News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

How to force a fight against a certain enemy group?

Started by NormalNavi, 03, September, 2012, 03:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NormalNavi

As the title explain, I'm doing a bit of enemy hacking and I wondered if there was a Action Replay code/Memory Viewer stuff to force a fight against a certain enemy group..

It's a bit tiresome to modify the enemy groups of the area to ensure a fight against the one I want to test..

Kide

Can't you just switch your enemy data with a boss? Or the ruffians at the beginning? If the purpose is to test enemies I don't see what could go wrong with that.

Rolina

I don't think it's that easy, Kide.  You need to test different mons at different strengths and points in the game.  As a result, you'll want to fight them in the area you want to encounter them in.  There's not always a boss to replace in these areas - many are entirely free of boss fights.

mecurylighthouse

actually if you were to change the levels the charcters start at you could be much higher leveled in that section with the ruffians i just dont know if you could fight with other members in the team or not but its not hard just start a new file before doing this (i accidentlly changed this in mid file and got some weird audio glitch in kibombo)
:Isaac: WHY!!!!!!...
                               :Felix: ...ummmm because

Atrius (He/Him)

Set 0x02000420 to 0x01FE, and 0x02000422 to the index of the enemy group plus one.  Walk through any doorway, into any town, etc, and you'll be transported to the battle instead.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

NormalNavi

Thanks! It works perfectly. The only troubles I had was that the index of the enemy group is not the same has in the editor, so I had to mess around a bit with this value, and I did not understand what you meant by "set 0x02000420 to 0x01FE", causing a creepy crash of the game with all values written as "4".

After a bit, I understood and I was able to start my fight without too much problems. Thanks!