News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

It Would Be Cool If... (hacking)

Started by Salanewt, 16, June, 2009, 08:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Okay, this thread is being started because I have not found a thread anywhere else that is similar.

Okay, so basically, the idea of this topic is to say what you think would be neat if it were in either Golden Sun, or to talk about other people's ideas (including stating your ideas about their idead).

Okay, so here is my idea, probably for Golden Sun 2...

I add 4 more characters without replacing any...

:Jupiter: Kirby will be a Jupiter adept, unable to equip any weapons (or should I add hammers in the game?). Maybe he will be traveling with Isaac's company...

:Venus: Link will be a Venus adept, able to use swords and bows (it would be cool to see them). I might add a village of elves on an island, and he is a traveler who walked through a portal...

:Mars: Mario will be a fire adept, able to jump on enemies if he has boots equipped, punch if no boots, or use a hammer if they are equipped (will ignore boots). All boots will have an unleash, 30%, that will use either a fire psynergy, or I will add one when possible that is a fireball. I guess I can make him stay in the Dwarf Town... What was the name again? However, I will make it so Kirby has to be in your team before Mario joins you.

:Mercury: Yoshi will be a Mercury adept, unable to use any equipable weapons, but he has a permanent weapon which is his tongue. Maybe if it is possible in the future, then I will add a new psynergy, wich will be called Egg Throw. He will either be with Jenna from the start, or he will find the group on Idejima and wake Felix up before he joins the party.

So... How does everyone like my fantasy hacked characters?
Please post your ideas for hacks for other people to see.
Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Oh maiz.

Sounds interesting.

For the characters without weapons, could it be possible to raise their power through other methods? I.E. similar to forging a weapon?

Role and I were actually thinking about doing a Pokemon version, but instead of changing the people, we'd change the monsters and the summons :3

Salanewt

QuoteOh maiz.

Sounds interesting.

For the characters without weapons, could it be possible to raise their power through other methods? I.E. similar to forging a weapon?

Role and I were actually thinking about doing a Pokemon version, but instead of changing the people, we'd change the monsters and the summons :3

Oh cool, that is a good idea. I was actually thinking of replacing enemies and bosses (not all of them) with enemies from other games, including pokemon.

Anyway, about the characters with no weapons, like Yoshi, we can change how their stats raise as they level up. I think the stat editor works, so maybe at level 0, Yoshi would have 50 hp instead of 29, etc.

Another problem that I thought about though is Djinn. If there are 7 for each character, then I have to add 28 more djinn (or edit the dummies and add fewer), or change the classes somehow.

Oh yeah, I am also planning on replacing music as well. The World Map Theme for Felix can become Hyrule Field theme, and sailing on the boat can become Pokemon Surfing music. I might also add a new battle music, if Mario is in a group without Felix, Isaac, and Jenna (I will add Super Mario RPG fighting music).

Have a nice day.

P.S. Charon and Role, you should replace the enemies with Pokemon, I think that would be fun to play. However, I can think of some enemies that you might have to edit pokemon for closer matches though (like Doom Dragon).

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 16, June, 2009, 08:46:00 AMOkay, this thread is being started because I have not found a thread anywhere else that is similar.

Okay, so basically, the idea of this topic is to say what you think would be neat if it were in either Golden Sun, or to talk about other people's ideas (including stating your ideas about their idead).

Okay, so here is my idea, probably for Golden Sun 2...

I add 4 more characters without replacing any...

:Jupiter: Kirby will be a Jupiter adept, unable to equip any weapons (or should I add hammers in the game?). Maybe he will be traveling with Isaac's company...

:Venus: Link will be a Venus adept, able to use swords and bows (it would be cool to see them). I might add a village of elves on an island, and he is a traveler who walked through a portal...

:Mars: Mario will be a fire adept, able to jump on enemies if he has boots equipped, punch if no boots, or use a hammer if they are equipped (will ignore boots). All boots will have an unleash, 30%, that will use either a fire psynergy, or I will add one when possible that is a fireball. I guess I can make him stay in the Dwarf Town... What was the name again? However, I will make it so Kirby has to be in your team before Mario joins you.

:Mercury: Yoshi will be a Mercury adept, unable to use any equipable weapons, but he has a permanent weapon which is his tongue. Maybe if it is possible in the future, then I will add a new psynergy, wich will be called Egg Throw. He will either be with Jenna from the start, or he will find the group on Idejima and wake Felix up before he joins the party.

So... How does everyone like my fantasy hacked characters?
Please post your ideas for hacks for other people to see.
Have a nice day.
That is interesting. I myself, would like to add some people from Fire Emblem : Sword of Seals and Blazing Sword (Sos not release in America and BS is Fire Emblem in America) and have them as enemies when it's possible (and if i knew how by then)

Aile~♥

Kirby wields many weapons in his games, why not here? He should not be able to wield axes or long swords, but all other weapons would be fine. (just use a Dedede Hammer sprite for maces).

