News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Fire Emblem

Started by Kain, 22, September, 2010, 03:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kain

You know...I completely forgot about that site.  Kudos leaf.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Salanewt

Blizzard is wind in that game? Interesting, but at least it comes back. In Shadow Dragon, the game that is somewhat related to Fire Emblem, Blizzard is Ice, Excalibur is not legendary, and Aura is for females only (also became much weaker).

By the way, using some codes, I made Lyon walk up to me and give me his Naglfar!

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Griever

Well now i feel like i need to replay Path of Radiance and Shadow Dragon ..... don't have Radiant Dawn yet...

Naglfar is powerful magic tome ...... Well who is your dark mage? i had Ewan as one and somehow he had the highest luck ..... though it was a one time only after that i never was able to have him get that much luck .... though he would max his magic always ....

Seth at lvl 20 is really good ... especially for those chapters that requires to defend someone or something, i can send him any where and i don't need to heal him at all sometimes.

Now that i got my hands on Nightmare i can finally edit Eirika into a USEFUL unit .....
BTW Salanewt did you try the FE7 vs FE8 hack? its really interesting and fun  :happy:

Salanewt

QuoteNaglfar is powerful magic tome ...... Well who is your dark mage? i had Ewan as one and somehow he had the highest luck ..... though it was a one time only after that i never was able to have him get that much luck .... though he would max his magic always ....

Seth at lvl 20 is really good ... especially for those chapters that requires to defend someone or something, i can send him any where and i don't need to heal him at all sometimes.

Now that i got my hands on Nightmare i can finally edit Eirika into a USEFUL unit .....
BTW Salanewt did you try the FE7 vs FE8 hack? its really interesting and fun 

1: I just promoted Ewan on the previous floor of the Tower of Valni, and now I also have Riev to work with. It is a shame that I have to complete the tower three times for Selena, but I am after every character in the game.

2: No kidding. He still remains my best character, but Cormag as a level 11 Wyvern Lord could probably take him on. I had to start keeping him back though, as I wanted to train some of my other unitsm, especially Lute, who is now a level 9(?) Mage Knight. I decided to teach her Dark magic as well, since that would mean that I could only have up to units with Dark magic through normal gameplay (and the only extra unit to be able to use it would be Lyon, after completing the Langdou Ruins three times).

3: I know, right? She is only really useful as a rescuing unit, throwing her in to rescue one of my weaklings before sending her far away herself. I was considering using a bit of Nightmare myself, but I decided to wait for a month or so.

4: I have not, but I would like to give it a shot.

Also, I was thinking of trying to add those unused Dancer items, since Tethys remains almost virtually useless. I have also heard that giving her magic is quite dangerous, as her lack of a drawback animation would make the game crash if she attempts to attack twice. As for Myrrh, I raised her Dark level enough to be able to use Flux, but I never considered giving her a Wretched Air or Demon Surge to use (and she should come with at least one infinite use ability, to prevent her from becoming useless once the Dragonstone is gone).

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

You may want to consider investing in the teletype tag ([tt ]).  It'll make those tables of your much prettier.

Salanewt

I am not sure if there was a glitch with my game or not, but several units would not have actual battle sequences when using Dark magic.

Also, I gave Myrrh some Dark Magic and Zombie Dragon Breath (I forget the exact name). I like how powerful she is, but I still have to keep her away from some monsters. Of course, if they surrender all of their weapons and items beforehand... I decided to make Lyon give me his Naglfar though, it is a very good weapon.

You have a point, but Seth is a bit better than most of the pre-premoted units from almost every Fire Emblem game. He is certainly better than the pre-promoted Paladins in Shadow Dragon, they can die very quickly. Cavaliers are decent, but I have always preferred Mage units.

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

Prepromotes suck.

No srsly. Seth is the most useless character in the whole game. Early on, he just eats experience points, and later, when everyone else is caught up to him in class he is completely outpowered by everyone else.

Yeah, Tethys causes the game to freeze if the tries to double-attack.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

That is true. Of course, I force-fed all of my units some Juna Fruit, which can only be accessed with coding or hacking. It lowers the level of a unit, but not their stats. This allows them to level up again for more stat boosts.

I admit that Seth was useful as a way to keep weak units safe. I mean, if I keep him near the back, I can easily send Garcia or Lute ahead for some kills without worrying about enemy reinforcements.

