News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

zman's art request

Started by zman9000, 16, October, 2012, 05:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman9000

So some of you know I'm working on a story. And at this point its been about a year since I first said anything about it. the story is starting to come together which I will have to post the rough draft soon. But I've been thinking about it and it would be nice to get the main character fleshed out. so I was wondering if some one on here would be willing to draw the main character.

I have a picture and the description of how he will look.
as you see in the picture below the main will have white spikey hair and red eyes. he will also have slight fangs and a evil look on his face. if you draw more then the head he wall have short claw like nails but not to long. for clothes a white tee-shirt will do and just basic light blue jeans.
Also I would like another version of him with black spikey hair and blue eyes, with a some what normal and a bit bored look on his face. this one won't have fangs or claws. same clothes are fine but feel free to do what seems right to you.

for the most part i'm looking for just the head and face, colored or uncolored will be fine since I can color it if I need too.
I don't have any rush on this. the only other thing I could add is, if for some reason my story becomes a book or something bigger one day, you will receive some rights to it.
so with that, if anyone things they would feel up to this, go ahead. thanks
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Misery

Since I know you might actually read this now, I'll say I'm interested in illustrating some stuff for you story in the future (so yeah, that includes the main character). Right now I just have too many tasks competing for my attention.

And two questions, where is the original picture from, and in what ways should the character be different from it?

zman9000

The picture is from an anime called Kiba. I actually found out about it after i had my main character thought out. they both have the same name some how, my main character is named Zed because Zed means zero in French, it stands for the letter Z for the British. its kinda a throw back to what people tend to call me, "zed or Z" and actually has plot relevance as when his powers go crazy he will call him self Zero, one because he feels empty and two because of the nature of his power.

As soon as I saw the main character in Kiba I was both shocked and excited. though the picture you see is actually photo shopped a bit, as the main character has light gray hair and green eyes. the main difference between them is mostly hair and eye color, slight facial features, and clothing. And his normal look is different from his powered state look. Hair style I'm not sure if I want it a little more spiky or a little less. Like I said before when you do work on it mess around with it a bit and let me see what you come up with, and it doesn't even have to be colored if you don't want to, i have 'some' skill adding in color.

If you have any other questions or if I failed to answer one of your questions as I have a tendency to do from time to time, just ask and i'll try to answer quickly and as best I can.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Misery

Quote from: zman9000 on 25, October, 2012, 12:42:52 PM
...though the picture you see is actually photo shopped a bit
You don't say...

Quote from: zman9000 on 25, October, 2012, 12:42:52 PM...the main difference between them is mostly hair and eye color,  slight facial features, and clothing.
This was basically the part I was wondering about... well, I guess I'll just do something, and you can say what you think of it. It's very far off right now anyway.

zman9000

Perfectly fine, I'd just like something to have in my hands I can mess with. It will really help describing things, and I can possibly animate it... sorta...

I remembered a program I used in high school, today and if I could get a few of the characters I could actually animate the starting scenes and dialog... just gotta find that program again.

Edit: also I went through the story a bit, and well... When you draw him, draw the evil version... dark like, I'll kill you blow up your body then bring you back to life and do it again dark. I realised his enraged form actually needs to look kinda evil. though the normal form will look... normal.

Now I just gotta flush out the other main characters personality, powers, and look... ugg