@Role: Would you be so kind as to combine my posts in the other thread regarding this and move them here?

Also, perhaps Kirby could be hiding in a house in Contigo? Maybe hidden somewhere where you would never think to look, like behind a bookshelf or something? Or you could hide him in a Force stump.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 16 2009, 01:42 PM
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Oh, sorry, it is just that I play few Kirby games. The most that I have played of Kirby is Super Smash Bros. series...

Anyway, I will probably give Kirby weapons, since I have been thinking, and... Well, he seems too weak without weapons.

QuoteKirby wields many weapons in his games, why not here? He should not be able to wield axes or long swords, but all other weapons would be fine. (just use a Dedede Hammer sprite for maces).

@Role: Would you be so kind as to combine my posts in the other thread regarding this and move them here?

Also, perhaps Kirby could be hiding in a house in Contigo? Maybe hidden somewhere where you would never think to look, like behind a bookshelf or something? Or you could hide him in a Force stump.

Role, if you do decide to move Jamie's comments, then could you also please move mine? You do not have to if you do not want to, which is obvious, but please?

Yeah, I might do that instead of being with Isaac's team. Unless he is unconscious during the fight, then he could rescue Mia and Garet (but I am not planning on doing that, since only Garet is in trouble... Why doesn't he fall? Felix jumped off of Venus Lighthouse).

Oh yeah, it would be cool to see different animations for djinn (when equipped to characters). For example, one might be the normal animation, while another might be slightly different (so they do not all look identical).

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 16 2009, 03:28 PM

Aile~♥

Quote from: Salanewt on 17, June, 2009, 01:41:00 AMYeah, I might do that instead of being with Isaac's team. Unless he is unconscious during the fight, then he could rescue Mia and Garet (but I am not planning on doing that, since only Garet is in trouble... Why doesn't he fall? Felix jumped off of Venus Lighthouse).
It would make a lot of sense for Kirby to do that, considering he can float. Or you could have a scene where Isaac and friends beat him up because he ate the Mars Star, then have them get ambushed immediately afterwards.

Another idea which might be interesting would be to have Knuckle Joe as a summon (Vulcan Jab! *bambambambambam*, Risiiiiiiiing Break!!! *Smash*)

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 16 2009, 05:19 PM

Salanewt

QuoteIt would make a lot of sense for Kirby to do that, considering he can float. Or you could have a scene where Isaac and friends beat him up because he ate the Mars Star, then have them get ambushed immediately afterwards.

Another idea which might be interesting would be to have Knuckle Joe as a summon (Vulcan Jab! *bambambambambam*, Risiiiiiiiing Break!!! *Smash*)

Oh cool, that is a good idea featuring Kirby... Maybe there should be someone telling the others not to assault the pink marshmallow... Should it either be Mia or Ivan (or both) that tells the other two to leave Kirby alone?

By the way, I am planning on changing some of the summons, but who is Knuckle Joe?

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 16 2009, 08:02 PM

Aile~♥

An enemy from the Kirby games, also shows up in Brawl as an assist trophy.

Salanewt

Oh yeah, I remember that guy! I did not know he was from Kirby though... Makes you think a bit... Anyway, I really like brawl, but no Brawl disc will work on my Wii, so it has to be repaired... My best character is Yoshi by the way...

Anyway, is that Knuckle Joe? I think that would be cool as a summon.

Oh yeah, if I can successfully add these four characters in the game, and make them different than everyone else (but still good), then I will add another set of 4.

However, this set of four will not be added unless there is a way to add the world of Golden Sun 1 into Golden Sun 2, or else there will be too many characters...

Oh yeah, I might try to add an item (when then editor allows that to happen) that will bestow the lost psynergy Magnet/Magic Circle. If it is possible, then I will make it so if an item (not hidden (items that are revealed will not count)) is inside the circle, then the item will drift to the center, and the main character will pick it up.

EDIT: I might have thought of a good idea... Instead of a summon (lets have Dedede as a summon), we can make Knuckle Joe act like Avoid. Maybe, if it is possible with the editor in the future, this enemy will circle the main character for a second ot two, throwing punches away from the main character.

If I do this, then I am also going to add other psynergies, such as Sticky Shot (works for both Yoshi's tongue and Link's hookshot), which will be like lash, except that there is no rope (will not work if there is rope). I will also add Egg throw (Yoshi only, battle only), Arrow (battle + world map (will have more uses), Link will know it, and every bow that I will add in the game will have a 100% chance of unleashing it). Kirby will have Jamie's ideas, Copy and Delete, as well as Swallow (Yoshi will have this too, and it will heal the user and damage the enemy).

