News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

hello

Started by mecurylighthouse, 28, August, 2012, 06:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mecurylighthouse

me im just some random guy who loves this game but thinks more could be done with so here i am
I actually dont have much experience with romhacking just the basics on using editors
but things like assemmbly codes and stuff i dont know so yeah i know a little hexadecimal (form working with other romhacking programs in the past) and thats it but ive already figured out some stuff with the editor so i wont need much help unless i ask
:Isaac: WHY!!!!!!...
                               :Felix: ...ummmm because

Kain

Hello and welcome to the forums.  I'm Kain, your friendly, lurking global moderator.  Please be sure to read the rules and I hope you enjoy your stay here.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Quote from: mecurylighthouse on 28, August, 2012, 06:59:26 PM
me im just some random guy who loves this game but thinks more could be done with so here i am
I actually dont have much experience with romhacking just the basics on using editors
but things like assemmbly codes and stuff i dont know so yeah i know a little hexadecimal (form working with other romhacking programs in the past) and thats it but ive already figured out some stuff with the editor so i wont need much help unless i ask
Hello there, and welcome to Golden Sun Hacking Community. Now, I give you a glass of iced teawater to formally commemorate the occasion.

Yes, I like the games too. Once upon a time I was also indeed new to hacking as well. It wasn't until like July 2009 that I ever started hacking via VBA's memory viewer. (I give credit to a specific topic made by Atrius at this very forum for allowing me to start my hexadecimal hacking journey. Yep, Golden Sun's Debug Menus topic.) Shortly thereafter, Yoshi's Lighthouse was created, then Salanewt and I started hacking the Mario & Luigi series.

You don't having to worry much with assembly if you don't want to, however, it helps if you ever really want to dive in and learn the ins-and-outs of how a game works. And to be honest, it also helps in finding data (and what it does) much easier, as well.  I myself used VBA-SDL-H and GBATEK when I really got into learning Thumb assembly.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

zman9000

QuoteNow, I give you a glass of iced teawater to formally commemorate the occasion.
I'm so glad i joined the gshc before you changed your name.

yeah welcome new guy, enjoy the forums, have fun, just don't drink the teawater...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

RagnarokEmissary

Quote from: zman9000 on 31, August, 2012, 12:02:39 AM
QuoteNow, I give you a glass of iced teawater to formally commemorate the occasion.

yeah welcome new guy, enjoy the forums, have fun, just don't drink the teawater...
Yeah, you wouldn't like what's in that teawater. It's shi- *is shot*

There is NOTHING wrong with my homemade Teawater! It's complimentary. (I don't really have a drink that is called Teawater in real life, though.) At best, it would be sweet tea. (Lipton brand.)

Do you prefer Dr. Pepper in an O'Charleys's cup? That's what my other username was. (charleysdrpepper)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Jiten

Quote from: RagnarokEmissary on 31, August, 2012, 12:04:28 AM
Quote from: zman9000 on 31, August, 2012, 12:02:39 AM

Yeah, you wouldn't like what's in that teawater. It's shi- *is shot*

It's choclate. Nothing more or less. Anyways welcome to the ghostow-....GSHC.  It's fairly suttle here most of the time.

Sometimes it's chocolate, sometimes it's lemonade, and sometimes it's a mystery! I should start up a new blend. A smoothie containing broccoli, spinach, squash, and brussel sprouts! Vegetables are good for you.

Must have been chocolate for you, I see... Was it good?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

RagnarokEmissary

QuoteMust have been chocolate for you, I see... Was it good?
Does chocolate normally have sweetcorn in it? No, because your teawater is made from cr- *shot again*

Jiten

Quote from: Teawater on 31, August, 2012, 12:29:13 AM
Sometimes it's chocolate, sometimes it's lemonade, and sometimes it's a mystery! I should start up a new blend. A smoothie containing broccoli, spinach, squash, and brussel sprouts! Vegetables are good for you.

Must have been chocolate for you, I see... Was it good?

It poisoned me.  However, it was still good.

@RE - Stop getting shot I'll jump into the next bullet if it happens again.

Kain

Good grief people.  Topic locked before it gets out of hand again.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!