Yep, though I have had problems with Tethys having a battle sequence at all, even to dance. It is probably just a glitch with my file, and I am not worried about it at all right now.

Have a nice day.

Charon

Whenever I think of crutch characters, Aaron from FE12 comes to mind. Like... no stat bonuses like ever. lmfao I think only the replacement units are any worse. then again I've only focused on the Akaneia games so I don't know everything lol

Like in the game it tells you to not overuse him because your other units like Ryan could benefit from the experience but n00bs still use him anyway. lolololol

Kain

Lots of people argue that Marcus is useless but...in truth, you can solo the game with him.  So long as you get his attack to 17 before the final fight, you're good to go.  Because when his attack is at 17, he does 5/15 damage to the dragon with Rex Hasta if I recall correctly.  However, it's a huge gamble because if his attack is too low at the end of the game, you're gonna have to restart.

Kain

Quote from: XxGameWizardxX on 20, March, 2011, 03:15:28 PM
on my play throuh marcus died on the fourth stage.  i beat the game but i only had four characters left.  :irate:

I think I died a little inside.

pez777

necro

I'm a huge FE fan, have beaten all FE games except 2+3 and am working on beating those right now. I have too many favorite characters to list, but I like Lex, Ike, Haar, Mia, Zihark, Hector and I'll stop there for now.

I also hack FE games and am currently working on a ragefest hack ( basically a hack where you make a hard FE hack that isn't "fake" difficulty ie. you HAVE to arena abuse or the enemy has 30 killer weapons.

I am also part of a group of people hacking something called the zombie hack, if anyones interested perhaps I'll post a patch so far we're up to chapter3.

looking for new members/ Affiliates

Salanewt

Fire Emblem hacking looks really fun. There was a time when I was trying to get into it, but that was a while ago. I probably still have some of the tools on my PC too.

Zombie Hack. It does seem interesting, could you please tell us what it is about?

Kain

Hrm.  What do you use for your hacking?  Nightmare?

pez777

QuoteFire Emblem hacking looks really fun. There was a time when I was trying to get into it, but that was a while ago. I probably still have some of the tools on my PC too.

Zombie Hack. It does seem interesting, could you please tell us what it is about?

The zombie hack is a group project hack created by several members on a FE forum I go on. The zombie hack takes place in a "post world war 3" on the continent of Europe. The hack is basically a joke hack because logic is destroyed and fourth walls are broken. Your lord is... wait for it... A giant budgie

the hack was ORIGINALLY a reskin of FE8 but now that we have more hackers we are turning into a full blown hack for FE7 ( which has more flexibility with events)

here's a teaser made by CedarNyx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppgYvQTeKao

QuoteHrm.  What do you use for your hacking?  Nightmare?

Technically, yes. but if I used only nightmare I could only do re-skins, I usually use FEditor, Nintenlords event assembler and Mappy.

Salanewt

Budgie!!! I love budgies. I really want to try this out now, but I would rather wait until it is developed a bit more. I just watched the teaser though; the hack looks awesome! Budgies actually fit Fire Emblem quite well.

pez777

All righty, I'll post a patch here when more progress is made.( it's stalled a bit for now because our main event hacker Cedar is on vacation)

In the meantime maybe I'll post a patch for my ragefest hack if anyone is interested.

Aile~♥

Reviving the FE topic to discuss Awakening. (No spoilers, please! Or if you do, use spoiler tags.)

Mostly, I just wanted to mention that Dark Flier is a really broken class. Here's a way to clear just about any "defeat commander" map in 1 turn using two of them:

Have two sufficiently strong flying units (Falcon Knight, Dark Flier, Wyvern Lord, or Gryphon Rider all technically work) who know the Dark Flier's level 15 skill, Galeforce, as well as the Thief's Movement +1 skill. You'll also need a unit who knows the Dark Flier's level 5 skill, Rally Movement.
- Pair Up the two flying units. Doing so should give the lead unit 10 Move.
- Use Rally Movement with the third unit, giving the leader of the paired units 11 Move.
- Move the paired fliers as close to the boss as possible, and kill the nearest enemy. Galeforce triggers, granting a second action.
- Move the paired fliers towards the boss yet again, then have them Switch and kill the nearest enemy. Galeforce triggers, granting a third action, this time with only 10 Move, however.
- By this point, you should easily be within range of the boss, so just fly up to them and hit 'em hard enough to defeat them!
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]