Of course, I will have to edit the dummy spells, but this can be done. As well, Mario will be able to use Jump (will act like Levitate, but can be used anywhere (will hopefully not react to Levitate circles) and is shorter).

Does anybody like these ideas?

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 16 2009, 06:57 PM

Aile~♥

Yeah, that's Knuckle Joe all right, beating the shizz out of Lucario XD. And besides, I thought Dedede was a boss? Knuckle Joe's Rising Break would look cool in a summon though, or maybe Knuckle Joe could be an enemy, and the Minotaur Psynergy in the Beast Lord class would be replaced with him using Rising Break (making it Wind Element again, like in all previous classes in the series, and giving it as high a Crit. Chance as Gryphon has.)

Also, I think Kirby should learn Death Plunge (up throw from Brawl, anybody?) You might want to edit in his down throw Fury Stomps as well.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 16 2009, 07:47 PM

Salanewt

QuoteYeah, that's Knuckle Joe all right, beating the shizz out of Lucario XD. And besides, I thought Dedede was a boss? Knuckle Joe's Rising Break would look cool in a summon though, or maybe Knuckle Joe could be an enemy, and the Minotaur Psynergy in the Beast Lord class would be replaced with him using Rising Break (making it Wind Element again, like in all previous classes in the series, and giving it as high a Crit. Chance as Gryphon has.)

Perfect! I like your ideas Jamie. Can you think of anything else about Kirby that you think I should add in the game? I know little about Kirby (compared to Zelda or Mario). I am also thinking of putting in Meta Knight as a boss (I will add bosses, when possible (instead of just replacing them)), as well as Bowser, Lugia, and maybe even Birdo... I might also replace the Wise One with Wart from Majora's Mask...

EDIT: I just thought of a really good idea. Does everyone remember Tundaria? It is the continent that only has the Tower and a Jupiter Djinni (other things inside the tower, and enemies both inside and outside of it). Well, I am now planning on adding a large area of world map, as well as a small town, when the map editor has been added... I hope that it will be possible to add areas, not just edit them. I might also use the elf sprites, and the unused enemies. A village of Ice-elves... Well, does anybody else like this idea, or should I put different inhabitants in there?

EDIT 2: Does anybody know how I can get the graphics/images of the world map? I am planning on editing what I can with Photoshop Suite...

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 17 2009, 04:51 PM

Salanewt

QuoteThat is interesting. I myself, would like to add some people from Fire Emblem : Sword of Seals and Blazing Sword (Sos not release in America and BS is Fire Emblem in America) and have them as enemies when it's possible (and if i knew how by then)

Cool. I was thinking of putting in enemies from Fire Emblem as well.

I might put in enemies from the following games/game series:
Mario/Yoshi
Zelda
Fire Emblem
Pokemon
Kirby (do not know much about it)
Fox (never played it)
Metroid (Only know of the floating brains)
Final Fantasy (dislike it, only want a reference to get more people interested in the hack)
Shadowrun (Awesome game, but not a large variety of monsters...)
Sonic (do not know much about it)
Um...

If anybody else has any ideas, as well as which monsters should be replaced, please tell me. I am already going to make the Jellyfish monsters become Tentacool (or Blooper), and the Fungus monsters become Goombas. Posiedon might become Lugia or the legendary water type from the third generation... I will reduce the amount of Chestbeaters to 1, replace it with Donkey Kong (based on the arcade game, Donkey Kong) and make him a boss later in the game.

Anyway, have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 16 2009, 01:10 PM

Aile~♥

Stat ideas: (base classes)

Mario:
HP: 110%
PP: 110%
Attack: 100%
Defence: 100%
Agility: 100%
Luck: 100%

Kirby:
PP: 100%
Defence: 110%
Agility: 120%
Luck: 80%

Link:
HP: 130%
PP: 80%
Attack: 130%
Agility: 80%
Luck: 90%

Yoshi:
PP: 120%
Attack: 90%
Defence: 130%
Luck: 120%

Before you go complaining that Yoshi is broken, remember that he cannot equip weapons.

Also, Kirby should learn a Psynergy series called Chef that goes Chef -> Gourmet Chef. It is a healing Psynergy, and heals/stat boosts the entire party based on what item(s) you use for it. (Lucky Pepper + Hard Nut + Gourmet Chef = Spicy Peanuts (Increase Luck and Defence of the entire party permanently). Large Bread + Herb + Gourmet Chef = Garlic Bread.) Chef can only have 1 item used for it, while Gourmet Chef can have up to 3.

