News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Activity - The Power of Posters

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 18, October, 2012, 09:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

This topic is for listing people who post each month.  It's sad that it appears we don't already have a topic like this here.  Kind of wish this type of information was in the statistics, but oh well.

Perhaps listing the number of posts they make in each month could be considered?

October 2012

Rolina
zman900
Teawater
JamietheFlameUser
Overlord Kain
Takumi
RagnarokEmissary
Kioll
Misery
Knight of Purgatory
HyperMushrambo
leaf
Atrius (2+ forum posts)
Ixion
Shinigami
Robert Joe
TretFan [deleted]

Cbox only:
thenightsshadow
MaxiPower

November 2012:  Nov 4 to Nov 31

MaxiPower
Griever
JamietheFlameUser
Atrius
Teawater
Rolina
zman9000
Knight of Purgatory
RagnarokEmissary
Overlord Kain
Durza
Shinigami
Ixion
VanishMantle
Robert Joe
Kioll
Misery
Zeldafan24
lordnitemare
Kide

Cbox only:
jengutierrez

December 2012:  Dec 1 to Dec 6

zman9000
Teawater
Rolina
Zeldafan24
JamietheFlameUser
Durza
lordnitemare

Cbox only:
Robert Joe
Atrius
Overlord Kain
Ixion
Knight of Purgatory
thenightsshadow
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Crystal Sonata

This seems like a nice idea Teawater. I'm for it. It might actually be easier to write a plug-in that gathers the data itself through the SQL database and displays it on a page. But with our main admin and dev pretty busy atm, that seems like a pipe dream.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Rolina

Thus, why I say Atrius should recruit a friend to be Admin and take care of the forum stuff.  He said he can handle it, but, well, the military keeps him way too busy.

leaf

Quote from: Rolina on 21, October, 2012, 02:45:47 PM
Thus, why I say Atrius should recruit a friend to be Admin and take care of the forum stuff.  He said he can handle it, but, well, the military keeps him way too busy.
Read as: "Nag nag"

:awe:
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Crystal Sonata

Leaf, keep the witty comments to yourself. If this was a hate thread, I'm pretty sure we would know about it.

Real mature, I get down-voted for trying to defend someone -.-
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Kain

Takumi, don't mini mod.  Leaf, don't antagonize people.  Role, you saw how that worked last time.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Rolina

Not really, no.  Last time was Charon, and she was hardly what I was asking for.  I specifically stated in the original version of this was someone without ties to the forum, preferably who was familiar with SMF and knew how to program all the various features people want for the forums.  Basically, I don't want another Charon.  I want another Atrius.

Another Atrius could mean another busy admin.  In my mind, I can see another guy doing what is needed for the forums, but then after awhile he could get to the point of being too busy for the forums.   I think what we want is someone who has the determination, motivation, and willpower to stay and frequently update the forums.  Someone like Atrius, but actually having the time for forum updates.

Who here has the most potential for being the second admin, anyway?  I understand that whoever has the most potential will probably still not be suited enough, but just wondering.  Now that Salanewt has left, I'm at a blank for the time being.

Also, to stay on topic, I've added Robert Joe to the list.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Kain

I meant this discussion.  Sorry to say but I doubt you're going to get another Atrius, let alone another admin.  I myself have asked about this and got nothing.  The fact that our head admin is a programmer is a boon but getting a second one to take care of the site?  That person would most likely prefer to get paid.  Besides, aside from minor features that are not necessary, there's not enough members to really warrant a second admin.

Look at it this way, the site is close to dead and its members are leaving.  I would not trust anyone else I didn't know, experienced or not, as a second admin and I believe quite strongly that Atrius feels the same way.  I mean, he could get a friend of his to do it but that ties into the fact does he know anyone with the skills, the time and the drive.  If a second admin is to be chosen I will leave it entirely up to Atrius.  As for qualified members here, the only one that comes to mind is Sala and he left.

Aile~♥

I dunno if anyone noticed, but people started leaving the site when Charon left. Not before. An active, fun-loving Admin is crucial to keeping a forum alive. We really do need another Charon, though preferably one who deals with antagonistic forum members in a more mature fashion.

Also, fairly certain leaf's comment was in fact a compliment, directed at Rolina.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 23, October, 2012, 08:38:32 AM
I dunno if anyone noticed, but people started leaving the site when Charon left. Not before. An active, fun-loving Admin is crucial to keeping a forum alive. We really do need another Charon, though preferably one who deals with antagonistic forum members in a more mature fashion.

Also, fairly certain leaf's comment was in fact a compliment, directed at Rolina.
Claiming someone's just nagging is never a complement, Jamie.

Aile~♥

Somehow, his use of :awe: implies that it was meant to be a compliment somehow. I can think of ways that implying some random member can get away with nagging the admin could be a compliment.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

zman9000

QuoteSomehow, his use of :awe: implies that it was meant to be a compliment somehow. I can think of ways that implying some random member can get away with nagging the admin could be a compliment.

>_>
You are joking right...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Kain

Yeah we lost a few members when Charon left.  A few more are still interested in leaving for various reasons.  But this isn't the time or place to get into that.

Atrius (He/Him)

I've only posted once this month?  Yikes...

Even though I know people experienced with SMF they have no interest in Golden Sun, so they're not really suitable.  Having an admin that doesn't actually care about the forums would do no good.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Kioll

Quote from: Rolina on 23, October, 2012, 03:00:06 PM
Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 23, October, 2012, 08:38:32 AM
Claiming someone's just nagging is never a complement, Jamie.

Two things.  First, I have to say this because of some sort of OCD I have, but "compliment" is the appropriate spelling.  "Compliment" is something done to make another feel better about themselves, "complement" is something that works well with something else.  Second, I'd offer to help out with the forums, but I have 2 projects of my own and I'd have to research SQL again.  Back on topic, though, I'm slightly shocked to find my name in this list.  That is all.
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

leaf

Quote from: Takumi on 23, October, 2012, 01:42:53 AM
Leaf, keep the witty comments to yourself. If this was a hate thread, I'm pretty sure we would know about it.
Sheesh, and all I was doing was making a lighthearted jab.

I think I was being fairly civil to role, but you, on the other hand, can @#$% off for all I care.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

:Sweat: Please don't get my topic locked. (If it is locked, I certainly won't be able to make edits to the first post when it comes time for November and December, etc.)

QuoteSheesh, and all I was doing was making a lighthearted jab.

I think I was being fairly civil to role, but you, on the other hand, can @#$% off for all I care.
I agree with the first part, but, in my opinion, that last part ruined it.

---

@Atrius, yes, it seems like you didn't have many posts in August and September either.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Kain

Considering Takumi's history I can see leaf's annoyance.  However I must ask that you please don't curse.

leaf

If someone has a problem with cursing, they can turn on censors in their profile. It's not my job to censor my speech for them.
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---