with blaster rounds. Also learns Falco Phantasm, which is his Side B from Brawl and Melee. Probably make it automatically strike first, or have a chance of instant-deathing the enemy. Maybe you should hide him in the Suhalla Desert. Or in Lumpa Palace, and have him learn Cloak instead of Mind Read. He should also learn a re-animated version of Reveal called Radar after a certain level. Maybe he should learn Reflect as well.

I'm fresh out of ideas. Do you have an idea for the Mercury elemental? If so, they should be hidden in Mercury Lighthouse.

Salanewt

Oh yeah, I am planning on adding all of the areas from GS1 into GS2. I like your ideas about Peach and Zelda, and I had thought about adding them as alternates for Mario and Link. However, I would rather have Link and Mario AND Peach and Zelda. Interesting, Falco as fire... What about Fox? I do not often play Fox games though, so you will have to tell me a tiny bit more about them please.

And as for the other mercury... I chose Yoshi before because I could not think of one... I might have Princess Ruto from Ocarina of Time, but she is not a main character, and I am sure that I can think of someone else... How about Lucas, from the Earthbound games? I have not played Earthbound before either though...

I would get some of these games, but the used game store that is nearby closed in the past month or two, and is now for rent...

As for learning Teleport, Hover, and Cloak should be learned, but at higher levels (maybe in the 70's), or else I would be able to go to Jupiter Lighthouse without actually fighting Moapa (unless I were to raise Peach to high levels... Actually she will be the first female Venus Adept).

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

I said Falco was Wind! Anywho, Cloak isn't really used much, so I figured it could be learned at level one. And as for learning moves, maybe in the 50s would be better.

Lucas (from the Earthbound series) might make a good Mercury Adept, but we'd have to bend the rules a bit, because sure he learns PK Freeze, but he also knows PK Fire and PK thunder, as well as PK Shield, which absorbs energy attacks and heals him the exact amount of the damage that would have been dealt.

Salanewt

Oh yeah, sorry, it was Zelda who is fire... Anyway, I have been thinking... As soon as you can start using Revive, then the priests become practically useless. So, I was thinking that maybe either Revive is learned at a later level, or Priests  can be payed to restore your psynergy, and inns will only restore HP. The priests can still revive you, but that will not be the best thing that they can do.

Anyway, we would have to bend the rules a bit for Lucas... Yeah, Cloak would be good at level 1, but the others maybe at level 55-60.

I have another idea for the Mercury Adept... Maybe it can be a pokemon... Can you think of any really popular water types?

Have a nice day.

Maybe there can be 3 sets of Characters from other games... I would probably have to make Doom Dragon much stronger though... Maybe 16 000 HP for each head.

Aile~♥

OMG MUDKIPZ!!! You said popular water type right? Then either Mudkip or Squirtle. Yeah, priests do become useless though. Maybe have Inns restore both HP and PP, but have priests able to restore your PP for a much lower cost. Also, I was thinking, for the Chef and Gourmet Chef Psys, Item shops would have to start selling food such as Large Bread, and other such items which are only useful for that spell.

Yeah, make the bosses stronger, but don't buff the normal enemies too much. We don't want the regular enemies downing party members like crazy.

Salanewt

QuoteOMG MUDKIPZ!!! You said popular water type right? Then either Mudkip or Squirtle. Yeah, priests do become useless though. Maybe have Inns restore both HP and PP, but have priests able to restore your PP for a much lower cost. Also, I was thinking, for the Chef and Gourmet Chef Psys, Item shops would have to start selling food such as Large Bread, and other such items which are only useful for that spell.

Yeah, make the bosses stronger, but don't buff the normal enemies too much. We don't want the regular enemies downing party members like crazy.

Yeah, I was thinking either Mudkip or Squirtle (or maybe both together as a fighting duo). I am currently working on making the enemies stronger, but I might have overdone it with some enemies, like the ones in the Great Gabomba Statue.

Also, Briggs is really tough... If you do play, you might have to beat Air's Rock, and wander back with more Djinni before it is easier to beat him. I have definitely overdone Aqua Hydra though. Two turns... He kills everyone after a few turns... Oh yeah, all of the Aqua jellies before the Aqua Hydra drop Water of Lifes... But I might have to replace all of the Aqua Hydras in the Eastern sea with their better versions.

Yeah, stores are going to sell the stat boosting items, but they will be more expensive, maybe 12 000 for each item. I will probably make inns heal both HP and PP, but they will cost more money. Also, King Scorpion is a bit easier than Briggs, but he drops MUCH more money.

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

If anything, it would make more sense for the Inn to restore only PP and not HP, because PP restores "with time" meaning as you walk around.

The enemies in the Great Gabomba Statue are already overpowered, or at least the Red Demons are. Vital Moon can knock a party member to 1 HP automatically.