Salanewt

QuoteMario:
PP: 110%
Defence: 100%
Agility: 100%
Luck: 100%

Kirby:
PP: 100%
Agility: 120%
Luck: 80%

Link:
HP: 130%
PP: 80%
Attack: 130%
Luck: 90%

Yoshi:
PP: 120%
Attack: 90%
Defence: 130%
Luck: 120%

Thanks for the stats Jamie, I think they are well suited for the characters.

QuoteBefore you go complaining that Yoshi is broken, remember that he cannot equip weapons.

I was actually not planning on saying that Yoshi is broken. In fact, I think that if he has higher attack, then he would be too powerful compared to the others. However, his attack should be a bit higher, since the other characters will have higher attack when they weild weapons, so that would make Yoshi's attack even lower. So... actually, this is good. I will make his armour raise his attack stats a tiny bit. He will also have a slightly higher attack raising bonus when he gets to higher levels, like 40 or higher.

I also realized that I was ignoring armour. Yoshi and Mario will have custom armour sets, Link will have robes and metallic armours, and Kirby will be able to use robes... By the way, is Kirby a male or a female? I forget now. Oh yeah, any ideas on what types of armours I should have for them? Yoshi might have Eggshell armour, and other things, Mario will have similar things that are in his other games, etc...

QuoteAlso, Kirby should learn a Psynergy series called Chef that goes Chef -> Gourmet Chef. It is a healing Psynergy, and heals/stat boosts the entire party based on what item(s) you use for it. (Lucky Pepper + Hard Nut + Gourmet Chef = Spicy Peanuts (Increase Luck and Defence of the entire party permanently). Large Bread + Herb + Gourmet Chef = Garlic Bread.) Chef can only have 1 item used for it, while Gourmet Chef can have up to 3.

Ooh, I like this idea. If I can do this, and if I can create psynergies, then Kirby will have a unique class system, and not be another Ivan clone. I think it would be neat to have something like Waiter, Chef, Gourmet Chef, Master Chef, Culiminary Master... Just for a larger class selection... But I like it, that way, Kirby can be more unique than everyone else. I should do something like this for the other new characters as well, thanks.

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 17 2009, 05:12 PM

Aile~♥

I was thinking Kirby's (Kirby is male) end class should be called Star Warrior, because that's what he spends the entire TV show trying to become. He IS Meta Knight's apprentice, after all.

Edit: Mario should learn the Fire series, considering he likes to throw fireballs at stuff.

This post has been edited by JamietheFlameUser on Jun 17 2009, 05:23 PM

Salanewt

Oh cool. So, he will be able to become a Star Warrior... Which means that there will more class sets. Oh yeah, if he is a male, then I will have to have another set of characters (to include some more female characters)... I might have to make the game much harder, as well as the enemies, but it could be done. So, the current Golden Sun roster includes...
Isaac,
garet,
Ivan,
Mia,
Felix,
Jenna,
Sheba,
Peirs,
Mario,
Kirby,
Link,
Yoshi.
Any other ideas for more characters? I am planning on adding a whole new area, Southern Tundaria, as well as the places from Golden Sun 1 accessible.

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 17 2009, 05:21 PM

Aile~♥

I don't think you need Southern Tundaria, you just need to add a town at the very western edge of the continent. Hesperia and Atteka could use some more towns as well.

Salanewt

QuoteI don't think you need Southern Tundaria, you just need to add a town at the very western edge of the continent. Hesperia and Atteka could use some more towns as well.

Oh yeah, your are right. I am definately planning on putting more towns in those areas. However, in Tundaria, I might just remove some of the mountains that are already there, and that way, I can have maybe two towns. One farther to the west, and the other one somewhere in the east. I might also put more in small patches of land that you do not have access to, and they are not areas from Golden sun 1. Between the two entranced to Dekhan Plateau, for example, there is a tiny bit of green land therem , as well as a few tiny trees, and a little bit of a path. I think I might add a new island too... Maybe a place where Yoshi joins the party...

I might also add another cave. Not one with a summon tablet in it, but maybe with a town in it. It could probably have the same blockset as the Madran Catacombs... I also see much more potential for the snowy area of Prox, and the surrounding landscape.

I might put Southern Tundaria as an optional training area, but I am starting to have different ideas about having it now.

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

Additionally, why is every town in Golden Sun just  a single city-state, without any countries? I think that Hesperia and Atteka should have a freaking country on each of them. Indra could use more towns as well.

Also, it would be interesting to have some characters who join your party temporarily, then leave the party, only to join again later. Maybe have Kirby join in for the fight against Briggs, then leave. Have Yoshi start with the party after waking Felix up, then leave after Piers joins. Then have him join the party for the fight against the Avimander before leaving again. Kirby should show up for the fight against the Serpent in Gaia Rock, and the battle against Agatio and Karst. Maybe Mario could show up for the battle against Poseidon.