News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Uploading Error

Started by Zach, 08, July, 2009, 12:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

For the last 2 days, I've been trying to upload video, but whenever it's almost done uploading or sometime during the upload, an unknown error always occur. So my question to you is how do I go about this? I can't re-record it since I'm past the part that I record and the last save before is at least 5 areas before that. Help?

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 09, July, 2009, 01:49:00 AMOh yeah, that is right. Well, I am sorry, but if I think your video is not uploading because of the video type.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:
Aww, that sucks if thats the case <.<

Salanewt

Yeah, I had the same problem before I uploaded my videos. Os, sorry, I think is is AVI, not ASM (do not know how I mixed it up).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

twocows

What format is your video in, and what codecs is it using? You could always re-encode it with mplayer or something.

Charon

If you're recording from VBA, it's going to be an AVI.

Put it into moviemaker, then publish the movie, then try uploading that.

Zach

Quote from: Charon on 08, July, 2009, 09:13:00 PMIf you're recording from VBA, it's going to be an AVI.

Put it into moviemaker, then publish the movie, then try uploading that.
To be honest, I've never used moviemaker before, nor do I know if I have that program. Sorry for the "slow" moment

EDIT: Nevermind, I finally got it to upload

This post has been edited by zach on Jul 9 2009, 04:20 AM

Salanewt

Are you uploading it on Youtube? Also, is the video made with VBA? If it is, then I think there should be an option called "Record ASM", or something like that. You will want that one. Also, you can make it upload faster by compressing the data (the VBA should ask if you want to do that). Youtube does not support the file types that the other option produces, and I do not think there is a program to change them.

Have a nice day, and I hope this helps.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 09, July, 2009, 01:03:00 AMAre you uploading it on Youtube? Also, is the video made with VBA? If it is, then I think there should be an option called "Record ASM", or something like that. You will want that one. Also, you can make it upload faster by compressing the data (the VBA should ask if you want to do that). Youtube does not support the file types that the other option produces, and I do not think there is a program to change them.

Yes to the youtube and VBA thing, but like i said, I can't re-record the video <.<

Salanewt

Oh yeah, that is right. Well, I am sorry, but if I think your video is not uploading because of the video type.

Have a nice day.

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 09, July, 2009, 01:03:00 AMAre you uploading it on Youtube? Also, is the video made with VBA? If it is, then I think there should be an option called "Record ASM", or something like that. You will want that one. Also, you can make it upload faster by compressing the data (the VBA should ask if you want to do that). Youtube does not support the file types that the other option produces, and I do not think there is a program to change them.

For future reference, which setting allows the fastest upload in your opinion?

Salanewt

Well, before, I was using uncompressed, but the uploading time was close to 2 hours sometimes, so I think I selected something that was like MS compressed (forget the exact name), 75 frames compressed. Something like this, might not be exact though.

Have a nice day.

MaxiPower

Solution

When uploading, use the bulk. Works 100% of the time and is much more accurate in the processing time and faster to upload, i know this from experience

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_multiupload