I never said stores should sell stat boosting items, I was thinking add more "useless" food like the Large Bread that you give to that kid in Alhafra. Though selling stat boosting items would be interesting.

Also, in the regular game in order to beat Briggs I already had to go and beat Air's Rock first. I fought him about 5 times and lost every single time, so eventually I just gave up and went to Air's Rock.

Aqua Hydra was already hard to beat, even before doing 300 damage per hit with his strange tidal wave attack (it's not Watery Grave, but I forget what it is). Seriously, if the Aqua Hydra does as much damage as I said, then it would take 2 people knowing Wish Well to keep the party alive. Actually, how many times per turn does your version attack?

Aile~♥

Since the Rod makes your attack 0, maybe it should restore your PP, since you can't attack?

Also, I'd prefer it to unleash Meteor Blow, which is about the same strength as Watery Grave, and considering the number of Water element bosses, it would be far more useful.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 19 2009, 02:24 PM

Salanewt

QuoteSince the Rod makes your attack 0, maybe it should restore your PP, since you can't attack?

Also, I'd prefer it to unleash Meteor Blow, which is about the same strength as Watery Grave, and considering the number of Water element bosses, it would be far more useful.

It makes sense, but I am not sure if it lowers the character's stats... Just the weapon stats. However, I think I agree with you. It should replenish PP in battle when equipped. However, there are alot of land bosses too... I will probably change the unleash, but I have doubts about Meteor Blow. Maybe Formina Sage, or maybe a healing psynergy...

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

If you want to make it so that the character's attack and defence are 0, set the effect to "Attack x0" and then the defence effect "defence x0".

Salanewt

Of the weapon? I actually did that already. That way, the character would not actually have 0 as their stats.

Have a nice day.

Retreat did not even work in battle.

Aile~♥

No, the attack times 0 would make their attack be actually 0. Attack +0 means that their attack doesn't increase. But I have an idea for the weapon's stats:

Attack x0
PP regen +12.
Fire Power +120
Bestows Meteor Blow.

Or is there a Wind Psynergy which might work? If so, change Fire Power +120 to Wind Power +120.

Salanewt

QuoteNo, the attack times 0 would make their attack be actually 0. Attack +0 means that their attack doesn't increase. But I have an idea for the weapon's stats:

Attack x0
PP regen +12.
Fire Power +120
Bestows Meteor Blow.

Or is there a Wind Psynergy which might work? If so, change Fire Power +120 to Wind Power +120.

I like these stats... I am thinking of Formina Sage...

Oh, I made it so the limits for attacks and defense are -128... You can actually have negative numbers, which I like...

I made it so it does not bestow Formina Sage, but it instead has a 100% chance of unleashing it.

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

NO NO NO! Formina sage is a Physical Psy, so if your attack is 0, it does no damage. It multiplies your attack by 2.8, so if your attack is 0, then that's 0x2.8=0.

Another idea for the Shaman's Rod's stats:

Attack x0
PP regen +12
extra turn, or however you code that.
Bestows [insert uberpowerful Psynergy here].

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 19 2009, 04:32 PM

Salanewt

QuoteNO NO NO! Formina sage is a Physical Psy, so if your attack is 0, it does no damage. It multiplies your attack by 2.8, so if your attack is 0, then that's 0x2.8=0.

Another idea for the Shaman's Rod's stats:

Attack x0
PP regen +12
extra turn, or however you code that.
Bestows [insert uberpowerful Psynergy here].

Yeah, too bad I did not see this until after I tried it. Anyway, I am not sure exactly how to multiply stat effects... I have to have more practice with the editor. It already gives you an extra turn, and I just realized that you have to get rid of the Shaman's Rod just before Trial Road...

Have a nice day.

I followed your advice, and the weilder will restore around that much PP.

Aile~♥

Do me a favour and make me a nice light blade that gives you 2 turns. Maybe the Corsair's Edge? Which also needs a major attack buff, by the way, considering you get it after Lemuria, and it only gives you +90 attack. Maybe it's attack should be 165? That way it's powerful enough to outmatch the stuff you get almost immediately after at Jupiter Lighthouse, and can also outmatch the other stuff you get at Lemuria, and don't have to pay for. On the other hand, considering it's going to give two attacks, maybe just 147 or 155 would do.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 19 2009, 04:53 PM

Salanewt

Okay. I am thinking of 'fixing' some weapons and armour to be better. I am also going to add several of the unused objects, like the herbed shirt. I have two enemies so far that drop those, Wild Wolf and Mini-Goblin. However, before I do anything more, I will have to wait until Monday. I will not be home this weekend (but I still have access to a computer sometimes), and my mom is using her computer, which is where I have the editor.

Also, I am planning on changing Doom Dragon a bit... I might make it so each head has more than 10, 000 HP, maybe even 16, 000.

Have a nice day.